Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 3 thread

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    [QUOTE=hawk;150219]
    Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post

Azzurri TV said Lakeside, on the money
    Azzurri TV on the ball as per usual

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    On what basis do you get that? Raaf, kahibah and dudley will all be up there depending on their recruitment. FFA Cup form can be a bit inconsistent as some players are unavailable due to cricket commitments.
    Also this isnt all age, you cant come off for a break every 10 minutes.
    This thread is pretty boring so time to spice it up a bit!

So far I would have to say my predictions arent too far from the mark. Argy definitely the team to beat & RAAF were very ordinary. Bolwarra are a handy team so will expect them to be up there come semis.

My prediction for top 4:
    1. Argy
    2. Azzurri
    3. Kahibah
    4. bolwarra

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Having only played Argy and Mayfield, I'll say Argy will make top 4 but are beatable. And Mayfield will be in the bottom 3. Abermain to be mid table, hopefully pushing for the top 4

Can't speak for their 1st Grade squad, but RAAF's Reserves were very ordinary when we (All Age) played them in a trial. Would be surprised if there was a marked difference between that and 1st Grade, but you guys would know better than I

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    This thread is pretty boring so time to spice it up a bit!

So far I would have to say my predictions arent too far from the mark. Argy definitely the team to beat & RAAF were very ordinary. Bolwarra are a handy team so will expect them to be up there come semis.

My prediction for top 4:
    1. Argy
    2. Azzurri
    3. Kahibah
    4. bolwarra

Thoughts?
    Having been in zl3 for 3 years I can safely say predictions for this grade can be extreamlly difficult to make.

For starters there are 3 new teams. Its pretty hard to stack their form against any zone league form as there is none. I will say all 3 look likely to be very competitive. I think Bolwarra might be the smokies.

As for last year Dudley, Raaf and Kahibah were strong. Pretty foolish to right any of them off after 1-2 games.

The other 3 in mayfield, abermain and Edgeworth have improved.

In past years there has always been a club or 2 that thinks they have been too good for the grade. But its a long competition, titles arnt won in april. I wouldnt be suprised to see any of the 9 clubs finish first or last. Teams will only improve and injuries and suspensions will affect everyone in some way.

Always a bit of talk about raaf, its hard to judge them as depending on postings, their teams can change week to week.

And for the record, big difference between first and reserve grade.

Bring on week 3

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Having been in zl3 for 3 years I can safely say predictions for this grade can be extreamlly difficult to make.

For starters there are 3 new teams. Its pretty hard to stack their form against any zone league form as there is none. I will say all 3 look likely to be very competitive. I think Bolwarra might be the smokies.

As for last year Dudley, Raaf and Kahibah were strong. Pretty foolish to right any of them off after 1-2 games.

The other 3 in mayfield, abermain and Edgeworth have improved.

In past years there has always been a club or 2 that thinks they have been too good for the grade. But its a long competition, titles arnt won in april. I wouldnt be suprised to see any of the 9 clubs finish first or last. Teams will only improve and injuries and suspensions will affect everyone in some way.

Always a bit of talk about raaf, its hard to judge them as depending on postings, their teams can change week to week.

And for the record, big difference between first and reserve grade.

Bring on week 3
    Exactly, almost impossible to make predictions this early on but at least it keeps this thread alive

Which club do you think thinks they are too good for the grade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Exactly, almost impossible to make predictions this early on but at least it keeps this thread alive

Which club do you think thinks they are too good for the grade?
    There is always one, this year will be no different. No club in my thinking yet.

Mayfield surely think they're too good for ZL2. How many years straight without finals or promotion? Jeez..

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Mayfield surely think they're too good for ZL2. How many years straight without finals or promotion? Jeez..
    GOOD CALL! But at least they are still around. Kurri? Tenambit? hello........

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    GOOD CALL! But at least they are still around. Kurri? Tenambit? hello........
    It's great they are still in it, sounds like they have a committee and the playing group who are invested in trying to make sure the juniors have something other then all age to look forward to.
    I can't speak for Kurri but I can for tenambit. A long time ago they had both then it was just the players but the players can only do so much without a committee behind them and eventually Tenambit folding was Inevitable.

It's great to see new clubs come in as its only going to improve the comps. And as for teams like mayfield I'd rather see them battle it out inZl3 and have a crack then go play all age.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    It's great they are still in it, sounds like they have a committee and the playing group who are invested in trying to make sure the juniors have something other then all age to look forward to.
    I can't speak for Kurri but I can for tenambit. A long time ago they had both then it was just the players but the players can only do so much without a committee behind them and eventually Tenambit folding was Inevitable.

It's great to see new clubs come in as its only going to improve the comps. And as for teams like mayfield I'd rather see them battle it out inZl3 and have a crack then go play all age.
    Plus everyone needs an easy 3 points here and there..

. Argy definitely the team to beat & RAAF were very ordinary
    Nice test for the bushrangers this weekend Argy v Bolwarra. Kahibah to beat RAAF, Abermain to beat duderz and Edgy v Mayf draw.

Azzurri to get a pointless draw vs the Bye is tip of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Azzurri to get a pointless draw vs the Bye is tip of the week.
    Exquisite banter.

well what a arvo for football it was good to see a fair ressies game between mayfield and edgeworth with edgy getting up 4 nil in windy conditions. Then 1sts come out started of fast passed with mayfield requlary putting late shots on edgys defence and keeper which is all part of the game. There was a average taclke from one edgy player late in the game which resulted in the mayfield player being injured hope its nothing to serious which no card was handed out just free kick but in the aftermath of said tackle there was atrocious behavior and foul language from mayfield coach and players on the bench with on player throwing a object towards edgy bench this behavior is totally unnecessary as there where family and children all along the side line end result was edgy 3-2 i belive this one incident has left a foul taste in spectators mouths on what was a good game

Dudley v abermmain
    Res 3-2
    1st 4-2
    Abermain guys off the pitch are decent lads, on the pitch no comment. We have to play up there rd 2.
    Will say refs were f---ing appaling both ways. No control on the game, res maybe just ok, 1st diabolical!!!! Give it away if you cannot see or move!

Results from Bolwarra vs Argy

RES
    Bolwarra 1-3 Argy

1STS
    Bolwarra 0-2 Argy

Argy are extremely hard team to beat. They'll definitely be up there towards end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Dudley v abermmain

Abermain guys off the pitch are decent lads, on the pitch no comment.

In what way out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    There was a average taclke from one edgy player late in the game which resulted in the mayfield player being injured hope its nothing to serious which no card was handed out just free kick
    When you say average, how bad was it? Worthy of a yellow/red?

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    well what a arvo for football it was good to see a fair ressies game between mayfield and edgeworth with edgy getting up 4 nil in windy conditions. Then 1sts come out started of fast passed with mayfield requlary putting late shots on edgys defence and keeper which is all part of the game. There was a average taclke from one edgy player late in the game which resulted in the mayfield player being injured hope its nothing to serious which no card was handed out just free kick but in the aftermath of said tackle there was atrocious behavior and foul language from mayfield coach and players on the bench with on player throwing a object towards edgy bench this behavior is totally unnecessary as there where family and children all along the side line end result was edgy 3-2 i belive this one incident has left a foul taste in spectators mouths on what was a good game
    In general, The referees are there to control the game. That includes the bench. Most will agree that over the years referees havnt done enough in controlling benches and people appear to say and do what they want without punishment.

Association has pushed Duty officers more onto clubs each year. They are there to control the Hero's in the crowd. The guys that often say the coments when surrounded by 10 or so others. Most duty officers only are a token thing, you dont often see much from them controlling the behaviour of their own supporters.

Surely, Overall clubs and players need to work with the referees. No referees mean no game. I dont think anyone will have a problem if referees took more action on bad disent, offensive language and dangerous play as long as their consistent.

Players would much rather that then the petty cards given out for not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    When you say average, how bad was it? Worthy of a yellow/red?
    It was worth a card, it was a poor challenge. I hope the Mayfield player is ok and back at it next week. The Refereeing was poor and let alot go which leads to players getting frustrated. We had a goal disallowed for offside by the Referee who over ruled the linesman and was 25m behind the play. I thought we should of had a Pen in the 1st half, a player was knocked over from solid contact in the back. Anywhere else on the field it would of been a free kick. Mayfields 1st goal came from a offside free kick deep in there half where it was taken 10m's from where it should of been taken while the ball was still rolling. The Mayfield coach said to our bench your right it was still rolling, they went straight down the other end and scored. The coach then apologized to our bench for it. But that's football I guess, I'm sure Mayfield have there grievance's about the game as well.