Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    If we scrap relegation from any grade, promote those who won their championships. That'll mean ZL3 becomes an 8 team comp, or Tenambit or Kurri might come back into the fold?
    I heard Maitland and Lake Macquarie are keen to get Zone League sides started up this upcoming season.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

If we scrap relegation from any grade, promote those who won their championships. That'll mean ZL3 becomes an 8 team comp, or Tenambit or Kurri might come back into the fold?
    Sounds sensible. I'd doubt anyone is getting dropped

If we scrap relegation from any grade, promote those who won their championships.
    Premierships, not championships.
    OK

Was actually talking to the Tenambit Prez on Monday and I know he is keen on getting a squad back in the grades, it will just come down to getting numbers for the team which will be hard as at least 6 of the 12 from this seasons attempt at a squad left the club all together and a few others are looking to follow those to their new club for next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I heard Maitland and Lake Macquarie are keen to get Zone League sides started up this upcoming season.
    Iv heard Lakes have applied for a team to come straight into league one. Because the players they are looking to put in that squad are the ones to old for their age squads but didn't make first.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Premierships, not championships.
    Thank you Milhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker;163***
    Iv heard Lakes have applied for a team to come straight into league one. Because the players they are looking to put in that squad are the ones to old for their age squads but didn't make first.
    I think those guys and that club will be in for a rude shock when they get to the realities of Zone Leagues to be honest.

Put them in ZL3 and if they're actually good enough, they'll be in ZL1 within 2 years. I suspect they won't go up the comps that easily though. All the Zone League clubs are already filled with ex-NEWFM players not good enough for first grade (edit: yours truly a prime example ).
    Last edited by pv4; 21-09-2016 at 03:27 PM.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Bummer you forgot. I could have had a great rave about Hamburg with you that night
    You'll see Bon and i at Jets games. Got nothing better to do. Love a good Hamburg yarn.

Put them in ZL3 and if they're actually good enough, they'll be in ZL1 within 2 years. I suspect they won't go up the comps that easily though. All the Zone League clubs are already filled with ex-NEWFM players not good enough for first grade
    This is what happened at Wallsend when we were accepted back into NEWFM. We inquired about nominating for League 1 with the players who didnt make the cut for NEWFM and were told we had to start at the bottom and work our way up. Had a good amount stick around and made it to league 2 at the 1st attempt. Didnt quite reach our goal of getting to League one this year coming in 2nd. The top half of League 2 was tough this year and there are some quality players kicking around in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by WFC_ZL View Post
    This is what happened at Wallsend when we were accepted back into NEWFM. We inquired about nominating for League 1 with the players who didnt make the cut for NEWFM and were told we had to start at the bottom and work our way up. Had a good amount stick around and made it to league 2 at the 1st attempt. Didnt quite reach our goal of getting to League one this year coming in 2nd. The top half of League 2 was tough this year and there are some quality players kicking around in this division.
    Exactly. Particularly because Lakes are confirmed in npl for 3 years, that's plenty of time for their non-first graders to make it to ZL1 or higher if they're good enough.
    OK

It's all pure speculation until Newcastle Football make there decision.
    Nominations have been sent out, it's up to each respective club to decide which division they nominate. Then it's up to Russell and Newcastle Football to decide on who goes in what divisions.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's all pure speculation until Newcastle Football make there decision.
    Nominations have been sent out, it's up to each respective club to decide which division they nominate. Then it's up to Russell and Newcastle Football to decide on who goes in what divisions.
    Suburb keen to stay in ZL?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Suburb keen to stay in ZL?
    We were always keen to stay on the proviso that there was a spot made available by the promotion of New Lambton.
    Never wanted to get in Jesmonds way and we only hope that Newcastle Football decide to spare us now there's a place in ZPL avaliable.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Any other clubs willing to think they could go up to ZPL if the opportunities there? Cookers say don't want to. TERRACE took out the GF but lower grades finished lower half of table. Stockton 4th but lower grades the same as terrace.
    Personally don't think a club that doesn't win the comp should be rewarded by going up a division.

Hearing whispers shortland are trying to make a ZL3 team like Edgeworth and Argenton have done the past two seasons

Thank you Milhouse.
    Better yet why don't the federations take into account club championship? I know in sydney first and second division the winner of the comps, prom/relegation are all decided on club championship.

Now that npl has gone to u20 to reflect the changes in sydney & elsewhere, why don't northern and the federations takeinto account club championship a bit more seriously in newcastle? Putting more emphasis on the entire clubs can never be a bad thing right? Surely it's a more sustainable way to assess promotion relegation
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    Any other clubs willing to think they could go up to ZPL if the opportunities there? Cookers say don't want to. TERRACE took out the GF but lower grades finished lower half of table. Stockton 4th but lower grades the same as terrace.
    Personally don't think a club that doesn't win the comp should be rewarded by going up a division.
    I'd imagine Kotara or Warners Bay would be keen? Both have been very consistent over the last couple of years (taking Cookers out of the equation).

I'd imagine if some Kotara players played to their ability in the appropriate grade they'd be a lot more successful in firsts and not so much in the lower grades. Rather then the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    To be fair to Terrace res grade after round 7 we were sitting third but unfortunately as happens, it was around that time we started to rack up the injuries in firsts meaning res sent players up, we also lost a few res players to injury and from that point on we had a lot of guys playing both thirds and res due to the low numbers we had to start with. By the time we got players back it was well to late. I believe if we had a better run with injuries and such we would have finished a lot higher then we did. But we didn't and that's football I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    To be fair to Terrace res grade after round 7 we were sitting third but unfortunately as happens, it was around that time we started to rack up the injuries in firsts meaning res sent players up, we also lost a few res players to injury and from that point on we had a lot of guys playing both thirds and res due to the low numbers we had to start with. By the time we got players back it was well to late. I believe if we had a better run with injuries and such we would have finished a lot higher then we did. But we didn't and that's football I guess.
    I hear their form slipped when they lost their inspirational keeper to first grade. Is this correct?