Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    Big shout out to the Bero boys for making an appearance in the NEST for a few cold ones after the game. Great bunch of blokes and all 3 games played in good spirit. Good luck getting your ground sorted fellas!!!
    the NEST
    We have been saved.

From what I've seen, Jesmond have scored 4 goals off the shins, and 3 from miss-kicks so I reckon they've been lucky. Throw in the 2 goals from definite offside and 1 game they paid the ref overs. They still won't make the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    From what I've seen, Jesmond have scored 4 goals off the shins, and 3 from miss-kicks so I reckon they've been lucky. Throw in the 2 goals from definite offside and 1 game they paid the ref overs. They still won't make the top 4.
    What a joker!

I have been watching this space as a keen observer for weeks now and would like to say I've never read so much jibber.
    If all the lads had as much poetic license as Stockton we would all be wearing glass slippers.all 3 grades from the wrong side of the bridge are where they are on the table for the simple reason of thuggery not football.
    Peace nosmackjustfact

Quote Originally Posted by nosmackjustfact View Post
    I have been watching this space as a keen observer for weeks now and would like to say I've never read so much jibber.
    If all the lads had as much poetic license as Stockton we would all be wearing glass slippers.all 3 grades from the wrong side of the bridge are where they are on the table for the simple reason of thuggery not football.
    Peace nosmackjustfact
    Right side of the bridge**

My predictions for the weekend!!
    Cookers
    Terrace
    W"bay
    Charly
    Stockton

Draw
    Terrace
    Bay
    Bay
    Kotara

Cookers
    Draw
    Warners Bay
    Charlestown
    Draw

Terrace V Bero
    3rds 1-1
    Res 3-0
    First 3-3

Barnsley vs Warners Bay
    3rd 2-1 Barnsley
    Res 2-2
    First 2-0 Bay

Jeso v Cooks Hill.

3rds Jes 0 Cookers 3. Didnt see but apparently we got early red which didn't help but we battled until late.

Res Jes 1 Cookers 1. We equalised with almost last kick of game.

1sts Jes 4 Cookers 0. Cudos to C H who battled late but we took chances.

Good luck moving fwd Cooks Hill and cheers to 1st grade who didn't turn into hack fest when down a few which often happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbelong@jesmondpark View Post
    Jeso v Cooks Hill.

3rds Jes 0 Cookers 3. Didnt see but apparently we got early red which didn't help but we battled until late.

Res Jes 1 Cookers 1. We equalised with almost last kick of game.

1sts Jes 4 Cookers 0. Cudos to C H who battled late but we took chances.

Good luck moving fwd Cooks Hill and cheers to 1st grade who didn't turn into hack fest when down a few which often happens.
    Proving to all the ppl that thought it was just luck they are the team to beat

Terrace V Bero.
    3-3
    Got down to see the game yesterday. Terrace were up 3 nil inside 20 mins and looking like taking the game away for a white wash. Terrace created a lot of chances in the first half using the quick men up front. Bero got back into the game with a goal from a corner and a well taken free kick with last kick of the first half.
    Second half was back and forth with both teams creating a few chances. Bero got a 3rd goal from a terrace goal kick picking out a Bero player and him putting it away from distance. Terrace ending up with 10 men for last 10 mins made it interesting with Bero looking to grab a winner. Even points in the end. Credit to Bero for a good fight back. I'm sure the Terrace boys will be kicking themselves not to have taken the 3 points from this game.

Kotara v stocko
    1st 2-3
    Res 2-1
    3rd 1-3

Stocko missed pen. kotara got pen made it 2-1. kotara got red card at about 55th. Stocko took over from there
    Last edited by hawk; 15-05-2016 at 06:39 PM.

NBay v Charlie
    1sts 0-2
    Res 0-0
    3rds 1-3

Shoulda been a sweep, but we just couldnt score in reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Kotara v stocko
    1st 2-3
    Res 2-1
    3rd 1-3

Stocko missed pen. kotara got pen made it 2-1. kotara got red card at about 55th. Stocko took over from there

was this kotoara 3rds first loss at home in 3 years or whatever they were always crowing on about??

This comp is crazy.

Good game of football between Stockton and kotara. Big 3 points for the Sharks

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    was this kotoara 3rds first loss at home in 3 years or whatever they were always crowing on about??
    Coach Panda has been reminding all at Stockton that he is the first coach in 3 years to beat Kotara 3rds at Nesbitt. Tbh they should have won about 16-3, but ironically the number 16 for Kotara missed about 10 sitters and a penalty saved, I lost count how many one on ones he hit straight at our keeper. Surprised the coach put him back on in the second half

Gutted to lose in Reserves, fought hard to get it back 1-1 then had two chances cleared off the line from a corner, absolute screamer to win the match.