Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Berbs View Post
    Newly appointed 3rd grade head coach Andrew "panda" Searles has banned the use of social media this year!

I'm sure more of our boys will show up to stir the pot once the season starts

We lost about 10 players from last year mostly from reserves and thirds. Picked up a handful of quality players and a few younger boys have stepped up into senior football as well. Our first grade squad is shaping up nicely but availability and injuries could be pretty key factors this year.

Couldn't pick 4 so went 5 in no real order after Cooks hill on top:

Cookers
    Warners Bay
    Bero
    Stocko
    Kotara
    And we all thought rolo wore the pants in that relationship

No one giving the new boys a chance? With promotion can come momentum for Terrace.
    Barnsley came last in ZPL but I actually watched 2 or 3 of their games and they were never completely dominated, they were very competitive on the park. I guess for both its a matter of players returning and/or improving!
    Interesting everyone has Cookers clearly on top, Kotaras FFA cup result surely puts them right up there.

Not much has changed at Kotara as far as players. A few gone and a few gained. Last weekend in the FFA cup showed an improvement on the park from last year. At 2-0 down against quality opposition we showed a lot of fight and heart. I think the top 5 or 6 will be pretty tight this year, really looking forward to watching it unfold.

Kotara
    Cookers
    Stockton
    Bero
    W'bay
    Jesmond
    Terrace
    Barnsley
    Charlestown
    N'bay

Not confident in my predictions at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Berbs View Post
    Newly appointed 3rd grade head coach Andrew "panda" Searles has banned the use of social media this year!
    Is this a player/coach role, or has he hung up the boots?

One prediction from me, and it is fairly conservative. I expect the Terrace to challenge for a finals spot. They have earned opportunity for promotion for a second straight year (didn't take it last year ???) and I expect them to be tough fixture for all.

Playing when needed so with him as coach that will be every week.

Terrace will be strong. Totally forgot they were even in our comp when I made predictions. Should be a pretty tight competition

I for one think people are overlooking Bero, they were never really outplayed last year, it's just that a bit of luck didnt go their way, they are a quality team all across the park and will be strong this year

Can Bero confirm that they top dressed the turf at Tarro Park? I drove past one day and looked like it had a bit of work done on it?
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I for one think people are overlooking Bero, they were never really outplayed last year, it's just that a bit of luck didnt go their way, they are a quality team all across the park and will be strong this year

Can Bero confirm that they top dressed the turf at Tarro Park? I drove past one day and looked like it had a bit of work done on it?
    Top 2 grounds turned in to 1 big ground, ripped the cricket pitch up that was in the middle and top dressed the whole ground. Go knows when it'll be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Top 2 grounds turned in to 1 big ground, ripped the cricket pitch up that was in the middle and top dressed the whole ground. Go knows when it'll be ready.
    Also new facilities isnt there?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Also new facilities isnt there?
    Don't think that's happening for a while.

Anyone looking for a kick for their 3rd grade tomorrow at 10.30am? We have a space opened up.

Anyone have one of those pop up portable goals that could be borrowed/hired by Stocko for Sunday?
    Cricket finishing tomorrow so no posts at this point and the supplier didn't get the second half of the pair here in time.
    Otherwise could be playing half court soccer at Corroba on Sunday

Harbour derby preview this weekend, Cooks Hill vs Stocko. Should be a good match up based on last year. Hopefully cricket doesn't decimate both squads too much

I hear Stockton have had some quality come into their team and should be one of the teams to beat this season!

Nelson Bay beat Mayfield ZPL last weekend 2-0. That's an interesting result.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    That is interesting as the bay weren't much chop in 1sts last year. Wonder if they are better or mayfield heaps worse

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    That is interesting as the bay weren't much chop in 1sts last year. Wonder if they are better or mayfield heaps worse
    I think Mayfield have lost players... A couple have gone to Dudley and i know of one that has gone to Stockton.
    In saying that, Nelson Bay are probably improved still and its a good start for them!

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    ZL3 you mean, wasn't the ZPL side of the unless they were borrowing the juniors kits and coaching staff.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    ZL3 you mean, wasn't the ZPL side of the unless they were borrowing the juniors kits and coaching staff.
    Turns a good result into a pretty questionable one pretty quickly haha

We (Stockton) played the ZL3 team on the weekend and won 9-0 firsts and 5-1 in res/3rds. Wasn't a very intense game that's for sure.

Looking forward to matching up against cooks hill this weekend. Probably 3-4 starting first graders missing but can see cooks hill being in the same boat.

Yeah it'll be the first hit out for quite a few of us. Probably missing 20 odd blokes across all 3 grades, bloody hard this time of year. 4 first graders short but looking forward to it. You blokes won't recognise the Ath Track...... Immaculate

Are there Any ZL1 clubs interested in trials this sunday against Merewether? We have a ground booked! Two grades with kickoff times 2pm and 4pm.

If interested please PM me.
    Cheers
    Ryan