Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    To be fair to Terrace res grade after round 7 we were sitting third but unfortunately as happens, it was around that time we started to rack up the injuries in firsts meaning res sent players up, we also lost a few res players to injury and from that point on we had a lot of guys playing both thirds and res due to the low numbers we had to start with. By the time we got players back it was well to late. I believe if we had a better run with injuries and such we would have finished a lot higher then we did. But we didn't and that's football I guess.
    Pretty much what happened at Stocko too and I'm sure other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I'd imagine if some Kotara players played to their ability in the appropriate grade they'd be a lot more successful in firsts and not so much in the lower grades. Rather then the reverse.
    Surely your not saying kotara have played players in lower grades at the expense of first grade?

Quote Originally Posted by KSSFC View Post
    Surely your not saying kotara have played players in lower grades at the expense of first grade?
    There was a suggestion that clubs with good depth should be promoted. Kotara was then brought up. Over the past years I've seen Kotara players spruiking how successful they have been in lower grades whilst missing finals in first grade for consecutive years. To then suggest that this would be a platform for promotion would in my opinion be unfortunate. Depth is not being successful in lower leagues whilst struggling in first grade. Depth is being successful across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    There was a suggestion that clubs with good depth should be promoted. Kotara was then brought up. Over the past years I've seen Kotara players spruiking how successful they have been in lower grades whilst missing finals in first grade for consecutive years. To then suggest that this would be a platform for promotion would in my opinion be unfortunate. Depth is not being successful in lower leagues whilst struggling in first grade. Depth is being successful across the board.
    I agree with you that promotion shouldn't be based on depth, should be based on first grade results, but coming 5th the last couple of years on goal difference or by a point or two is hardly struggling (although not a success either and we shouldn't be promoted of these results)
    Last edited by KSSFC; 23-09-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    I hear their form slipped when they lost their inspirational keeper to first grade. Is this correct?
    Haha I wish mate, going off results probably matches up to the time first's started dropping points lol!! Sure that was just coincidental tho!! Lol

Probably should check with the Cooks Hill players like Beaten Favourite to see if they are keen for the ZPL challenge or not. Looks like this forum two different views expressed by Cooks Hill committee members I'm guessing... The ZL1 team towelled up Swansea (ZPL) in all three grades in a trail in preseason and did over the Cooks Hill NEWFM guys in trials as well. So I'm thinking they would be competitive...

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    Cookers have no interest in ZPL. If you're good enough for ZPL at our club you should be paying newfm. Besides, 1st grade haven't made a GF or won a minor in ZL1 so it would be a cheap promotion

Merewether Advance S.F.C

Zone League Two

Club Coach - 2017 Season

We are seeking applications for the position of club coach in 2017. The club has a long and proud history since 1894 which we are eager to continue. After a number of consistent seasons we are seeking a coach to push the club on to the next level. The successful applicant will bring an emphasis on success on the park as well as share our enthusiasm for all aspects of the game. Coaching experience is desired though other experience in the game will be considered. Closing date for applications is 5.00pm on the 28th of October. If interested please email your application to merewetheradvance@hotmail.com or contact Greg on 0410 517 813.

Word on the ZPL thread is that kotara have been promoted?? Can anyone confirm??

Quote Originally Posted by Passtheballmate View Post
    Word on the ZPL thread is that kotara have been promoted?? Can anyone confirm??
    This is correct suburb down Jesmond kotara up
    Nelson bay down west lakes wallsend up etc

Quote Originally Posted by Donk View Post
    This is correct suburb down Jesmond kotara up
    Nelson bay down west lakes wallsend up etc
    Surprised for Kotara, Goodluck to them though. Wonder how Stockton feel about that, normally they are the ones that get promoted without winning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KSSFC View Post
    I agree with you that promotion shouldn't be based on depth, should be based on first grade results, but coming 5th the last couple of years on goal difference or by a point or two is hardly struggling (although not a success either and we shouldn't be promoted of these results)
    Interesting you say this. but apply.

Good luck.

I wonder what the difference between Kotara, Warnersbay and Cooks Hill was, that put them over the line.

Good luck to all for the season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Interesting you say this. but apply.

Good luck.

I wonder what the difference between Kotara, Warnersbay and Cooks Hill was, that put them over the line.

Good luck to all for the season ahead.
    Did they all apply?

Let's all just get down to what really matters...

League 1 gets to enjoy the best canteen of the entire Zone Leagues next year, so they are the real winners here.

If anyone thinks they can compete i'm all ears. Bring on your burgers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Let's all just get down to what really matters...

League 1 gets to enjoy the best canteen of the entire Zone Leagues next year, so they are the real winners here.

If anyone thinks they can compete i'm all ears. Bring on your burgers.
    Can't say I've had the pleasure of trying the food should I?

Can't say I've had the pleasure of trying the food should I?
    Everyone should, then provide your feedback, regardless of positive or negative

Did they all apply?
    A number of clubs did, those were names that were being thrown around, but I won't comment for other clubs on whether they did or not.

Just interested on what the criteria was that got them over the line.

Might find out in the ZL meeting tonight.

Probably the fact they've been in ZL1 longest & most consistent of the applicants, just as Suburb were when they went up.

Everyone should, then provide your feedback, regardless of positive or negative
    Well I'll have the chance next season I'll let you know

A number of clubs did, those were names that were being thrown around, but I won't comment for other clubs on whether they did or not.

Probably the fact they've been in ZL1 longest & most consistent of the applicants, just as Suburb were when they went up.
    I find it funny like pointed out before 2 of 3 of those clubs posted on here they wouldn't because it should be earned but then they apply.

It will be interesting to find out how they were picked

From ZL3-ZL1 1st and 2nd went up and last down. I feel the "Zone Football League Panel" decided that relegation would be forced and then the highest placed team to apply for promotion received it. If that was the case then I understand how this decision has been made. However if that was the case I don't understand why they asked all clubs for EOI when the clubs that came last had no chance in acceptance. The Email sent out said the 9 ZPL clubs were exempt from submitting a EOI it could have easy been adjusted to also add the 3 relegated clubs.

Knowing we had no chance of ZPL would have changed our approach on planning for next year instead of waiting to see.

There has been no transparency in the process and no criteria outlined, all that was asked was to answer 5 questions. We felt we answered all aspects of the EOI and put a good case for ZPL forward, unfortunately for us that's not to be. The process could have been done a lot better which is strange because I feel Newcastle Football is generally well ran.

It makes it interesting now moving into the future because a precedent has been set.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I find it funny like pointed out before 2 of 3 of those clubs posted on here they wouldn't because it should be earned but then they apply.

It will be interesting to find out how they were picked
    The selection criteria that was required to be addressed was;

1. Why your club should be considered,
    2. What plans does your club have for the future,
    3. Facilities upgrades,
    4. Squad roster strengths,
    5. Do you have a Junior development – connection / support of a Junior Club?

Id be interested to know which clubs actually applied.