Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Trial

Hey, I'm after a low All Age team to trial next weekend I have a ground but need a team. Anyone interested?
    Last edited by Shots; 27-03-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Can't believe the Valentine team who won Friday B grade didn't go up to A grade. They only lost 1 game all season. The Dudley team they beat in the Final went up instead...how does this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by frankiechav View Post
    Can't believe the Valentine team who won Friday B grade didn't go up to A grade. They only lost 1 game all season. The Dudley team they beat in the Final went up instead...how does this happen?
    Why is A grade only a 6 team comp again? Surely they should be shuffling teams up to make it an 8 team comp.

We dropped out to go to Saturday so the kids could all come watch their dads and take the piss out of us, but we still applied for A on the Saturday.

From last years A-Grade, Stockton (got smashed most games), Newcastle Suns (2nd last, last season I think) and Garden Suburb (3rd last season) have dropped out. Only one team came in to replace us all.

Suns have gone to B-Grade, probably fair.
    Stockton have gone to C-Grade, probably fair.
    Garden Suburb to Saturday A-Grade.

Just seems a bit crazy to only have a 6 team a-grade then go and create a new K Grade and a heap of divisions with a bye or 6 teams. Just shuffle everyone up to create 8 team comps.

For a team to win B-Grade then apply to stay there, you would hope ether have lost a heap of players and the new team is vastly different to last years.

I imagine though that teams apply to stay down to avoid playing teams like Westy, Charlestown, Norths and Swansea who play very good football. Over the last few seasons the trend was that teams came up from B-Grade, got belted and then went down again. I guess teams just don't want to go the season in a strong comp.
    Last edited by sammydog; 29-03-2016 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiechav View Post
    Obviously someone knows somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Why is A grade only a 6 team comp again? Surely they should be shuffling teams up to make it an 8 team comp.

We dropped out to go to Saturday so the kids could all come watch their dads and take the piss out of us, but we still applied for A on the Saturday.

From last years A-Grade, Stockton (got smashed most games), Newcastle Suns (2nd last, last season I think) and Garden Suburb (3rd last season) have dropped out. Only one team came in to replace us all.

Suns have gone to B-Grade, probably fair.
    Stockton have gone to C-Grade, probably fair.
    Garden Suburb to Saturday A-Grade.

For a team to win B-Grade then apply to stay there, you would hope ether have lost a heap of players and the new team is vastly different to last years.
    Valo have a shrewed manager who knows when the A's are to hard lol
    Last edited by hawk; 03-04-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Raymond terrace 3rds chasing a team to play a trail tomorrow night 31/3/16 at King park, kick off 6pm. Contact me on 0421646037
    Cheers Cal

Anyone know when the draws will be out. Apparently we have midweek games as only a 6 team comp.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Anyone know when the draws will be out. Apparently we have midweek games as only a 6 team comp.
    Most years they come out the week before the comp starts.

Do you blokes know anything about teams getting re-graded after the original grades have been released? Does it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Do you blokes know anything about teams getting re-graded after the original grades have been released? Does it happen?
    Very rare, there would need to be a good reason such as graded in a vastly different grade such as an A grade team being placed in K or even placed in the wrong comp (once saw an U15 side placed in the U17 comp). They won't do it because you asked for D and got placed in C or because you are in Belmont and all your teams are Hunter Valley Teams.

No chance being regraded.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    No chance being regraded.
    on the weekend a couple of mates were filling in for our clubs new o/35's team playing a trial against a team graded the same as them.

Anyway our club was short so had a couple of ring ins (I was under the assumption the opposition was informed). Anyway they won like 9 or 10 nil but the opposition bloke claimed he worked for the association and said he was going to regrade them (obviously to give his own team a better chance in the season).

Hilarious scenes but a few of them are now wondering if it will happen.

on the weekend a couple of mates were filling in for our clubs new o/35's team playing a trial against a team graded the same as them.

Anyway our club was short so had a couple of ring ins (I was under the assumption the opposition was informed). Anyway they won like 9 or 10 nil but the opposition bloke claimed he worked for the association and said he was going to regrade them (obviously to give his own team a better chance in the season).

Do you know who he was? There aren't that many people working for the three associations.

Nah, and maybe he was just being a blowhard.

Although our club officials seemed to know him when he was having a moan.

It will be interesting if they get regarded.

Without naming teams, which grade and fri night or sat?

They could regrade now as the draws aren't done. Realistically though, they would have to slot you into a six or seven team comp otherwise someone else has to be moved. I cant see it happening, and I cant see them slotting you into a six team comp and creating a bye.

Id say you are pretty safe in the current grade.

Personally though, I dont think teams/clubs should be able to request a grade. It should be based on previous seasons results unless there is a large turnover in players. I also think all comps should be 8 teams minimum (I prefer 10), none of this six team rubbish.

if they did it, they would set a precedence, which was our reasoning from the association behind not having one of our unfortunate junior teams regraded out of A grade. So if you do get regraded let us know because regrading based on a relaxed trial result as reasoning isn't how it's meant to work.

Yeah I'll find out. They are a new team going into Saturday 35's. The club already has 2 or 3 other teams in sat 35's so the new blokes got put in lowest spot as the teams already on the books knew their level.

The alternative was to have 2 teams from the same club in the same grade which opens up a whole other set of issues.

Yeah I'll find out. They are a new team going into Saturday 35's. The club already has 2 or 3 other teams in sat 35's so the new blokes got put in lowest spot as the teams already on the books knew their level.

The alternative was to have 2 teams from the same club in the same grade which opens up a whole other set of issues.
    There is only 4 divisions in Sat O35's (A and B are only 6 team comps) so they cant be too far off the money with the gradings.

Cant see any clubs with more than 2 teams in the sat comp though.

nothin wrong with that, done many times and comes with much animosity. Dodging a grade because of same teams is ridic

btw no regrades in feds. live it love it
    Last edited by hawk; 03-04-2016 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    nothin wrong with that, done many times and comes with much animosity. Dodging a grade because of same teams is ridic
    A long time ago (circa 2000-2005) we had two teams playing All Age A. Most heated games I have ever played in, didn't help you had siblings in each team, but they were nasty games.

Each time is was a blood fest as neither team back down from anything. Other teams must have loved having us the next week as there was often reds galore.

Good times really.

I guess it comes down to how well the teams know each other. In our case, we all knew each other really well and were operated by a year or two at school (a quiet a few years earlier). If they don't know each other that well, there isn't much of an issue.
    Last edited by sammydog; 03-04-2016 at 10:10 PM.