Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    More rain forecast later this week on friday and saturday.
    With Jesmond being at Jesmond park (which is terrible for wet weather) and having lost the first leg, you would think they would be working on a plan b?
    So, IF you win the the first leg away and the 2nd leg is at your home ground and it is too wet to play you probably wouldn't be looking very hard for another ground? Or does the association take care of ground change?

Jesmond will be working VERY hard to be playing this weekend I'd imagine.

And, I hope they've brewed some more for the keg.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    You reckon terrace will win 8-9 nil over two legs?? I'd be surprised with that lol!! Nah gather u ment don't let terrace score any!!
    Correct. See this is why I'll never coach. Players would be running around not knowing wtf to do!

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Moving into coaching next year Wilson? Physios around town will miss you.
    Yeh mate. Heading up to Bero. I heard their coach is shithouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Yeh mate. Heading up to Bero. I heard their coach is shithouse.
    I'll tell Neal you said that!! 😜

King park still available
    Will handle the wet weather forecasted

Rain is certainly on its way now. Would like to think host clubs in all comps have contigencys in place to ensure their games get on this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    Rain is certainly on its way now. Would like to think host clubs in all comps have contigencys in place to ensure their games get on this weekend
    I drove past Warners Bay this morning and they had cricket covers over the side of the field near the creek.
    I believe they have GFs there this weekend.

Just to keep people posted re Sunday - the contingency if Jesmond Park is no good is King Park, Raymond Terrace, which holds water a lot better. Thanks to those involved for being accommodating.
    Being proactive would be our preference rather than whatever the alternative is, which may be to try and rush games midweek or whatever.
    In addition to keeping hierarchy informed we will try and keep updates on here too.

Surely you can find a better ground then Raymond terrace. Just saying

Just out of curiosity, how much does NNSW charge you to hire one of their all-weather grounds at Speers Point for a washout game (I assume they hire it out?)?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    What would your suggestion be?

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how much does NNSW charge you to hire one of their all-weather grounds at Speers Point for a washout game (I assume they hire it out?)?
    I believe it's something like $160/hour. But you'd think they'd try and help out the local associations?!?

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    I believe it's something like $160/hour. But you'd think they'd try and help out the local associations?!?
    Seems logical to move games there in event of bad weather, surely they will make enough money from food in their shitty cafeteria to make up for it.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    A few years ago we couldn't play on the main field at Terrace so I think we were forced to play on King Park 3.

From what I can remember the pitch itself was one of the best pitches I've played on.

The distance is a pretty shitty factor but at the end of the day I'd prefer to get the match played anywhere rather than not at all....

How's the Athletics field looking for tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    you talk as if nnsw care about zone league clubs. The same northern that doesn't seem to care that half of the zone league teams in semis will miss out on the npl grand final.

With the electricity bill that was so well budgeted for at Football Five5, i don't think any team will ever get a discount/help in regards to that facility, hey. Just like how they're concerned about numbers that aren't showing up for 5aside but keep jacking up/not lowering prices to play it.
    OK

Btw in my opinion the absolute ultimate field during bad weather is the sand field at Stockton. Rarely if ever gets rained out.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    How's the Athletics field looking for tomorrow?
    We decided as it's the last game of the year we wouldn't call it off, it would be up to the refs. Should be fine unless it flogs down. What we've had so far shouldn't trouble it greatly

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Btw in my opinion the absolute ultimate field during bad weather is the sand field at Stockton. Rarely if ever gets rained out.
    +1. It's a rough ground to slide tackle. Played a washout there as a 14 year old and was very excited to be playing in the rain, tried a slide tackle, bad bad bad bad idea.