Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    At the time of this post every thing I said was spot on. Then Miller made some signings and started to improve the squad. Jones has only taken us backwards
    Someone post a back-peddling GIF for me. haha.

Wait, this might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    At the time of this post every thing I said was spot on. Then Miller made some signings and started to improve the squad. Jones has only taken us backwards
    So if Miller was able to turn things around be making some signings then I suppose we should also all calm the **** down and allow Jones the same latitude??

Because as you said signings improve the squad

Signings like Georgevski Shabow and the other 10 who be arriving??

Maybe then results improve also??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So if Miller was able to turn things around be making some signings then I suppose we should also all calm the **** down and allow Jones the same latitude??

Because as you said signings improve the squad

Signings like Georgevski Shabow and the other 10 who be arriving??

Maybe then results improve also??
    Difference is Jones had more resources in January then Miller but didnt make any signings, Miller didnt have a system that was working until said signings, Jones did but changed it and look what happened. Final point Jones doesnt care about eh F3 derby so he can get ****ed
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Difference is Jones had more resources in January then Miller but didnt make any signings, Miller didnt have a system that was working until said signings, Jones did but changed it and look what happened. Final point Jones doesnt care about eh F3 derby so he can get ****ed
    I'm on the Jones out side, but really? Did Jones really have more resources? Why are you saying he does?

I don't think he necessarily did because firstly, players need to be available and secondly, players also have to want to come! We went for Bridge - and he'd be here if he didn't get injured. What impact would he have made - who knows. We got Allwright who filled the NPL void left by Brennan. Also keep in mind, any savings under the cap can be moved into the next season too - perhaps the value wasn't there so we banked it for next year (if there's any)

And no denying Jones made that statement about the derby. But he said it in the press conference right after his team have lost 3-0. Who knows where his head was at - he was probably annoyed at the result and thinking about the questions about the Wanderers performance. Of course he'd know who we'd be playing but in the heat of the moment perhaps he forgot? If he said "Next week's the derby and that's our primary focus" he'd be getting blasted for "obviously not preparing well enough for this game because he's thinking only about the derby - that's why we lost.". What is disappointing for me is he hasn't come out and corrected the statement to stop stupid chat like this.

Don't listen simply to retort - listen and respond to understand. Think about it.

No point arguing in this thread - Miller has gone.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 07-04-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    What resources did Jones have in January??
    The entire limit of our spending was NYL or NPL players.

Reality is the FFA backed Miller more in mid season window than Ledman has backed Jones in the mid season window

That is not even up for debate

Jones has changed his system how??
    We still playing the same formation we have 95% of the season .

Don't let the facts get in the way of your rant though
    Keep going

What resources did Jones have in January??
    The entire limit of our spending was NYL or NPL players.

Reality is the FFA backed Miller more in mid season window than Ledman has backed Jones in the mid season window

That is not even up for debate

Jones has changed his system how??
    We still playing the same formation we have 95% of the season .

Don't let the facts get in the way of your rant though
    Keep going
    Jones had backing from a rich China man saying funds were available. Milller had the FFA behind doing sweet **** all except saying the Jerks were worth 5mil
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Jones had backing from a rich China man saying funds were available. Milller had the FFA behind doing sweet **** all except saying the Jerks were worth 5mil
    As the CEO repeatedly stated, the Jets were not going to spend for a marquee this season. Ledman wanted to come in, assess the club and look at how the books balance before spending outside the cap.

Source - Jetstream chat with Lawrie in pre-season.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

So when he gets a squad of players of his choice (Which is nothing but an excuse for failing anyway )you thinking we are gonna see some attacking football or we gonna still be parking the bus???

I ain't seeing it

The bloke is negative by nature and a leopard never changes its spots
    Wow.

Banned
    So this rich China man theory you going on

No dispute that Lee is wealthy.

But can you elaborate on all these investments he has made into the club ??

Because other than purchase the club and foot the bill his generosity in the transfer market to both Miller and Jones has been pretty lacking

Because other than purchase the club and foot the bill his generosity in the transfer market to both Miller and Jones has been pretty lacking
    If you're asking us to give Jones an off-season, you need to allow the same for Ledman. As with Jones, the squad was all-but locked in when he arrived

Miller had one season, we saw Signs he was worth keeping. Jones has had one season. Jones hasnt shown anything really to warrant keeping (Member he hasnt so stop pretending he has)

love at first sight

Stanny you need a nice relaxing holiday mate. Where you don't check the foz the entire time. You deserve it after what jones and mullen and Hoole have put you through this season!

Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    Stanny you need a nice relaxing holiday mate. Where you don't check the foz the entire time. You deserve it after what jones and mullen and Hoole have put you through this season!
    Thats the plan until I see the news Mullen and Jones have been resigned

love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    If you're asking us to give Jones an off-season, you need to allow the same for Ledman. As with Jones, the squad was all-but locked in when he arrived
    I haven't been critical of the Chinese Lightsalesman

This off season though is an acid test as to whether this bloke is real deal or just a token owner and we been screwed by the FFA shafting us with a lemon

Banned
    Miller had one season, we saw Signs he was worth keeping. Jones has had one season. Jones hasnt shown anything really to warrant keeping (Member he hasnt so stop pretending he has)
    We play out from the back much better.
    We also actually have a much more effective pattern of play in attack

When we were winning games we won them because we actually deserved to win the game.

Not like the last 4-5 years where our wins have been 90% arseing a lead and holding on somehow

What we have shown under Jones is more than in any of the last 8 years

What has crippled us is the players

Last weekend is a classic example.

We should never have lost that 3-0
    We dominated play and butchered our chances they didn't

I haven't been critical of the Chinese Lightsalesman

This off season though is an acid test as to whether this bloke is real deal or just a token owner and we been screwed by the FFA shafting us with a lemon
    OK.

And yes, I agree. A number of fans will be won or lost through his actions this off-season.

When we were winning games we won them because we actually deserved to win the game.

Not like the last 4-5 years where our wins have been 90% arseing a lead and holding on somehow

What we have shown under Jones is more than in any of the last 8 years

What has crippled us is the players

Last weekend is a classic example.

We should never have lost that 3-0
    We dominated play and butchered our chances they didn't
    I agree with you in some ways. BUT. How can you say that Jones is responsible for all our improvements but the players are responsible for all our shortcomings? We play out better from the back - you don't think this has anything to do with tidier players such as Boogard, Ugarkovic and Koutroumbis?

Much better attack - nothing to do with new signings Hoole and Nabbout linking up with (earlier in the season) Clut and also Nordstrand?

I'm not saying our players are world class. But I can't fathom how you are able to attribute all positives to the coaches influence (which lets be honest, none of us except evanhayes and anyone else that regularly attends training would have any idea how much or little influence he has) but absolve him for all shortcomings because the players just aren't good enough.

nice story. Many a team has won a title on defence and at all levels. Style of play has nothing to do with results spesh if we win.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    nice story. Many a team has won a title on defence and at all levels. Style of play has nothing to do with results spesh if we win.
    Hey I agree with you in that titles are won by solid defence

I wouldn't say in the last few years we have had one

Our wins have come about as we found a side who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo that day rather than our super defence.

The 5 games we have won this season have been deservedly won by us being superior over 90 mins

Not by arse.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I agree with you in some ways. BUT. How can you say that Jones is responsible for all our improvements but the players are responsible for all our shortcomings? We play out better from the back - you don't think this has anything to do with tidier players such as Boogard, Ugarkovic and Koutroumbis?

Much better attack - nothing to do with new signings Hoole and Nabbout linking up with (earlier in the season) Clut and also Nordstrand?

I'm not saying our players are world class. But I can't fathom how you are able to attribute all positives to the coaches influence (which lets be honest, none of us except evanhayes and anyone else that regularly attends training would have any idea how much or little influence he has) but absolve him for all shortcomings because the players just aren't good enough.
    About Rd 3 we got caught out as teams picked up on our inability to play out.
    They pressed and we got caught out again and again

Jones mentioned it at that time
    Work has obviously been done as we are much more better at it than then