Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Deans IN
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Even when down 4-1 5-1 6-1 etc we were trying to score. Can not fault that at all.
    I find it hard to believe there's no fault in being down 1-6. Displaying a useless attack is laughable.

In a side with no hope If we arent breaking legs than its shit.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    zane was great to be fair to him.

he was really hard done by.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    zane was great to be fair to him.

he was really hard done by.
    loved zane and he played football that suited the squads strength I.E 4-4-2 heskey and taggart

Soo many idiots on some of the Jets fans facebooks pages who still think miller is doing a good job and their only defence is that we have a shit squad OMFG

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Soo many idiots on some of the Jets fans facebooks pages who still think miller is doing a good job and their only defence is that we have a shit squad OMFG
    I agree with you totally he is out of his depth it is pretty sad

Quote Originally Posted by foti68 View Post
    I agree with you totally he is out of his depth it is pretty sad
    He even seems like a nice bloke but he has no idea what he is doing and its showing

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    People are entitled to their opinion without the name calling I reckon. Do you think we have a good squad?

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    People are entitled to their opinion without the name calling I reckon. Do you think we have a good squad?
    Not good enough to finish in top 6
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Not enough to avoid the spoon either.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    The Squad never was, and everyone sensed that at the start of the season.

FFA & Jets have been hamstrung by a rushed decision to retain all roll-over contracts from the Tinkler rein.

The only risk in this retaining $80k for next season is the uncertainty of what happens if a buyer turns up in the off-season and wants to overhaul the squad (yet again) including the coaching staff - this will likely mean back to square one again with another "rebuilding season".

I hope Miller is retained to build his squad.

When we click on the park, we look the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by ruddah View Post

FFA & Jets have been hamstrung by a rushed decision to retain all roll-over contracts from the Tinkler rein.

The only risk in this retaining $80k for next season is the uncertainty of what happens if a buyer turns up in the off-season and wants to overhaul the squad (yet again) including the coaching staff - this will likely mean back to square one again with another "rebuilding season".

I have paid for a family membership each season since the A-league started and I'm tired of all the excuses.
    I have supported this club and many others here have given a hell of a lot more than me as well in time, money, and effort.
    The club needs to put up or shut up. That's what it amounts to.
    Miller has failed to deliver and for that he should be shown the door. Others have been sacked for a lot less at this club I don't see why he should be given preferential treatment.
    The playing group can GTFO as well. Too young, too old, too injured, too lazy... that pretty much describes the lot of them.

as far as I was aware - the new holding company that the FFA created to run the Jets HAD to offer like for like to the players under contract to HSG when they took over the club. It was up to the players whether they stayed or not. So the current squad (except for the players Miller & Murphy/Eland have brought in) are all due to Stubbins/HSG.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    as far as I was aware - the new holding company that the FFA created to run the Jets HAD to offer like for like to the players under contract to HSG when they took over the club. It was up to the players whether they stayed or not. So the current squad (except for the players Miller & Murphy/Eland have brought in) are all due to Stubbins/HSG.
    See what your saying but as it is a new company how liable are they for existing arrangements being that HSG had folded etc

Generally the new company ain't liable for the debts of the former company so it could be that the only reason we had to honour the players deals was as a sign of goodwill rather than any compulsory requirement.

Anyone with a bit more understanding on the legal aspects here than me able to shed some light??

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I have paid for a family membership each season since the A-league started and I'm tired of all the excuses.
    I have supported this club and many others here have given a hell of a lot more than me as well in time, money, and effort.
    Miller has failed to deliver and for that he should be shown the door. Others have been sacked for a lot less at this club I don't see why he should be given preferential treatment.
    The playing group can GTFO as well. Too young, too old, too injured, too lazy... that pretty much describes the lot of them.
    Who exactly is the club at the moment? What other manager would we get right now that has a-league (or any) experience that could turn this playing group into winners?

I think Millers being a bit hard done by. Look at the team he had on paper last weekend. Traveling to a rampant Adelaide, missing 3 key players, after a 6-1 belting, and he somehow gets the team to lift & play a game that could have reasonably finished in a draw. He can't do anything about Alivodic scuffing a shot or Mullen getting turned. Sure he could pick other players but let's be realistic here about who else is at his disposal.

Would like to see what he can do under an actual owner, and with his own players.

there was no decision.
    they were obliged to under the CBA and terms of ownership.

Just like when the FFA finally **** us off to anyone willing to pay the jacked up price they want for us.

Contracted players must be offered a like for like deal.
    The players are then allowed time to act as free agents in terms of seeking offers from other clubs, if nothing comes form elsewhere they can take the offer from the new owner.

Any new owner is hamstrung by contracts from the previous owner.

It's one reason why Miller is signing young blokes to shorter deals, so if a new owner comes in, they aren't left with an aging squad being paid too much, on lengthy contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    See what your saying but as it is a new company how liable are they for existing arrangements being that HSG had folded etc

Generally the new company ain't liable for the debts of the former company so it could be that the only reason we had to honour the players deals was as a sign of goodwill rather than any compulsory requirement.

Anyone with a bit more understanding on the legal aspects here than me able to shed some light??
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    there was no decision.

Just like when the FFA finally **** us off to anyone willing to pay the jacked up price they want for us.

The players are then allowed time to act as free agents in terms of seeking offers from other clubs, if nothing comes form elsewhere they can take the offer from the new owner.

It's one reason why Miller is signing young blokes to shorter deals, so if a new owner comes in, they aren't left with an aging squad being paid too much, on lengthy contracts.
    what Gaz said
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I feel your pain bud. I've been their since day dot as well.

What's the alternative? Become a Euro snob? Follow the scum? F-No!

What has Miller failed to deliver?

Compare the quality and DEPTH of our squad to any team in the top 7.

There lies our problem -not Miller. Nix & Scum are in the same boat - poor quality and now depth.

We can't keep sacking coaches!

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    there was no decision.

Beat me to it.

Miller has said he won't sign anyone for longer than the time he is contracted as coach because he doesn't feel it fair to lump the next person with his squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Beat me to it.

Miller has said he won't sign anyone for longer than the time he is contracted as coach because he doesn't feel it fair to lump the next person with his squad.
    As miller said he has had his hands tied, financially, the whole time he has been here.

Unfair to adjudicate on his coaching capabilities given the lack of squad potential at his disposal.

Someone finally has the sense to stop the rot and fix these ridiculous contracts being offered to some players.

how come Ben kantarovski and any other player coming off contract is not coming out and having a tantrum? These guys are knuckling down and fighting for their careers. Something lazy Dave was not willing to do. How many of his assists came from free kicks?