Page 52 of 127 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Why has it taken NNSW so, so many years to finally say Cahill is unfit for football? It's been that bad since they first moved there. After rain, that cricket pitch part is like an ice-skating rink and I'm amazed people aren't seriously injured there on a weekly basis.

If Promotion/Relegation in NPL is decided on venues and stuff again like it was back in 08, I'll be hugely surprised if Valentine aren't the first to get knocked out.
    OK

IMO promotion and relegation should only be decided on the pitch via results, not infrastructure. Otherwise you simply maintain a status quo for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    IMO promotion and relegation should only be decided on the pitch via results, not infrastructure. Otherwise you simply maintain a status quo for the most part.
    I agree wholeheartedly.

I also genuinely believe that clubs should have a minimum requirement for standard of pitch in the NPL, which IMO Cahill has never met during Valentine's time there in the last 8 years.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Why has it taken NNSW so, so many years to finally say Cahill is unfit for football? It's been that bad since they first moved there. After rain, that cricket pitch part is like an ice-skating rink and I'm amazed people aren't seriously injured there on a weekly basis.
    The criteria was supposed to prevent stuff like this. nnsw dropped the ball on that. spose at least they read the foz and did something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    The criteria was supposed to prevent stuff like this. nnsw dropped the ball on that. spose at least they read the foz and did something about it.
    Heard that Edgeworth and Hamilton both put in complaints about the pitch being dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    There should be basic things like a good quality pitch that is not dangerous to players at the very least. But i agree results should be the most important thing. Worth thinking about the overall reasoning of the changes, to lift the overall standard of our facilities and enable a better game to be played. This is about aiming higher. Teams that don't meet the criteria that win promotion should be able to submit a plan that they will implement to meet the requirements.

I can't for the life of me understand how it's taken the fed so long to act on this with Valo?
    It's good to see they finally realized they have a duty of care to all the players.
    Maybe the shit stir I was having on here a few years back about a Belswans and Valo Merger could be on the cards? Haven't heard anything but just putting it out there as Valo don't give a shit who they go to bed with or take over. Could the Gypsy's of local football have yet another name? Belphoenix? Valentine Swans? Sanchothephoenix doesn't have a good ring to it though

Northern have dropped the ball here, one specific part of the NPL criteria is to have your own ground and not shared during football months, it's obvious Cahill oval didn't meet that criteria so why did northern allow them entry whilst having venue as a home ground ?

only ground that would be suitable and not in use would be the football super centre . hate to pay the hire fees for that . nnsw may do it for free . pffft silly me

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I can't for the life of me understand how it's taken the fed so long to act on this with Valo?
    It's good to see they finally realized they have a duty of care to all the players.
    Maybe the shit stir I was having on here a few years back about a Belswans and Valo Merger could be on the cards? Haven't heard anything but just putting it out there as Valo don't give a shit who they go to bed with or take over. Could the Gypsy's of local football have yet another name? Belphoenix? Valentine Swans? Sanchothephoenix doesn't have a good ring to it though
    Here we go again....... I might just go outside on Sunday and drown!!!

Actually don't think bel swans would be at all keen for any merger with valentine. They can probably fight for promotion on their own and build a NPL case.

Blacksmiths is a good facility, no doubting that, just add in a grandstand along the western side to provide some protection from the sun, and I wouldn't be against them being NPL worthy, they're proving it on the field this year they're close.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Blacksmiths is a good facility, no doubting that, just add in a grandstand along the western side to provide some protection from the sun, and I wouldn't be against them being NPL worthy, they're proving it on the field this year they're close.
    Sorry but I disagree, they lack warm up areas, the pitch is always dry but very rarely decent and the away shed is so small you can't swing a cat.
    Yeah they have had good to average results in the past few seasons but nothing to prove they are fair dinkum about being promoted and in all honesty, that to me puts them in the same class as Cessnock and Thornton who are a great club for socializing but not a serious club who are looking at being a force in what may well be a semi professional league in the near future.

Weston have announced 3 new signings. Rurik Pereira, Jayden Nakhoul and Michael Ledwidge. I hòpe they're a major improvement on some of the guys running around for them so far this season

Well at least one of them knows where the back of the net is.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MQBAOiUECCY

Quote Originally Posted by Goweston View Post
    Well at least one of them knows where the back of the net is.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MQBAOiUECCY
    Nice bicycle kick albeit in a school boys competition, I'm afraid it's all a little to late to save his season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    Sorry but I disagree, they lack warm up areas, the pitch is always dry but very rarely decent and the away shed is so small you can't swing a cat.
    Yeah they have had good to average results in the past few seasons but nothing to prove they are fair dinkum about being promoted and in all honesty, that to me puts them in the same class as Cessnock and Thornton who are a great club for socializing but not a serious club who are looking at being a force in what may well be a semi professional league in the near future.
    Let's not forget the complete lack of juniors at the club.

As for Valo.

It is high time they got off their arse and got their own field up to scratch.

They have a large junior base.

Get themselves their own ground and get up to standard.
    They have had enough time.

If they can't be arsed doing it.

Promote Southy Wallsend Westy Lakes etc

Someone who can fulfill the ****ing basics

Hamilton v Azzuri catch up

U19 and U22 14-06-16
    First Grade 29-06-16

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Hamilton v Azzuri catch up

U19 and U22 14-06-16
    First Grade 29-06-16
    Apparently Olympic wanted the game played on Wednesday night.
    Azzurri didn't want anything to do with it. Heard the main reason was the azzuri keeper has a sore back, picking the ball out the back of the net the last 2 weeks. He needs a rest apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Apparently Olympic wanted the game played on Wednesday night.
    Azzurri didn't want anything to do with it. Heard the main reason was the azzuri keeper has a sore back, picking the ball out the back of the net the last 2 weeks. He needs a rest apparently
    Different keeper both weeks, but so I don't wreck a good story, carry on Carl Barron