Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Wilso - will the mighty shores of Corroba Oval have a temporary liquor licence in place this weekend? Not for me of course, cause I'm an athlete, but I'm sure there'll be other fat Warners Bay troopers that'd be keen?

For teams / spectators attending King Park on Sunday please be pass on that we will have a liquor licence in place for the day.
    Good luck to all teams in the finals!

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    3rds upset might depend on whether Barnsley stack it with no higher grades now playing for them..guess we will see on the weekend!
    Assuming they didn't stack teams on the weekend, they won 3rds but also won Reserve grade and only lost 1-0 in 1st grade in what was said to be a pretty tight game.

Against Jesmond who finished above them in all grades.
    When a 3rd grade is stacked the higher grades don't usually fair so well!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Wilso - will the mighty shores of Corroba Oval have a temporary liquor licence in place this weekend? Not for me of course, cause I'm an athlete, but I'm sure there'll be other fat Warners Bay troopers that'd be keen?
    Ill leave this to others to either confirm or deny. I always get myself into sticky situations when alcohol is involved..

Either that or bring as many Mr Schnitzel wraps to the game and I'll dish out free piss to all myself!

If this rain hangs around what are the chances of games getting on?
    I know Terrace rarely gets washed out. What happens if they are?
    Pretty sure this discussion comes around every year the finals are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    If this rain hangs around what are the chances of games getting on?
    I know Terrace rarely gets washed out. What happens if they are?
    Pretty sure this discussion comes around every year the finals are on.
    Wouldn't the first leg be classed as a 0-0 result, and just come down to the second leg..
    And if both legs are washed out then the two highest placed teams go through to the gf!!

And there's likely to be rain toward the end of next week as well, if the iPhone weather app is accurate...

Quite a few scenarios to take into account looking at the washout rules, will have to wait and see what the weekend brings

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Wouldn't the first leg be classed as a 0-0 result, and just come down to the second leg..
    And if both legs are washed out then the two highest placed teams go through to the gf!!
    Pretty sure it does end up 0-0 first leg if it's a washout. Think it might have happened in recent years

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Pretty big incentive then for teams to get games on at all costs this weekend, being the lower teams, as top teams could just wash out the following week and guarantee a gf spot

We have barely had any rain, we'll certainly not where I've been the last day and a bit. So it really shouldn't be an issue!

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Jesmond v Cookers - Firsts
    W Bay v Kotara - Reserve
    Cookers v Kotara - Thirds
    I would like to see
    Jesmond v Cooks Hill
    All three grades.
    They are the only teams to make all three so would be a good way to settle the club championship and a great day of football to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    Pretty sure it does end up 0-0 first leg if it's a washout. Think it might have happened in recent years
    Saw an email in another thread saying first priority is to reschedule at another ground, second is to replay midweek and if rain washes that out then second leg becomes a one off match.

If this is then washed out the highest team qualifies.

Said email:

Afternoon,

With some ordinary weather surrounding the area some questions arise regards what happens if…….?

· With all respect to safety play your matches.
    · Preference, if not obviously under water, would be to leave it up to the Referee call which may give your pitch some more drainage/drying time.

If there is no alternative and your ground is closed;

· Make arrangements to re-locate the matches on that day. Leg 1.
    · Remember to contact – ZFL (either Gail or me) of the move, your opposition. ZFL contact will inform State League Referees.
    · If no alternative is available – reset the matches for mid-week; usually Wednesday.
    · If the weather dictates that no reset match of Leg 1 is possible during the week then Leg 2 becomes a ONE off match – Winner through to the Grand Final.
    · If the ONE off Leg 2 match is washed out plus any resets – the highest ranking teams go through to the Grand Final.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-86 View Post
    Bloke who played upfront against us in 1st grade in the 1st round was playing 3rd grade in the 2nd round.
    I think you will find this bloke played the whole second round in thirds where he arguably should of been from the start, as he could fall into the said 'big boppas' category these days

Stockton 1 v Jesmond 0

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Stockton 1 v Jesmond 0
    No surprise here, Stocktons result last week would of thrown teams off, but boosted by a couple of missing 1st grade players looks to have put them in the box seat at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Stockton 1 v Jesmond 0
    Good result for Stocko. Makes for an interesting second leg.
    Jeso's first loss coming at a bad time of the year.

Deserved in my opinion. Could have been more goals in the game if not for great goalkeeping from both teams. Jeso save at the death to keep it to 1-0 was outstanding and could well be very important.

WB won 4-0 and Cooks Hill got up by 1 think in the lower grades