Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Going good ay.

#playingtoourstrengths

I'll still give Miller the benefit of the doubt for a while, he had nothing but time for the fans and kids before kickoff last night, and saw a few people having words with him.

I wonder if he's been given a target on points to achieve for the season rather than aiming for the finals, as he is playing the team far to defensive for my liking...

With that said, I don't really rate most of our key blokes up front, so I'm not sure where he goes to play more attacking football.

The last few games I have noticed we defend far better when we're actually putting some pressure on for a few minutes, even on the counter attacks, obviously makes sense that this would be the case, but one wonders how we'd go if miller was more willing to run with a more attacking formation.

I don't think getting rid of miller will solve anything. We have had 4 coaches since the start of 2014.

Reality is we lack a consistent finisher eg like smeltz, berisha and other clubs have more third party money etc

I'm happy to give him this season and next, then if the club is still not going forward then questions need to be asked.

Overall defensivly this season we have been impressive. Don't forget only one game we have lost by more then one goal.

peaple seem to forget this is the jets,
    have a look at the squad we have. reality is we are sitting alot better then what we should be.
    Miller i think is the perfect choice so far. players, crowd etc love him. he is not up him self.
    not even a KLOPP ETC would do much better.

In this league it all comes down to cash....we have none, the scum have none and the squads show it.....if we can add a goal threat and someone to create some chances we can hand the spoon to the scum.

So can someone explain to me how Popovic did it?

Cause everyone laughed at his squad yet somehow they did OK.
    So did those players miraculously get better or did the coach do it?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Their fans appeared to back them.

We talk a lot but we not always right u know Plague
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

and don't forget he had Freakinger.......oh and on a more serious note he also had a real deal number 10 who goes by the name of Shinji
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

For a start he had a back 4 and keeper of Covic, Elrich, Beauchamp, Topor and D'Apuzzo. 4/5 of those are socceroos.

Shinji Ono and Mooy were in midfield and are wayyyyyy better than any players we have. Even weak ankles Bridge is an experienced A League forward as was Haliti. People may have laughed at that squad but a lot of people are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    For a start he had a back 4 and keeper of Covic, Elrich, Beauchamp, Topor and D'Apuzzo. 4/5 of those are socceroos.
    Oh man.
    Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man.
    Wow.
    Just wow.

Best post in Foz history.

Well done sir.

Oh man.
    Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man.
    Wow.
    Just wow.

Best post in Foz history.

Well done sir.
    Who ever said you cant polish a turd... that is as polished as said turd can get!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Who ever said you cant polish a turd... that is as polished as said turd can get!
    I can see my reflection in that thing.
    What a magnificent thing it is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    peaple seem to forget this is the jets,
    have a look at the squad we have. reality is we are sitting alot better then what we should be.
    Miller i think is the perfect choice so far. players, crowd etc love him. he is not up him self.
    not even a KLOPP ETC would do much better.
    So when he gets a squad of players of his choice (Which is nothing but an excuse for failing anyway )you thinking we are gonna see some attacking football or we gonna still be parking the bus???

I ain't seeing it

The bloke is negative by nature and a leopard never changes its spots

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So when he gets a squad of players of his choice (Which is nothing but an excuse for failing anyway )you thinking we are gonna see some attacking football or we gonna still be parking the bus???

I ain't seeing it

It is worth giving him the time until then... i believe at the moment he is playing the type of football we have to play to get some results.
    The gypos are in the same boat, their team isn't up to scratch, they decide they will play attacking football at all costs... its costing them!

We have been a terrible team for years now, the squad we currently have is probably the weakest out of those yet Miller has made us difficult to beat. You must do that before you can win every game and play beautiful flowing football.
    If he put this team out to play attacking football we would see melbourne city scores quite frequently.
    Or we can be hard to break down get a few draws and get a few wins here and there (be snatched wins or from playing well) and we are better off than we have been in years.

The football isnt entertaining, im definitely on board with that. But i feel if you sat through last year and thought a quick fix was coming, you are as crazy as stubbins!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Pot calling the kettle black there!

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    It is worth giving him the time until then... i believe at the moment he is playing the type of football we have to play to get some results.
    The gypos are in the same boat, their team isn't up to scratch, they decide they will play attacking football at all costs... its costing them!

We have been a terrible team for years now, the squad we currently have is probably the weakest out of those yet Miller has made us difficult to beat. You must do that before you can win every game and play beautiful flowing football.
    If he put this team out to play attacking football we would see melbourne city scores quite frequently.
    Or we can be hard to break down get a few draws and get a few wins here and there (be snatched wins or from playing well) and we are better off than we have been in years.

The football isnt entertaining, im definitely on board with that. But i feel if you sat through last year and thought a quick fix was coming, you are as crazy as stubbins!
    This. Well said.

Why doesn't the Jets become the first A-League club to appoint a female assistant coach?

I have no one in mind. But it would generate a lot of positive publicity and buzz around the club. I reckon the Herald might even do a front-page, wrap-around, cover special thingy, with a feature article written by young Bob Dillon. Or better yet - get a FEMALE journo to write it!

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Pot calling the kettle black there!
    in before membah saying hes the happiest he has ever been ***
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Why doesn't the Jets become the first A-League club to appoint a female assistant coach?

I have no one in mind. But it would generate a lot of positive publicity and buzz around the club. I reckon the Herald might even do a front-page, wrap-around, cover special thingy, with a feature article written by young Bob Dillon. Or better yet - get a FEMALE journo to write it!

Just a thought.
    you sound very much like that person. go back to your wife beating knights