Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sambalam View Post
    Disgusting display from 1 stockton supporter. Banter is a great part of the sport but he well and truly crossed the line by abusing families watching the game and telling young girls to "Suck me off". All of this (and much more) in a park packed full of kids and families enjoying fathers day.

Worth noting a few of his fellow supporters rightly told him to stop and he'd crossed the line but that was way too late (after the fulltime whistle)
    In no way do we condone this behaviour. Thanks for noting that most told him to stop. I certainly was one. Emotions got over the line and I apologise as a Stocko supporter/player.

Interestingly, every team that finished third made the GF!

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Interestingly, every team that finished third made the GF!
    3rd grade is 3rd vs 4th, crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    3rd grade is 3rd vs 4th, crazy!
    I wouldn't say crazy, considering Barnsley won there last 8 comp games including all teams that made the finals and any team near, what a run,That was definitely the harder leg to get through, no real advantage there for cookers.

Jesmond v Stockton. Boy did we turn it on. The lads were more focused than I've seen them and scored 4 cracking goals. Stockton speaking of a GF up at Raymond Terrace on Saturday after singing the song after a 1-0 win in the 1st leg probably provided that extra little bit of motivation.

I wont comment on the inappropriate remarks because I didn't hear them but good on the majority who didn't approve and said something. To be honest every club has instances where one of their own oversteps the line, it happens, but as long as it's frowned upon rather than encouraged by seniors within then lets not hang the entire club out to dry.

Stockton have sometimes had a bad wrap on here but I haven't found them too bad and good on them for having a go yesterday and it not turning in a hackfest, which can happen when disappointment sets in. Yes there were some strong challenges but we were guilty of that too.

I will have a dig at the lack of support of a licensed venue. If your alcohol was taken to the ground that's poor form in my opinion. There were blokes from just about every other club supporting the game day hosts.

Everyone has their opinion but I feel Jesmond v Raymond Terrace is comfortably the best two teams playing one another in next weeks GF. Congratulations on the demolition of Cooks Hill who are a good side themselves. Saturday could be a cracker!

Awesome to get 2 grades playing on GF day too! Makes for a big day for our mob.

Lastly - can we get some support together to piss off this "away goal rule" for the lower grades? Keep it in 1st grade as makes sense but Jeso reggies playing "away' at Jesmond park yesterday is just stupid, and there are many other instances. Our 3rds got the rub of the green with it by beating Kotara on "away" goals when both sides were away for both legs and aggregate score 1-1. Makes no sense.

Have to agree with your last point, it would be too hard to have lower grades playing at the proper grounds for home and away. But having the away goal rule apply to them is rough, we had the same situation with our reserve graders playing the second leg at "home" against Wallsend at Wallsend.

Great effort from our Terrace 1st grade to make the final after taking promotion this year , looking forward to this Saturday.
    Will be good to see the 2 playing that missed out on the final last year through injury.
    Good luck to all the Teams playing on Saturday!

So what's everyone's thoughts on the games to come this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    3rds- Barnsley by 2
    Ressies- Cookers either in ET or pens
    1sts- Jeso by 2

Quote Originally Posted by XRanger View Post
    I wouldn't say crazy, considering Barnsley won there last 8 comp games including all teams that made the finals and any team near, what a run,That was definitely the harder leg to get through, no real advantage there for cookers.
    While it sounds like Barnsley had a good end to the season, a huge factor was that Cooks Hill had all three grades in the finals. Having players who played a lot of football in third grade being used as fresh subs for reserve grade isn't ideal for winning finals games.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    Players and supporters will start riots due to suspected thuggery, rule interpretations and disappointment. #magicoftheGF

Quote Originally Posted by Thedazzler View Post
    While it sounds like Barnsley had a good end to the season, a huge factor was that Cooks Hill had all three grades in the finals. Having players who played a lot of football in third grade being used as fresh subs for reserve grade isn't ideal for winning finals games.
    You would imagine that would affect ressies and 1st grade more considering 3rd grade play firsts, any club who can qualify all grades to the finals is a massive achievement just on its own, big hats off to cookers and jeso on doing that.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    games are on at Macquarie Fields, Speers Point on Saturday 10 Sept for those interested in attending

http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_in...25-0&a=FIXTURE
    Last edited by boz-monaut; 06-09-2016 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    games are on at Lisle Carr Oval, Whitebridge on Saturday 10 Sept for those interested in attending

http://websites.sportstg.com/comp_in...25-0&a=FIXTURE
    Ah that's ZL2 we are at Macuqrie Fields

Was going to mac field but fking weddings. 52 wks to choose from....

Quote Originally Posted by Thedazzler View Post
    I think you will find that cooks hill had the fresher squad for second game, barnsley had two changes from first leg, one starter and one bench and cooks hill had at least 4 the two who started in the middle of the park didn't feature at all in the first leg. I will say over the both games we feel we more then deserved it, cooks hill are a good side but we never really felt worried about getting the result even after loosing the first leg,

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    I think you will find that cooks hill had the fresher squad for second game, barnsley had two changes from first leg, one starter and one bench and cooks hill had at least 4 the two who started in the middle of the park didn't feature at all in the first leg. I will say over the both games we feel we more then deserved it, cooks hill are a good side but we never really felt worried about getting the result even after loosing the first leg,
    Only changes through injury, we lost our 2 starting CD in the first leg to hammy and ankle, and our usual DM sat that first one out due to back issue. You cant stack when everyone above is playing too!
    Barnsley just wanted it more and when that happens you tend to get the good bounce or deflection which can lead to goals, that's why I think they will win 3rds

[QUOTE=WWMTD?;162275]Only changes through injury, we lost our 2 starting CD in the first leg to hammy and ankle, and our usual DM sat that first one out due to back issue. You cant stack when everyone above is playing too!
    Barnsley just wanted it more and when that happens you tend to get the good bounce or deflection which can lead to goals, that's why I think they will win 3rds

In reggies WB have been solid all year but round 18 was a draw and cookers looked better in the day, it will be really close.

Jeso have to be favourites in 1sts after the year they've had. Depending on which terrace team show up will determine how close it is, both capable of goals

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    Only changes through injury, we lost our 2 starting CD in the first leg to hammy and ankle, and our usual DM sat that first one out due to back issue. You cant stack when everyone above is playing too!
    Aren't you so lucky that with so many injuries you were still able to replace with more depth. You also can't "stack" in 3rd grade as players need to have qualified for said grade. In the end Barnsley won over the two legs. Whether they had teams in higher grades playing or not has no bearing on the end result. It would be like saying Stocko had an advantage over Jeso because our other grades didn't qualify for the finals. Clearly having "fresh" subs didn't help us much.

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    Definitely not implying you stacked at all just replying that we had less player changes then yourselves. We were the same with our changes being due to injuries. Makes it tiff on coach this week we have 19 fit and eligible for the 16 spots, hard choices ahead.