Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Is Barnsley serious? Hahaha
    Being a long weekend you never know if they were full strength or not. Most teams prob would t have been this weekend.

Kotara vs Cookers
    3-2
    2-1 (i think)
    2-2
    All three good games, Cookers had a decent penalty shout turned away late in first grade.

Which grade are scores for?

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Which grade are scores for?
    3rd
    Res
    1st 2-2

Warners Bay v Stocko
    3rds 5-0 Bay
    Res 2-1 Stocko, Bay took the lead from the spot but we fought back to take the 3 points
    1sts 2-2, Stocko coming back from 2-0 down at HT
    Last edited by Buddha; 12-06-2016 at 08:35 PM.

Really good day for Rams at Beresfield on Saturday, comfortably winning all the 3 grades and taking the full 9 points, 5 1 1sts, 3 0 reggies and 5 2 3rds.

1sts were itching to bounce back after dropping points at Kotara a fortnight ago and that hunger showed from the outset, scoring after 90 seconds and never looking back. Conceded late goal from a well taken free kick from their captain and best player. Bero had a player see red in second half.

I've been pretty happy with the refereeing for the most part this season, relative to the level of football we're competing in I think the middle are doing quite well, sometimes at times the linesman do leave everyone head-scratching. Saturday though, a few decisions definitely had everyone baffled.

Congrats to Nelson Bay on their first win of season too. Seem like good young kids and coach who does plenty of travelling to work with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Really good day for Rams at Beresfield on Saturday, comfortably winning all the 3 grades and taking the full 9 points, 5 1 1sts, 3 0 reggies and 5 2 3rds.

1sts were itching to bounce back after dropping points at Kotara a fortnight ago and that hunger showed from the outset, scoring after 90 seconds and never looking back. Conceded late goal from a well taken free kick from their captain and best player. Bero had a player see red in second half.

I've been pretty happy with the refereeing for the most part this season, relative to the level of football we're competing in I think the middle are doing quite well, sometimes at times the linesman do leave everyone head-scratching. Saturday though, a few decisions definitely had everyone baffled.

Congrats to Nelson Bay on their first win of season too. Seem like good young kids and coach who does plenty of travelling to work with them.
    So funny you said that about the refs, our bloke for CHUFC v Kotara was an absolute disgrace. Close to the worst effort I've seen in 20 odd years of football. Was so 1 sided Cookers didn't get a look in. Chatting to the Kotara players on the field they couldn't believe it either as apparently he'd stitched them up previously. It really spoiled an even, competitive match. Towards the end it almost wasn't worth going into a challenge as he'd just pull us up. And the penalty shout at the end was just the nail in the coffin!!!!!

Quick example for blokes who think I might be over the top. In the second half down 2-1 he called our skipper up 30m into the Kotara half for a chat about a foul from 1 of our other players. Finished the chat then immediately waved for Kotara to take the free kick who promptly passed it 30m to their unmarked right mid and they almost scored. I questioned why our captain wasn't allowed to return to his position and received a yellow for my troubles. So frustrating.

I think in heat of moment it's easy to get carried away re referees but we need to realise where we sit in the overall picture and acknowledge that any referees with quality AND experience are going to be appointed higher. There are plenty decent I believe appointed to us or maybe we at Jesmond have just been lucky.
    Saturdays game however, saw one of our guys chase back through midfield probably 25+metres and make a challenge only when he was adjacent to the player with the ball and that challenge had zero malice but was probably poorly timed - I believe he was carded because of the chase as the referee deemed intent. If he'd have been beside the player initially I believe he may have avoided the yellow, so what eventuated was a caution for his effort. We copped that. HOWEVER, later in same game, out attacker, who was mauled to the point he was later withdrawn was away and his opposing player reached out and grabbed his shirt. Our player brushed him away and then the bloke had another go (arm fully extended both times so blind freddy with his guide dog on main road could have seen it) and hence halted play with a handful of jersey. No card! The most obvious yellow card imaginable. Scoreline 3-0 Jesmond at time but that is irrelevant. Same referee laughed at sideline earlier and shook his head when asked if he was going to consult or even look to his linesman at all that day. Maybe just a bad day because I think we've had him earlier in year and been ok. If referee keeps everyone safe, doesn't make any howlers and the calls are even and consistent, I'm happy.
    Onto linesman - this is where I believe the officials are falling short. And considerably. They're not concentrating, keeping up with the last man and sometimes appear to not even be watching. How many times have we seen a scenario whereby a club can yell "offside" and up goes the flag, irrespective of whether the attacker was offside and even in some cases they've been in own half. This is the area of officiating that needs improvement! As for the simple task of noting which way a throw-in should be given - sometimes that's worse than the flip of a coin because a flip would be right 50% of the time. I understand these are the referees from lower grades and maybe they've had a long day - but they need to realise that the most important part of their day from the clubs that are paying them to attend is that 1st grade line, not their earlier role.

What do you think Wilso, another round of washouts this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    What do you think Wilso, another round of washouts this weekend?
    Me thinks Saturday's games will get on. But I'm doubtful about Sunday's (if there are any?)

Let's hope so, stuff these mid weeks games 😉

Bay and Cookers is Sunday unfortunately

Think the Terrace boys will be licking their wounds right now.
    Getting beat 6-1 in 1st by Stockton and copping an absolute spray by the coach afterwards.
    Heard they were beat in 3rds and Res today. Not sure on scores.

Stockton just sent Raymond terrace back to ZL2 haha. Good win for the Sharks- 6-1

First 6-1
    Res 2-0
    Thirds 3-2

Good 9 points. More a case of stocko being on then terrace being poor. Just wanted it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Stockton just sent Raymond terrace back to ZL2 haha. Good win for the Sharks- 6-1
    I highly doubt that. Terrace are a good side and I havnt seen the same team be fielded yet but I've seen them when they are on and they would demolish teams. Today was not that day. Second half was a one way slaughter.
    Few weird decisions by the far side linesman though. The penalty which confused both teams and a offside call when the score was only 3-1.

Charlie vs Bero
    1sts 2-0
    Res 0-0
    3rds 1-0
    Another dissapointing day for us.

I left Jesmond v Barnsley with a few minutes to go and jesmond were leading 1-0. Not sure how it finished but it was a tight game.
    Also not sure on other grades

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I left Jesmond v Barnsley with a few minutes to go and jesmond were leading 1-0. Not sure how it finished but it was a tight game.
    Also not sure on other grades
    Jesmond vs Barnsley
    3rds 2 or 3 nil Jesmond
    Res 1 nil Jesmond
    1st 2 nil Jesmond.

Warners Bay off? - FSP