Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Not good enough to finish in top 6
    No i dont think we have a good squad in fact its ****ing shit but Miller has pretty much chosen a 2 thirds of our squad to use no matter what form they are in and the other third for whatever reason (Pav, Brennan, Lundy,Crowley, Cooper, themba Baressi) have essentially been frozen out when they are defiantly worth giving a go over triffo the lampost and alidovic and watson who havent performed all season. Also a shit squad doesnt stop coaches from trying different things or using different players if something isnt working however Miller has refused to do this and as a consequence other teams have worked us out to a fault and beat us easily most weeks

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    No i dont think we have a good squad in fact its ****ing shit but Miller has pretty much chosen a 2 thirds of our squad to use no matter what form they are in and the other third for whatever reason (Pav, Brennan, Lundy,Crowley, Cooper, themba Baressi) have essentially been frozen out when they are defiantly worth giving a go over triffo the lampost and alidovic and watson who havent performed all season. Also a shit squad doesnt stop coaches from trying different things or using different players if something isnt working however Miller has refused to do this and as a consequence other teams have worked us out to a fault and beat us easily most weeks
    We've been beaten easily twice by my reckoning. And that list of players you rattled off would not have changed that. In fact probably would have made it worse. I agree that we could have changed formations etc more and tried things but our squad is shite. We've lost Haliti and Leo for large portions of the season which has killed us and when some if the younger ones has been given a gotheyve been awful (Pav a prime example) I actually think it's a shame Brennan was injured for so long I think he'd have gotten a go

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    We've been beaten easily twice by my reckoning. And that list of players you rattled off would not have changed that. In fact probably would have made it worse. I agree that we could have changed formations etc more and tried things but our squad is shite. We've lost Haliti and Leo for large portions of the season which has killed us and when some if the younger ones has been given a gotheyve been awful (Pav a prime example) I actually think it's a shame Brennan was injured for so long I think he'd have gotten a go
    most weeks weve relied on birraz to not lose 4-0 so im standing by my beaten easily statement

I think our biggest problem continues to be midfield - Watson & Poljak haven't done a good enough job. I can't totally blame two players but the ball goes through them both ways. A striker can't get into a game when he touches the ball once every 10 minutes, and the defenders can be the best in the league but they'll let goals in when the floodgates have been opened in front of them. Hopefully Ugarkovic can offer something better - he might not have gone around as long as these two but surely he's quicker around the park and that will already be an upgrade (I didn't see his stint against the Reds so can't comment). A stronger midfield means more ball will get up top the and attackers can hopefully find some rhythm. If Leo stays fit, with the addition of Nords, I'm hoping we can make a better fist of the second half then the first and I'm quietly confident we can finish 8th (which sounds stupid but I'm sure everyone here would take that right now.)

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I think our biggest problem continues to be midfield - Watson & Poljak haven't done a good enough job. I can't totally blame two players but the ball goes through them both ways. A striker can't get into a game when he touches the ball once every 10 minutes, and the defenders can be the best in the league but they'll let goals in when the floodgates have been opened in front of them. Hopefully Ugarkovic can offer something better - he might not have gone around as long as these two but surely he's quicker around the park and that will already be an upgrade (I didn't see his stint against the Reds so can't comment). A stronger midfield means more ball will get up top the and attackers can hopefully find some rhythm. If Leo stays fit, with the addition of Nords, I'm hoping we can make a better fist of the second half then the first and I'm quietly confident we can finish 8th (which sounds stupid but I'm sure everyone here would take that right now.)
    This.

this has been our problem for years no disrespect to former captain Zads but he couldnt pass for shit and when we have either slow DMs or DMs that cant pass then we struggle to do anything with ball or keep possession. Jobe wasnt that great of a passer either. fingers crossed Cowburn and Ugarkovic can strike up a really good partnership. Wasn't Joshy Brillainte a DM? dont remember he playing there and he can pass decently.

This also leads to the point of everyone can see Poljak and Watson DO NOT WORK as a pair in midfield yet who do we see every week??

The very fact Haliti is vital to this squad tells you just how shit the team really is.

Nothing against Haliti as he's a good competitor and all but he's hardly the sort of player you would build a team around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The very fact Haliti is vital to this squad tells you just how shit the team really is.

Nothing against Haliti as he's a good competitor and all but he's hardly the sort of player you would build a team around.
    yeah but always gives 100% ( we lack this alot), the few goals he scores are always crucial goals and wouldve scored half the chances Triffo missed

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

Agree but what I think we have missed from him the most is someone in the front third with a massive work rate.

Agree but what I think we have missed from him the most is someone in the front third with a massive work rate.
    This agree 1000%

Banned
    Which makes Millertimes decision to sign Milos even more baffling.

Playing with such a weak squad you would think you would be wanting a mobile player with a great work rate up front.

So we go and sign someone who is very static and lazy.

How hard must it be to not pick that he is a static and lazy player when scouting him for people who are apparently qualified in football like our coaching staff??

It takes rank and file fans some of them with little idea on the game only a game or two to spot it and be in unanimous agreement

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Playing with such a weak squad you would think you would be wanting a mobile player with a great work rate up front.

How hard must it be to not pick that he is a static and lazy player when scouting him for people who are apparently qualified in football like our coaching staff??

It takes rank and file fans some of them with little idea on the game only a game or two to spot it and be in unanimous agreement
    Lazy or not, 6 goals in 15 is not too bad for a poor season

imagine if the bloke could score with his feet

tbh in a better side he'd probably have a squillion goals by now

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    we we've had cowburn sitting on the bench all year so he's had the option to make a positive change but settles for the same shit every week
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Milos has missed the service of Leonardo all season.

Judge at end of season.

Milos will have a few more goals yet.

Would be great if we had berisha, but maybe we can fit his left arm into our cap next year??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

He was signed before we lost Haliti and Leo for the bulk of the season though. The game plan may have been that others would do his running and the wanted a big body who could finish.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Jobe wasnt that great of a passer either.
    Seriously dude, grab your keys, maybe a coat, leave your house, get in your car and get the **** right out of here with that horseshit.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Seriously dude, grab your keys, maybe a coat, leave your house, get in your car and get the **** right out of here with that horseshit.
    Jobe developed very nicely before leaving the club. His passing style and range was getting towards Wehrman standards
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    He wasnt doesnt mean i didnt love him to death
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight