Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Jesmond vs N-Bay

Thirds 1-1
    Ressies 4-1??
    Firsts 3-1

Top effort from the Bay in firsts. Not sure how they haven't got any points yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Berbs View Post
    To be fair it was 3-0 before the player was sent off but Barnsley did put up a good showing but our defence was pretty solid. Finally getting a few results at Stockton and look to next weekend with one of the bigger rivalries between Stockton and Bero.
    I couldn't remember if it was already 3 nil or not

Bay v Bero
    1st 4-3
    Res 3-1
    3rd 3-0
    Great day at the office for Bay. Bero have a couple of quality players and game could've gone either way in firsts. Feel for the first grade keeper, let in a howler.

So what's going to happen to the cooks hill in this grade next year?? Just saw the newy sports rant bout the newfm team playing zone league football. Cooks hill running with two zone league teams or they becoming 1???

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    So what's going to happen to the cooks hill in this grade next year?? Just saw the newy sports rant bout the newfm team playing zone league football. Cooks hill running with two zone league teams or they becoming 1???
    Never mind have been following the comments on said rant.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Never mind have been following the comments on said rant.
    No point following now, post has been removed. I'd say the kid won't have many fans from his beloved Cooks Hill club.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    No point following now, post has been removed. I'd say the kid won't have many fans from his beloved Cooks Hill club.
    Yes would say he has dug himself a bit of a hole.

Charlestown v Kotara South
    1sts 2-0
    Res 0-2
    3rds 3-2

Only a third in but I think the current top 5 will fight out the top 4 now.

It will be between Jesmond, Stockton, cooks hill, warners bay and the terrace for top 4 fight. Early days but that's my prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    It will be between Jesmond, Stockton, cooks hill, warners bay and the terrace for top 4 fight. Early days but that's my prediction
    Really don't think you can count out Kotara, Bero or Charlestown this early. Couple of wins on the trot and it's anyone's spot. Jeso looking like the only certainties at this point.

Would like to wish Nelson Bay 1sts all the best for the rest of the season. Went 1-0 up v us and had some half chances to maybe add another before we took hold of the game and went on with it to win 3-1.

Young group who, if don't get too disheartened will learn from the experience of this year and I have no doubt will pick up some points along the way. Keep fighting lads!

Stocko v Barnsley

Barnsley should be ashamed of themselves. What an horrible effort by the team from the west. Who would have thought that the guys in green can't drink. That was one of THE worst efforts I've seen in a boat race my whole career!

In all seriousness though cheers to the lads for coming back and having a few bevs at the washy

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Stocko v Barnsley

Barnsley should be ashamed of themselves. What an horrible effort by the team from the west. Who would have thought that the guys in green can't drink. That was one of THE worst efforts I've seen in a boat race my whole career!

In all seriousness though cheers to the lads for coming back and having a few bevs at the washy
    Ha ha ha ha ya had me I was fired up ready fight back till I finished reading it. Nice job..

By the sounds of it they have let the rest of us down. Obviously the big man bear wasn't there he would down 3 himself before most of us had one

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Stocko v Barnsley

Strong words..worse than cooks hills 2015 effort??

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    I don't think they finished the middy....

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    How can you have a boat race with a Latte??

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    How can you have a boat race with a Latte??
    It's possible, it's just a waste of a good coffee haha

Cookers vs Barnsley 1st grade catch up game tonight
    3-1 cooks hill

Home match for a travelling Barnsley. Congrats Cooks Hill.