Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 11 | Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United | Friday 18/12/15 ko 740pm

What did ever happen to Nicky Carle?

Leonardo was essentially a major component of recruitment and it just appears as though he just hasn't adapted. Good player but can't be missing like he is every two weeks etc.

I felt milos was doing a lot of work! Couple of times he had to drop very deep and then he was required to be creative spark in which he actually delivered to carney for a few passes.

Enver is struggling.

Kitto is in favour but I think that says more about the lack of faith the staff have in cooper than anything else.

Will say it again. This squad is hopelessly unbalanced. Money tied up in certain areas of the pitch.
    Do wonder what JP/Miller would have done with last year's squad at their disposal..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    What did ever happen to Nicky Carle?

Leonardo was essentially a major component of recruitment and it just appears as though he just hasn't adapted. Good player but can't be missing like he is every two weeks etc.

I felt milos was doing a lot of work! Couple of times he had to drop very deep and then he was required to be creative spark in which he actually delivered to carney for a few passes.

Enver is struggling.

Kitto is in favour but I think that says more about the lack of faith the staff have in cooper than anything else.

Will say it again. This squad is hopelessly unbalanced. Money tied up in certain areas of the pitch.
    Do wonder what JP/Miller would have done with last year's squad at their disposal..
    Most likely parked the bus and played like cowards

That was a pathetic game last night

Nothing doing all night really for both sides

Took us nearly 30 mins again to have a shot.

Not ****ing good enough

Once again played like cowards thanks to the guidance of our coach.

20 mins to go score 0-0 and we are starting to find some space when attacking the Pissants
    Does he alter tactics go two up front and search for the win?? Does he make a positive sub and put Cooper or Pavicevic on??

No he parks the bus in a vain attempt to cost us the win by bringing Watson on to negate our attacking threat and hopefully cost us a goal.

Thank god Birraz was there to save the day last night.

Coaching for cowards

Played 7 at home Scored 4 goals
    Haven't scored in 3 games
    Haven't scored in the first half in 10 games

Miller being a good coach is an illusion

Could Milos play as a number ten ? His passing / technical skills appear to be way above that of Kitto.

This Leonardo on again off again situation is not good enough and can't be allowed to continiue.

Not having a crack at the blokes footballing ability but we need someone on the park. He is as part time as our CEO.

We are useless. We look utterly unable to score

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    We are useless. We look utterly unable to score
    To be fair, we did hit the woodwork last night.

Only just realised it was Boogaard Snr and wife sitting right near us... Pretty certain he shares my opinion on Carney too

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    . Pawilak was busy.
    Doing what? Watching from home?? Wasn't even in the squad

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Doing what? Watching from home?? Wasn't even in the squad
    meant Poljak as you well know Wolf. Don't be so pedantic

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    meant Poljak as you well know Wolf. Don't be so pedantic
    No I didn't know that. I honestly thought you meant Pawiak, which is closer to what you wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Most likely parked the bus and played like cowards

That was a pathetic game last night

Nothing doing all night really for both sides

Took us nearly 30 mins again to have a shot.

Not ****ing good enough

Once again played like cowards thanks to the guidance of our coach.

20 mins to go score 0-0 and we are starting to find some space when attacking the Pissants
    Does he alter tactics go two up front and search for the win?? Does he make a positive sub and put Cooper or Pavicevic on??

No he parks the bus in a vain attempt to cost us the win by bringing Watson on to negate our attacking threat and hopefully cost us a goal.

Thank god Birraz was there to save the day last night.

Coaching for cowards

Played 7 at home Scored 4 goals
    Haven't scored in 3 games
    Haven't scored in the first half in 10 games

Miller being a good coach is an illusion
    For someone who was apparently hand-picked by Ange, Miller appears to be nothing like Ange in the way he sets his team up to play.

Whether it was the Roar, Victory or now the Socceroos Ange's teams take the game to the opposition and play without fear. I remember Ange a few years back blasting his team (Roar) when in one game he accused them of taking the easy or cowards option and just hoofing it, which was totally against his principles and the way he wanted his team to play.

I was prepared to give Miller the benefit of the doubt for the first 2 months but I think Member has hit the nail on the head here...20 minutes to go and locked at 0-0 and he puts on a Holding Midfielder. Meanwhile young, attacking players Cooper and Pavicevic itching to get out there and get at the opposition are left to rot on the bench....would Ange have done this?.....not in a milllion years!!!

This is a team that is scared to lose. The vibe after the game from them was as if they had won.

we even had fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    For someone who was apparently hand-picked by Ange, Miller appears to be nothing like Ange in the way he sets his team up to play.

Whether it was the Roar, Victory or now the Socceroos Ange's teams take the game to the opposition and play without fear. I remember Ange a few years back blasting his team (Roar) when in one game he accused them of taking the easy or cowards option and just hoofing it, which was totally against his principles and the way he wanted his team to play.

I was prepared to give Miller the benefit of the doubt for the first 2 months but I think Member has hit the nail on the head here...20 minutes to go and locked at 0-0 and he puts on a Holding Midfielder. Meanwhile young, attacking players Cooper and Pavicevic itching to get out there and get at the opposition are left to rot on the bench....would Ange have done this?.....not in a milllion years!!!
    Unfair comparison. Ange has always been in charge of teams with plenty of dollars, quality facilities, and the best personnel available.
    Miller has been handed a side with no money, average facilities, and whatever personnel they could muster up at the time.

Ange has nearly always benefitted from coaching teams with more natural talent than their opposition.
    The time he was in charge of a team that were not blessed with the best available players [2007 FIFA u20 World Cup] he failed to qualify.

I haven't given up on Miller yet. Sure I'm disappointed in how timid we have become but maybe our team just isn't up to the job.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Unfair comparison. Ange has always been in charge of teams with plenty of dollars, quality facilities, and the best personnel available.
    Miller has been handed a side with no money, average facilities, and whatever personnel they could muster up at the time.

Ange has nearly always benefitted from coaching teams with more natural talent than their opposition.
    The time he was in charge of a team that were not blessed with the best available players [2007 FIFA u20 World Cup] he failed to qualify.

I haven't given up on Miller yet. Sure I'm disappointed in how timid we have become but maybe our team just isn't up to the job.
    Ange hand picked a bunch of nobodies as he culled the dead wood from the Roar.

He turned them into an incredibly attacking side who won the comp 2 years on the trot setting a 30 odd game invincible run

He done this whilst the FFA run the Roar and without marquee wages.

To say he has had talented sides is wrong. He just gets performance out of his players.

Whats millers excuse???

Thought FFA didn't take over the roar until after ange won the double.

He turned them into an incredibly attacking side who won the comp 2 years on the trot setting a 30 odd game invincible run

To say he has had talented sides is wrong. He just gets performance out of his players.

Whats millers excuse???
    Not to mention Ange bought Berisha and Broich.... Miller bought Léo and Milosh!!!... Lol
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Whats millers excuse???
    What are you talking about ? In his first season at Brisbane Postecoglou finished 2nd last.

They then sold off Zullo, Oar, et al for a shit load of money and probably used that money to fund the arrival of Paartalu, Broich, Berish, and Theoklitos. ... to name a few.

So the facts are: Failed big time when he didn't have the best team.

Miller would not get enough money for a ****ing McDonalds Happy Meal if he sold all our players let alone enough to buy players from the 2nd tier of German football.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 21-12-2015 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Thought FFA didn't take over the roar until after ange won the double.
    Exactly.

But as you know the member never lets something as ridiculous as facts get in the way of his rants.

Fu@k the more i read some peoples comments about the jets , it feels that the jets are actualy barcelona fc..