Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Don't worry the coach said he was happy with the effort despite the 1-2 loss....
    Sounds like we hit the post at least 3 or 4 times? Doesn't really come down to preparation or tactics does it?

I can guarantee without a shadow of a doubt, that when we inevitably win a game 1-0 away from home, the first comments will be from you negative ****ers..

"It's just papering over the cracks"
    "We were lucky"
    "If we played someone better, we would have got hammered"

You forgot "it's all BK's fault".

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Sounds like we hit the post at least 3 or 4 times"
    Sounds like you didn't watch the game....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    Sounds like we hit the post at least 3 or 4 times? Doesn't really come down to preparation or tactics does it?

I can guarantee without a shadow of a doubt, that when we inevitably win a game 1-0 away from home, the first comments will be from you negative ****ers..

"It's just papering over the cracks"
    "We were lucky"
    "If we played someone better, we would have got hammered"
    Probably because when the day arrives we win a game 1-0 away from home it will be down to sheer arse with us jagging a goal out of no where probably coming off one of our players arse as we are unable to string 4 passes together the rest of the game.

The opponent having 400 shots and not be able to score in a brothel with a fistful of fifties

Because that is what usually happens.

It ain't like we ever put on a clinical 1-0 away day where the opponent rarely troubles us and we look like a competent side playing the perfect away game

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Don't agree with this logic at all.

Melbourne Victory or the Wanderers would not be happy losing a game to the Mariners even if it was in pre-season. It just shows a lack of a winning mentality and a poor all-round attitude to brush off these types of results as "meaningless".

Of course we don't get any points out of a game like this but winning is winning, especially when it's against not only a local rival but a team without a coach.
    but you don't really think behind closed doors he'd be legit fuming.
    just not playing it out through the media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Why hiding it?.... Get out there and express it and stop pretending there was enough positives that it will all be ok...soon...
    Dare to Zlatan

Just head to the NEWFM thread in local football to see what preseason means.
    ZPL team consistently beat NEWFM teams in preseason but it means nothing and you can't compare teams in preseason... apparently!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Just head to the NEWFM thread in local football to see what preseason means.
    ZPL team consistently beat NEWFM teams in preseason but it means nothing and you can't compare teams in preseason... apparently!
    Yeah but when you play the Gypos you beat them... Simple
    Dare to Zlatan

Why hiding it?.... Get out there and express it and stop pretending there was enough positives that it will all be ok...soon...
    Quick way to lose the dressing room

Banned
    Competent Managers use the media to take the pressure off their players, put it on their players and mind **** the opposition

Look at Ferguson and Mourinhio masters at it

Quite happy to have a dig at their own when and where needed

As for Millertime maybe giving these blokes a public rocket up the arse is just what they need.
    Blokes need to actually see that performance is not acceptable and need to deliver higher standards.

If the players are too soft to deal with a public spraying g then they can go

It ain't like we have a quality enough squad anyway that any of them are irreplaceable

As for losing the dressing room

FMD

These ****s have achieved nothing in 8 years except failure

What exactly is there to be fearful of that under performing players will under perform again??

Strong Physcological messages need to be sent through the media by players coaches and the Gypo CEO

Our players coaches and fans need to get on the page that losing is not acceptable and we have to set ****ing standards that people are expected to meet

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Competent Managers use the media to take the pressure off their players, put it on their players and mind **** the opposition

As for Millertime maybe giving these blokes a public rocket up the arse is just what they need.
    Blokes need to actually see that performance is not acceptable and need to deliver higher standards.

It ain't like we have a quality enough squad anyway that any of them are irreplaceable

FMD

What exactly is there to be fearful of that under performing players will under perform again??

Strong Physcological messages need to be sent through the media by players coaches and the Gypo CEO

Our players coaches and fans need to get on the page that losing is not acceptable and we have to set ****ing standards that people are expected to meet
    And yet when Miller talked about the players needing to improve fitness and mentality etc in an interview only the other day, people complained that he was blaming the players and not taking any responsibility.

Sounds like you didn't watch the game....
    No I didn't watch the game, I read the report afterwards.

"Clut gave the Jets - who also hit the woodwork twice in the first half through wingers Andrew Hoole and Andrew Nabbout - the lead in the 36th minute when he turned Jason Hoffman’s precise cross into the back of the net."

"We were very dominant in the first half [and] I was very pleased with that, though hitting the crossbar and the post was hard to take."

I've obviously added up those quotes in my head to make '3 or 4'.. even if it was twice, my point remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

FMD

sweet. except Miller is 2 years into a career as top dog, not like Mo and Sir A
    that'd be like expecting Kale Bradbury to step into the a-league and score like Zlatan. - at least be realistic in our criticism.
    and Sir A and Mo have a squad depth strong enough to bench Juan Mata or whoever - or the ability to sell and buy a replacement

what makes you so certain the message isn't being delivered at training and not through the press?

some of these players are irreplaceable given the salary cap rules
    if casting off dead shits who cant cop a spray though the media was possible, brennan, pav and cooper would be riding the pine in the Darwin NPL.

what's there to be fearful of?
    a 7-0 loss in Adelaide when the players clearly don't give a ****
    being ear marked as manager who can't man manage
    continuing the ckluster**** that has been this club and still struggling to attract a better quality player/squad

there's a reason the top job in football is called a Manager. You have to manage a squad, not fly off half cocked and piss people off.

and before you go on about accepting failure etc etc etc etc etc etc
    its not about accepting failure - its recognising the reality of the situation and putting in place a plan to rectify the absolute kluster**** that we've been for nearly a decade

expecting this to all be sorted straight away by "not accepting failure" and charging through change 100 mile an hour while ignoring the restrictions in place that make rapid change near impossible in this league borders on delusion.

we've been ****ed for years - its going to take some time

No I didn't watch the game, I read the report afterwards.

"Clut gave the Jets - who also hit the woodwork twice in the first half through wingers Andrew Hoole and Andrew Nabbout - the lead in the 36th minute when he turned Jason Hoffman’s precise cross into the back of the net."

"We were very dominant in the first half [and] I was very pleased with that, though hitting the crossbar and the post was hard to take."

I've obviously added up those quotes in my head to make '3 or 4'.. even if it was twice, my point remains the same.
    Allow me member,
    You don't win games by hitting the post ffs. You win games by scoring, can hit the post 2838844 times and still lose the game.
    Saying we played well and created chances means nothing, might as well go join our failure Olympians on the "almost good enough pension"

/MFKS logic

*removes tongue from cheek*

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Allow me member,
    You don't win games by hitting the post ffs. You win games by scoring, can hit the post 2838844 times and still lose the game.
    Saying we played well and created chances means nothing, might as well go join our failure Olympians on the "almost good enough pension"

/MFKS logic

needs a couple more "aints" and f**ks but spot on there

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Allow me member,

/MFKS logic

Actually having an HAL contract with the Jets and being a government funded Olympian are about on par

Both get paid more money than they deserve with no end performance in effect and offering up piles of excuses for failure

Bit like the cricket team

Bit like the cricket team
    And the Knights..

Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Wait, what?
    WAIT, WHAT!!! Why would they sack him now?! WTF