Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many members will we get ?

Red face How many members will we get ?

Ok just putting it out there for a bit of fun.
    My guess is 8126 members for this season. Hopefully not too ambitious.
    Has the FFA convinced us all yet that we are in for a better ride ?
    A couple more quality signings might help get a few more to sign up.
    Interested to see some of the numbers people will guess

7-8k i think is about right
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

We will crack 8k without too much drama, I reckon.

I think we'll get 9500.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

17,000*

*including pet memberships

I think we'll get 10k, with 11k a possibility.

10-12 for me. Good vibe with the club atm, probably the best we've had.

Banned
    5-6k

People are pissed off and burnt out with the club after GVE Stubbins Tinkler etc

A lot will not be signing up based on the dross dished up in the past until they see some noted improvement.

Signings like we have had ain't gonna see them motivated to come either and will actually demotivate the plastic fans who may have been wavering.

Had we kept stubbins and Tinkler I deacon we would be closer to 3000.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

I wonder how many pets will signup this year? Anyone from the dog community heard any news on commitments?

For those of us with boring people memberships, i'd say we will lose about 1000 from last year, the FB page had most people saying "I'm pissed off with everyone and everything in life and it's a ripoff... but i'll still sign up cause i'm a real fan! Unlike YOU! Go Knights! I mean Breakers! I mean Jeffs!"

So yeah, i don't think we will take a big hit. 1 decent signing and everyone will be back on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I wonder how many pets will signup this year? Anyone from the dog community heard any news on commitments?
    I've read some ruff numbers, but nothing concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I've read some ruff numbers, but nothing concrete.
    They would be barking mad to sign up after the Members great words to set us all straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    They would be barking mad to sign up after the Members great words to set us all straight.
    Just realised Adelaide missed a trick by not calling their pet memberships the "Gombau wow memberships". I might give them a call, see if I can get naming rights.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    5-6k

People are pissed off and burnt out with the club after GVE Stubbins Tinkler etc

A lot will not be signing up based on the dross dished up in the past until they see some noted improvement.

Signings like we have had ain't gonna see them motivated to come either and will actually demotivate the plastic fans who may have been wavering.
    I've been around since the start. I didn't sign up the last couple of seasons, partly because I was away quite a lot, but also because I was burnt out due to Tinkler, GVE, Stubbins and that it just kept getting worse with no end in sight. I still went to some games, but no membership. But to me, everything that has happened in the past month or two has been a huge improvement and a complete breath of fresh air.

I've quite liked the signings so far because unlike you, I'm actually realistic about what it takes to build a club back up from the ashes. I'm not sure what group of people won't be keen for this season? The diehard fans who are there regardless will surely be signing on? The families that don't know much about football will likely be buoyed by the massive changes, new coach, new players. 6 yr old Tommy Smith won't know the ****ing difference between Labinot Haliti or signing Emile Heskey v2.0 so he's probabley bugging mum and dad to sign up as well... the plastics that you speak of were surely long gone for the past 2-3 seasons anyway, so if anything the changes might sway them back. So who isn't signing up?

Probably too early to call at this stage, if a quality signing or two was announced in the next month then that would certainly boost numbers. Will be interesting to see just how much the "community engagement" plan actually entices more people to sign up too.
    I think overall the general mood is a positive one but it's hard to gauge just how many people got totally turned off for good after the Tinkler/Stubbins shenanigans of last season.
    Some are saying the FFA Cup is not important but a good positive display and a win over Perth in a couple of weeks time could be all it takes to get a lot of people back on board again....yes we are that fickle!!!