Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Hoffman would be a better option up front than Kitto or Pav.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Hoffman would be a better option up front than Kitto or Pav.
    Mate, I reckon I'm a better option up front. I might be slow and old but at least I can hit the target.

Seriously, trying 442 with someone in Trif's pocket has gotta be worth a try cause what we're doing now isn't working. I'd rather not even use Trif but we have no other option (unless Lord Griff recovers and gets signed) but the question is who to put next to him. Kanta can't play everywhere!

I'd rather try a bit of speed up front to get behind the Nix and force them back. I'm thinking Lundy and Crowley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Mate, I reckon I'm a better option up front. I might be slow and old but at least I can hit the target.
    Seen you miss a few too.....
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

We're ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    I think the crowd numbers need to remain strong as otherwise it may be deemed that the club isn't worth moving forward with.
    I really suspect that with the troubles at both the Jets and Mariners the FFA would seriously consider a merger that would allow another Sydney team into the mix. (I have no evidential basis for this view, just a feeling).
    How many times do the public have to "prove" their support up here? Over the last 35 years we have just kept coming back time after time.
    We want a team and deserve a team...we should be one of the biggest clubs in the country.
    It isnt the fans fault.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    building for the future is not possible in the aleague, every season teams are gutted by the salary cap in some way or another

absolutely no excuse for how we are playing

we're a professional football team who can't score a goal or string 5 passes together, how can you not point fingers at the coaching staff?

don't even think about bringing the squad up because the quality is fine. we have dave carney and two guys who have played at a good level in europe up front and they are not even in the game each week.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    building for the future is not possible in the aleague, every season teams are gutted by the salary cap in some way or another
    This is what pisses me off about the A-League. You constantly hear teams saying this, yet every season teams change that much you cannot build for the future. "Building for the future" basically means we will play young players because they are cheap and when they do well for us we will sell them for a profit.
    Look at current squads compared to 5 years ago, how many teams have young guys who they "built up" still going around for them?
    The only ones that do are average a-league standard players (hardly the future of the league) or guys who may have had bad luck with injuries.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post

absolutely no excuse for how we are playing

we're a professional football team who can't score a goal or string 5 passes together, how can you not point fingers at the coaching staff?

don't even think about bringing the squad up because the quality is fine. we have dave carney and two guys who have played at a good level in europe up front and they are not even in the game each week.
    I agree with your first half but not the last paragraph. Carney, whilst skillful is the second laziest player in the comp (Trifunovic being lazier and never played at a decent European level) and Leonardo has played at a decent level in Europe but is never on the park.

Boogaard and Birraz are the only two players we have that could realistically go to most clubs and get a run, the rest of them are shithouse

There aren't seriously suckers out there falling for this 'rebuilding' crap are there?

You realise we rebuilt before, as have many many other teams all to no avail.

Here's an exercise, go look at the kids we thought we were 'developing' and tell me which of them are playing their best football for us?

Other than Biraz I can't think of many. All the others were cherry picked by other clubs and have gone on to better things. How the hell this clown thinks we can win a comp by doing that astounds me.

While you're at it look at the best young players across the whole league and see if they are still playing their best football at the club that developed them. The best ones have all moved on.

Yet Miller thinks he's going to bring in the class of '92 and they'll be the three best friends that anyone could have and they'll never ever ever ever ever leave each other.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yet Miller thinks he's going to bring in the class of '92 and they'll be the three best friends that anyone could have and they'll never ever ever ever ever leave each other.
    That made me chuckle. Thanks Plague - I needed it.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

There aren't seriously suckers out there falling for this 'rebuilding' crap are there?

Here's an exercise, go look at the kids we thought we were 'developing' and tell me which of them are playing their best football for us?

Other than Biraz I can't think of many. All the others were cherry picked by other clubs and have gone on to better things. How the hell this clown thinks we can win a comp by doing that astounds me.

While you're at it look at the best young players across the whole league and see if they are still playing their best football at the club that developed them. The best ones have all moved on.

Agree, the only other one who played their best football for us is Taggart, and possibly Holland once upon a time.

Banned

Thing is if you are gonna base your squad around kids for the future you need to have good solid players around them.

Even under GVE when we signed Taggz Goodwin Birraz Chapman Beard etc we never had the rest of the quality around the side to allow them to develop at their own pace.

SAF at least had Cantona Bruce Pallister Schmeichal Hughes McClair Ince Keane Irwin etc whilst Beckham Butt Scholes Neville etc came through and of course Giggs had been there for a few years before the rest broke through

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Agree, the only other one who played their best football for us is Taggart, and possibly Holland once upon a time.
    Taggart is a good one.

Holland played with Griff.
    Griff makes everyone look good.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Thing is if you are gonna base your squad around kids for the future you need to have good solid players around them.

Even under GVE when we signed Taggz Goodwin Birraz Chapman Beard etc we never had the rest of the quality around the side to allow them to develop at their own pace.

SAF at least had Cantona Bruce Pallister Schmeichal Hughes McClair Ince Keane Irwin etc whilst Beckham Butt Scholes Neville etc came through and of course Giggs had been there for a few years before the rest broke through
    Precisely. Our recruitment has focused primarily on young kids and players at the peak of their career. We rarely recruit players about to enter, or in, their prime. The last one we signed is could be argued is Poljak (I was excited about him at the time for this reason). Other than that...Zadkovich? Ryan Griffiths?

I guess, thinking further, we have started that approach with our defensive line too.

Others should have been - like Neumann, Celeski, Burns (if only we'd paid up).

Taggart is a good one.

Holland played with Griff.
    Griff makes everyone look good.
    I reckon Zads played his best football for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I reckon Zads played his best football for us.
    I would agree with that..

That is spot on, and also if you are getting young kids, you would hope that they have career aspirations. In that case, they will only stay until they can move onto bigger and better things.

If your squad is predominantly young kids of the future, you for the most part won't have a long term stable club.

The older quality is needed to give some stability.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    That is spot on, and also if you are getting young kids, you would hope that they have career aspirations. In that case, they will only stay until they can move onto bigger and better things.

If your squad is predominantly young kids of the future, you for the most part won't have a long term stable club.

The older quality is needed to give some stability.
    You can have some stability though. You just can't afford the mass exodus of your kids all at once.

You just need to keep your core group of senior players though and add to it from time to time with some fresh blood

I think it is doable at this level with competent coaching.

Problem is we don't see enough competent coaching at our club.

How blokes like Beard and Taggz made it out of here defies belief
    Birraz who is soon to head off for greener pastures is also another modern mystery.

It ain't like you could say they have been well coached in their time at the club

It is down to pot luck and their own talent that got them opportunity outside of Australia because it ain't down to our club providing a quality environment for them to flourish and develop

You can have some stability though. You just can't afford the mass exodus of your kids all at once.

You just need to keep your core group of senior players though and add to it from time to time with some fresh blood

I think it is doable at this level with competent coaching.

Problem is we don't see enough competent coaching at our club.

How blokes like Beard and Taggz made it out of here defies belief
    Birraz who is soon to head off for greener pastures is also another modern mystery.

It ain't like you could say they have been well coached in their time at the club

It is down to pot luck and their own talent that got them opportunity outside of Australia because it ain't down to our club providing a quality environment for them to flourish and develop

Considering the list of Footballers that have done well since coming through our club lately maybe GVE was just a massive wanker and not useless at coaching after all.. HAHA... That said, maybe they know how to train young players up to a good level but don't know how to convert it to on-field quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.