Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Anyone on here follow the zone league video that newy sports guy puts up on Thursday night? How do they feel about his predictions? Personally I enjoy what he does but I know he loves his cooks hill teams but to predict 5-1 against the terrace seems little far fetched. Terrace may have injuries but I'm sure they have depth to fill the void. Their Ressies team did win the GF last year in ZL2 and have some handy players to step up.

will have to check it out, maybe he knows somthing others dont? im sure our boys will be up for this one

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    Anyone on here follow the zone league video that newy sports guy puts up on Thursday night? How do they feel about his predictions? Personally I enjoy what he does but I know he loves his cooks hill teams but to predict 5-1 against the terrace seems little far fetched. Terrace may have injuries but I'm sure they have depth to fill the void. Their Ressies team did win the GF last year in ZL2 and have some handy players to step up.
    Didn't know about it. Do you have a link to it

Check it out on Facebook. NewyTy is around here on the forums. Very committed spend countless hours at games reviewing and watching. Kudos to the young guy.

Just quietly I wish everyone would stop bloody talking about Cooks Hill every week, all it does it provide motivation for our opponents!!!!!

On another note Cooks Hill would like to extend an invitation to the Terrace boys to join us upstairs in the NEST post game for a few frothies and chat about the big issues ie. The standard of refereeing, the election and where to find the best flat white on Darby St.......

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Check it out on Facebook. NewyTy is around here on the forums. Very committed spend countless hours at games reviewing and watching. Kudos to the young guy.
    Facebook that's no good not on it

For what it's worth, I'll go with:

Stockton
    Jesmond
    Draw
    Draw
    W Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    Facebook that's no good not on it
    He's on YouTube too mate. If you searched NewyTy or NewySports I think he goes under, you'll find the Zone League reviews and previews.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    He's on YouTube too mate. If you searched NewyTy or NewySports I think he goes under, you'll find the Zone League reviews and previews.
    Cheers mate I'll have a look

Bero
    Cookers
    Barnsley
    Jesmond
    Kotara

Haha is that how you got your name?
    I'm sure the boys will oblige to your Invitation and attend the Nest for a few refreshments 😉
    Last edited by RANGER09; 20-05-2016 at 11:52 AM.

To explain the Cooks Hill 5-1 tip. I saw Terrace had a few out. Wasn't aware that their reserves are solid as I don't pay too much attention to ressies and stuff with all the New-FM coverage I do. We'll have to see how it goes. Really like the Terrace guys and took my AA team up there in pre-season to play their 3rd grade which was fun. I'm not always biased towards Cooks Hill, a look at my New-FM 1st grade tips for this week will prove that.

Thanks for the kind words as well. Have changed my schedule this year with what was once NPL coverage time being devoted now to the Zone Leagues. I feel it's more suitable considering NPL has NBN, BarTV and the likes covering it. Might head into the catch-up Cooks Hill v Barnsley game on Tuesday night. ZL2 at Maryland the other night was quite entertaining and a break from the New-FM comp.

Cooks Hill V Terrace
    Thirds 2-0
    Res 1-2
    First 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Cooks Hill V Terrace
    Thirds 2-0
    Res 1-2
    First 2-1
    Not a bad showing for a team with 12 1st graders out...

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    Just quietly I wish everyone would stop bloody talking about Cooks Hill every week, all it does it provide motivation for our opponents!!!!!

On another note Cooks Hill would like to extend an invitation to the Terrace boys to join us upstairs in the NEST post game for a few frothies and chat about the big issues ie. The standard of refereeing, the election and where to find the best flat white on Darby St.......
    Just need a key to get in there...

Batemang: setting land speed records from Athfield to Retro's house for said key.

And on that flat white issue, never ask the Mayfield boys. They obviously don't venture there.

Stockton vs Barnsley
    3rds 3 nil Barnsley good game both teams having play at times but think we had most of the game good win
    Res 6-5 Barnsley 3-1 to Stockton at HT Stockton scoring all 4 goals. Good come back win for Barnsley boys
    1st 3 nil Stockton
    Pretty even first half Stockton pinching goal right on ht Stockton started controlling game bit more in second half Barnsley went down to 10 men open game up for Stockton Barnsley still pushed all game just couldn't finish

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    Stockton vs Barnsley
    3rds 3 nil Barnsley good game both teams having play at times but think we had most of the game good win
    Res 6-5 Barnsley 3-1 to Stockton at HT Stockton scoring all 4 goals. Good come back win for Barnsley boys
    1st 3 nil Stockton
    Pretty even first half Stockton pinching goal right on ht Stockton started controlling game bit more in second half Barnsley went down to 10 men open game up for Stockton Barnsley still pushed all game just couldn't finish
    Rumour on the street is that the player send off was of the bloke with the best haircut in Barnsley. Anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Could've gone the other way. The Red Headed bloke for Terrace put one over from a cut back from the striker after stealing a pass back to the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    Could've gone the other way. The Red Headed bloke for Terrace put one over from a cut back from the striker after stealing a pass back to the keeper.
    Have to take your word for that. Wasn't there.

To be fair it was 3-0 before the player was sent off but Barnsley did put up a good showing but our defence was pretty solid. Finally getting a few results at Stockton and look to next weekend with one of the bigger rivalries between Stockton and Bero.

Warners bay v bero shall be a great game today.
    Do we have the score for the Jesmond v N bay game?