Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 3 thread

How come Argey didn't get a run? Was the team organised after the application date?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

We didn't get a run because our teams weren't sorted til after the cut off date. We didn't want to enter a side and then have to withdraw. Wish we did now but, have to wait til next year

So from all reports it sounds like Argy is the team to beat in ID3 this season? Have most of your players come from Argy All Age or have you brought a fair few in from else where? Great job by the way, sounds like it will be a good year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Haha don't know if we'll be the team to beat, we'll be happy if we're competitive in our first season. Looking at Azzurri on Saturday i think they'll be the team to beat, they looked pretty sharp. The majority of our first grade squad played A grade in all age last season. We used 4 new guys during our first trial.

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    So from all reports it sounds like Argy is the team to beat in ID3 this season? Have most of your players come from Argy All Age or have you brought a fair few in from else where? Great job by the way, sounds like it will be a good year.
    On what basis do you get that? Raaf, kahibah and dudley will all be up there depending on their recruitment. FFA Cup form can be a bit inconsistent as some players are unavailable due to cricket commitments.
    Also this isnt all age, you cant come off for a break every 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Giges View Post
    I hear RAAF will be moving their homes matches to Lakeside Sports Complex at Raymond Terrace for this season.
    For anyone who doesn't know the area this is next to where Raymond Terrace rugby league play near the Grahamstown Dam.
    The fields are mostly sand based so should be relatively good in terms of dealing with wet weather and have sheds, canteen facilities with an undercover awning.
    Should be much better than what I heard the facilities where like on base last year.
    They never played on base last year
    They played at Tomago
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    On what basis do you get that? Raaf, kahibah and dudley will all be up there depending on their recruitment. FFA Cup form can be a bit inconsistent as some players are unavailable due to cricket commitments.
    Also this isnt all age, you cant come off for a break every 10 minutes.
    I'm basing it on the whispers I'm hearing around town and the fact they pumped Barnsley 5-2. Even if Barnsley were under-strength that is still an impressive result! RAAF were diabolical in their FFA Cup match, at times it was even embarrassing. If that is RAAF's full strength team then I don't think they will make the semis. In regards to Kahibah, surely anyone half decent would play in their Prem League team (or whatever division theyre in). I'm not saying they're going to be rubbish, I just think Argy will be better. Dudley I don't know much about to be honest.
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I'm basing it on the whispers I'm hearing around town and the fact they pumped Barnsley 5-2. Even if Barnsley were under-strength that is still an impressive result! RAAF were diabolical in their FFA Cup match, at times it was even embarrassing. If that is RAAF's full strength team then I don't think they will make the semis. In regards to Kahibah, surely anyone half decent would play in their Prem League team (or whatever division theyre in). I'm not saying they're going to be rubbish, I just think Argy will be better. Dudley I don't know much about to be honest.
    I will stick up for RAAF a bit here. Raaf are influenced heavily by work commitments. They could have easily had a weakened team. They played simba, having played simba before I can say they could embarrass alot of zl3 teams.

Kahibah have a new fm team and by all reports a very good side. Apparently they beat suns quite comfortable on weekend. So its no shame to be considered not good enough for new fm squad. They will be strong in zl3.

Dont discount Edgeworth from being semi final contenders. As for dudley, we are looking to again be up towards the top end of the ladder.

RAAF still have a heap of guys away on deployment at present, not returning unitl just before season start so wouldnt be writing them off.
    Simba arent far off promtion this year in league 2 if they can keep it together for 90 minutes each game will be tough to beat, some good talent in their squad.

One thing for sure it is going to be a tough and ultra competitive year. Early signs from the Newbies - Argie, Azzuri & Bolwarra are very positive. Argie A grade AA won the comp and their C grade was up there as well, they will adapt to ZL just fine. Azzuri are having some good results early, think they beat MBK 3-2. Bolwarra lost 1-4 vs Mayfield which is a top result.
    From last year Edgie and Kahibah will be the big improvers, they hit their straps in the 2nd half of the season and are young teams adapting to ZL nicely.
    Dudley lost the FFA cup by 16 last year and lead the comp in ZL for much of the year. I would not read too much into FFA cup form.

RAAF definitely looked a different side in the FFA Cup. Recognized maybe 2-3 players from last years 1st grade side. If they have the same players they did last year they will definitely be in the mix with the other strong teams in ZL3.

Quote Originally Posted by WFC_ZL View Post
    RAAF definitely looked a different side in the FFA Cup. Recognized maybe 2-3 players from last years 1st grade side. If they have the same players they did last year they will definitely be in the mix with the other strong teams in ZL3.
    In that case, apologies to the RAAF blokes. There were some pretty comical passages of play on Saturday so I dare so most of their first graders must have been out saving the country.

Sounds like it is going to be a quality comp. Last time I played in it the standard was terrible and we absolutely destroyed the league, there was only a couple of competitive teams in it. One week we scored 30 goals in 3 games (we played weds, sat and sun), it was a bit silly.

i assume most teams from our comp were playing a under strengh team in ffa cup from what im reading

How are teams looking during pre-season so far?

Barnsley Snr are looking for a team All Age or lower Zone league team for our 3rd grade to play a trial against this Sunday morning 10.30 at Taylor Park

If you are interested call or sms Mick on 0428 193 617.

Are there Any ZL3 clubs interested in trials this sunday against Merewether? We have a ground booked! Two grades with kickoff times 2pm and 4pm.

If interested please PM me.
    Cheers
    Ryan

Good luck to Argenton. Hopefully not the farce like the previous attempt. Sending out your best 11 in reserve grade and getting smashed 9/10 nil whatever week in week out in first grade.Good location and position to be in. Turn it on.
    Last edited by front2; 18-03-2016 at 10:01 PM. Reason: .

Comp starts this week, keen as mustard to get going. Good luck to all for the season. It looks to be a pretty even comp from what I gather. Strong new teams added and existing teams improved. Bring it on baby!

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    The home of football, Smith Park, is looking a treat before the first match. Azzurri keen as to get started despite a thousand injuries in the preseason

Mayfield v Dudley
    Res 0-6
    1st 2-1.