Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Jeso v WBay
    1sts: 2-1
    Res: 0-0
    3rds: 3-1

I heard Cooks hill and Barnsley had a draw not sure of score.

Nelson Bay V Terrace
    3rds 4-0
    Res 1-2
    First 0-3

What was the cooks hill score?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    What was the cooks hill score?
    1-1 cooks hill lucky to get a point, scored with 3min to go againstrun of play. I wasn't there this is second hand info
    Res 4-0 to cooks hill
    3rds 1-0 to the doggies

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    1-1 cooks hill lucky to get a point, scored with 3min to go againstrun of play. I wasn't there this is second hand info
    Res 4-0 to cooks hill
    3rds 1-0 to the doggies

Certainly not against the run of play Cookers had the better of the possession and field position but defensive stuff up gifted Barnsley goal and afterwards Barnsley very difficult to break down but we had about 10 consecutive corners and eventually scraped a goal with a couple to go. Very competitive match geez Barnsley playing like a team determined not to be relegated. They certainly play that field very well. Based on todays performance Barnsley are going to very hard to break down. Very enjoyable, competitive match good bunch of blokes and dare i say it the ref had a decent game. This may sound a bit harsh from me but there is something about having 2 clubs battling it out for relegation as it makes every game involving these clubs really important and hand fought. Just wish it was the same at the top of the table....

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    Certainly not against the run of play Cookers had the better of the possession and field position but defensive stuff up gifted Barnsley goal and afterwards Barnsley very difficult to break down but we had about 10 consecutive corners and eventually scraped a goal with a couple to go. Very competitive match geez Barnsley playing like a team determined not to be relegated. They certainly play that field very well. Based on todays performance Barnsley are going to very hard to break down. Very enjoyable, competitive match good bunch of blokes and dare i say it the ref had a decent game. This may sound a bit harsh from me but there is something about having 2 clubs battling it out for relegation as it makes every game involving these clubs really important and hand fought. Just wish it was the same at the top of the table....
    If you call not chasing your man a defensive stuff up then yea I guess it was a pretty big one considering there was 2 of them there watching. But really I thought it was well work and finished goal..

Game was good very physical always is with you guys and you are happy to get it and hit back (well nearly all of you) ha ha ha

Bit disheartening for me thou we deserved the 3 points I thought, might be bit biased but who isn't

Can I get some clarification if a keeper kicks it out of his hands can the bloke be offside???

Yes, only a goal kick off the ground can be onside

Some results from yesterday definitely tightening up the race for 2nd,3rd and 4th. A win for Stockton today will make it even more interesting on the run home.

Cheers to Charlestown for the minute's silence before each grade today. Means a lot to us and especially the player affected

Kotara vs Bero

3rd 8-0
    Res 1-1
    1st 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Cheers to Charlestown for the minute's silence before each grade today. Means a lot to us and especially the player affected
    Any results from the games?

3rds 2-0 Charly including saved penalty
    1st and Res both 0-0

Disappointing for Stockton, majority of possession but one of those days where the ball couldn't find a way to the back of the net.

I witnessed one of the best things I've ever seen in local football on the weekend. And of all places, at Jesmond Park. That keg set-up. Boys, kudos to you because that's exactly what amateur football is about. I hope for one, that you guys choke and don't get promoted cause we need more of that in this competition.
    Cheers lads

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    I witnessed one of the best things I've ever seen in local football on the weekend. And of all places, at Jesmond Park. That keg set-up. Boys, kudos to you because that's exactly what amateur football is about. I hope for one, that you guys choke and don't get promoted cause we need more of that in this competition.
    Cheers lads
    Good drop too!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Disappointing for Stockton, majority of possession but one of those days where the ball couldn't find a way to the back of the net.
    If you have seen any of Charlestown this year, you would know that having majority possession against them doesn't usually amount to much (take out Warnersbay results who have put 10 past them they have only conceded 11) as was the case on the weekend Stockton had majority possession and Charlestown had majority of the chances.

When and where is cookers vs Warners bay 1st grade catch up being played

Tonight down on the water @ WB..... 8pm KO. Should be perfect conditions for football.