Page 84 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    The main reason this won't happen is the baby jets. What comp do they then play in ? Are northern really going to let 15-16 year old "elite " kids run around against reserve grade players. Wake up and smell the roses, the npl is structured purely to aid the A league clubs. Northern or ffa don't give two xxxxs about any of the local clubs or volunteers running these clubs
    Have to disagree with this, nnswf fought hard to have the local NPL set up to suit Newcastle in its initial years, if FFA had their way it would have been 18, 20 and firsts from the start, your comments that nnswf football don't care about clubs is ludicrous and wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Have to disagree with this, nnswf fought hard to have the local NPL set up to suit Newcastle in its initial years, if FFA had their way it would have been 18, 20 and firsts from the start, your comments that nnswf football don't care about clubs is ludicrous and wrong
    Wasn't aware of this from 3 years ago Forever. But if it's a massive FFA push then why have SA football listened to their member clubs and stuck with reserve . You were there with Southy 3 years for the original npl licence. Did clubs not want reserve grade or were they happy to keep 22s ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker's daughter View Post
    How is it FFA mandated across the country when it even says in the article that the South Australian NPL still has reserve grade. Clubs were told 3 years ago at the commencement of the npl by Eland and Co that the nnsw competition had to go to 1st 20s and 18s or we couldn't compete in the npl. Yet here we are , 3 years down the track and South Australia are still playing with a reserve grade comp and guess what ? They are still in the NPL. Reserve grade would be great to be back in the competition as the gulf between 1st grade and under 20s will be massive. Not every player has to be playing 1st grade by the time they are 18 and not every player is past their use by date at the age of 20 or 22 or 25. This shit about move aside and give a young kid a go cracks me up. If the young kid is good enough he should earn the spot or take it off a reserve grader. Not be entitled to it because he is only 18 years old. **** me
    So if the clubs were told 3 years ago it would be 20s and 18s what the **** is the problem with Northern actually now trying to implement it??

3 Years is ample ****ing warning don't you think??

As for SA. Who gives a **** if they are being obstinate and diiiicult. Doesn't mean that NNSW has to follow suit. Other Feds have fallen into line with the 20s and 18s after resistance and moved on . Why shouldn't we do same same??

As for your remarks that the gulf between 20s and first will be massive. So what?? It will then be up to the clubs to improve their Yoof development to bridge the gap

The exact thing the NPL structure is trying to deliver.

No one has said a kid should be entitled to a spot based on age being young. If they are not good enough the clubs will fill the void with senior players from outside the NPL
    As for entitlement you are also claiming a 20 years plus player not good enough for first grade in NPL is entitled to stay part of the NPL elite competition and shouldn't have to go back to Zone or NewFM despite not being elite player??
    How contradictory is that.

It is an elite competition after all and you wish to have a level which isn't elite as a component of it

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So if the clubs were told 3 years ago it would be 20s and 18s what the **** is the problem with Northern actually now trying to implement it??

3 Years is ample ****ing warning don't you think??

As for SA. Who gives a **** if they are being obstinate and diiiicult. Doesn't mean that NNSW has to follow suit. Other Feds have fallen into line with the 20s and 18s after resistance and moved on . Why shouldn't we do same same??

As for your remarks that the gulf between 20s and first will be massive. So what?? It will then be up to the clubs to improve their Yoof development to bridge the gap

The exact thing the NPL structure is trying to deliver.

No one has said a kid should be entitled to a spot based on age being young. If they are not good enough the clubs will fill the void with senior players from outside the NPL
    As for entitlement you are also claiming a 20 years plus player not good enough for first grade in NPL is entitled to stay part of the NPL elite competition and shouldn't have to go back to Zone or NewFM despite not being elite player??
    How contradictory is that.

It is an elite competition after all and you wish to have a level which isn't elite as a component of it
    We should do what is best for our region and the player talent we have (or don't have). These types of implementations take decades to improve on not 2-3 years.

You will be the first one with the keyboard lit up when the standard of the so called 'Elite' competition is suffering due to the lack of quality depth in our league. A compromise needs to be made to make sure that we balance development with quality football that we all so desperately want to see every week.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    We should do what is best for our region and the player talent we have (or don't have). These types of implementations take decades to improve on not 2-3 years.

You will be the first one with the keyboard lit up when the standard of the so called 'Elite' competition is suffering due to the lack of quality depth in our league. A compromise needs to be made to make sure that we balance development with quality football that we all so desperately want to see every week.
    If it is going take decades to see improvement as you put it then no time like the present to start the change

Why put it off any longer with some band aid solutions for the short term instead of fixing the problem now??

I will disagree that it will take decades to see the change.

The change will arrive as soon as clubs see that strong yoof development on their part needs to be undertaken

If it is going take decades to see improvement as you put it then no time like the present to start the change

Why put it off any longer with some band aid solutions for the short term instead of fixing the problem now??

I will disagree that it will take decades to see the change.

The change will arrive as soon as clubs see that strong yoof development on their part needs to be undertaken
    Reserve grade has already been gone for a decade and where has all of this so called yoof development gotten us . The competition has gone backwards in standard since the inception of under 22s /23s . It hasn't improved at all. Everyone has opinions and imo the standard has dropped due to too many youth players being pushed into first grade football too early and too many good players having to be moved on from clubs due to age restrictions. Like tucker's said , a player doesn't become obsolete or useless because they turn 30, but you want them to xxxxs off to newfm or Zone league to give little 10 year old timmy an opportunity in 1st grade. Like I said, everyone has opinions , but please , show me evidence where the standard is improving because we have 20s or 22s instead of reserve grade

If we take the last 4-5 years as an example of what happens when you cut down the age limits for teams, with 4-5 years being enough time for players to go through the entire youth structure from U/15s up through into U22s, do we think that these generations of players have come out the back end of it as better players?? Compare this to players who came up through the prior structure up into reserve grade, which 'generation' produced better players?
    Personally I believe the reserve competitions were stronger than the current u22, however i cannot comment on the younger grades. In my eyes the quality of players has more to do with coaching than it does the competition structure. Coaching accreditation needs to have easier access & obviously be financially viable. I'm also quite worried by the quality of these coaching courses, it's important that we get all coaching staff across Australia on the same board for what's important for players to learn & how to implement sessions etc but I get worried by the 'our way or the highway' style of 'brainwashing' I've been seeing as a product of these courses. Blokes like Van Egmond are the textbook example of the style of coaches the current licences breeds & we've all seen the effects on the jets and the jets youth the single minded philosophy of play has had.
    Personally, I would rather see either we go back to previous structures or stay with the current. The idea of moving to u20s etc is a sound concept but in my mind Newcastle is not ready for it. We need to focus on improving coaching along with increasing extra-curricula training/development for both players & coaches in the off season. These are the fundamentals that will see quality of players improve.

All clubs were aware that this day would come, the initial player points system was brilliant for a level playing field in both quality and evenness, however, a bright sparke from FFA decided to change it, we didn't hear the big clubs complaining then, no, because it suited them, we hear them complaining now, yes, because it doesn't suit them, both parties, nnswf and NPL clubs are at fault in my opinion, the need for change is never pleasant nor does it make every one happy, but it will make our NPL more even if the original points system is returned, for clubs to submit a letter of grievance so late in the piece tells me they have not prepared their 3 year strategic business plan well which would have been governed by nnswf, in my opinion the NPL needs to revert to an 8 team Comp with a strict player points system which requires clubs to develope players, then, and only then can we see the quality and evenness appear, after 3 years we may look at expansion, nnswf have had 3 years to put a structure in place for the future but 2 weeks out from the final year we having nothing, I'm glad they don't run my buisness

I find myself agreeing with FR (again!).

Another interesting point is that 8 clubs have signed this letter to NNSWF.
    Now I was of the understanding that we have 12 currently licenced NPL clubs (including the EJs) - so why didn't the other four sign the letter?

FT: Jaffas 0-3 Jets Youth.

Banned
    All clubs were aware that this day would come, the initial player points system was brilliant for a level playing field in both quality and evenness, however, a bright sparke from FFA decided to change it, we didn't hear the big clubs complaining then, no, because it suited them, we hear them complaining now, yes, because it doesn't suit them, both parties, nnswf and NPL clubs are at fault in my opinion, the need for change is never pleasant nor does it make every one happy, but it will make our NPL more even if the original points system is returned, for clubs to submit a letter of grievance so late in the piece tells me they have not prepared their 3 year strategic business plan well which would have been governed by nnswf, in my opinion the NPL needs to revert to an 8 team Comp with a strict player points system which requires clubs to develope players, then, and only then can we see the quality and evenness appear, after 3 years we may look at expansion, nnswf have had 3 years to put a structure in place for the future but 2 weeks out from the final year we having nothing, I'm glad they don't run my buisness

FR a belter of a post. I don't know if we need to go to a 8 team comp but you are bang on with the rest of it.

Quality post again champion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    If we take the last 4-5 years as an example of what happens when you cut down the age limits for teams, with 4-5 years being enough time for players to go through the entire youth structure from U/15s up through into U22s, do we think that these generations of players have come out the back end of it as better players?? Compare this to players who came up through the prior structure up into reserve grade, which 'generation' produced better players?
    Personally I believe the reserve competitions were stronger than the current u22, however i cannot comment on the younger grades. In my eyes the quality of players has more to do with coaching than it does the competition structure. Coaching accreditation needs to have easier access & obviously be financially viable. I'm also quite worried by the quality of these coaching courses, it's important that we get all coaching staff across Australia on the same board for what's important for players to learn & how to implement sessions etc but I get worried by the 'our way or the highway' style of 'brainwashing' I've been seeing as a product of these courses. Blokes like Van Egmond are the textbook example of the style of coaches the current licences breeds & we've all seen the effects on the jets and the jets youth the single minded philosophy of play has had.
    Personally, I would rather see either we go back to previous structures or stay with the current. The idea of moving to u20s etc is a sound concept but in my mind Newcastle is not ready for it. We need to focus on improving coaching along with increasing extra-curricula training/development for both players & coaches in the off season. These are the fundamentals that will see quality of players improve.
    Your precisely right about the coaching.

Watching the Jets the other night it is almost like Miller is trying to continue the GvE philosophy.

For a bloke brought up on English football i find it bizarre that he is embracing this Dutch Mango sucking crap and turning into a clone of it.

Problem with this 4-3-3 shit is that it isn't the problem. It is the halfwits trying to coach it that fail a few of the key fundamentals with it.

You look at GVE Millertime ad the way they do it

A lack of forward runs past the last man,
    Fear of through balls
    Fear of dribbling
    A Lack of movement off the ball
    Fear of playing the ball into tight areas
    Fear of playing the ball forward at speed
    Fear of playing the ball forward into advanced areas

All keys things that successful 4-3-3 sides do

Yet here it is all about passing it side to side and side to side until they either find a hole or cough up the ball.

Any one who can get a side to do something beyond the GvE style of 4-3-3 like Ange Gombau etc is deemed a ****ing coaching genius

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    do we think that these generations of players have come out the back end of it as better players?? Compare this to players who came up through the prior structure up into reserve grade, which 'generation' produced better players?
    Personally I believe the reserve competitions were stronger than the current u22
    This x 1000. "Adult junior" comps are a farce for mine. They dont make a better player. Theres plenty of room for development from 13's till 18's
    Last edited by hawk; 06-08-2016 at 11:44 PM.

Your precisely right about the coaching.

Watching the Jets the other night it is almost like Miller is trying to continue the GvE philosophy.

For a bloke brought up on English football i find it bizarre that he is embracing this Dutch Mango sucking crap and turning into a clone of it.

Problem with this 4-3-3 shit is that it isn't the problem. It is the halfwits trying to coach it that fail a few of the key fundamentals with it.

You look at GVE Millertime ad the way they do it

A lack of forward runs past the last man,
    Fear of through balls
    Fear of dribbling
    A Lack of movement off the ball
    Fear of playing the ball into tight areas
    Fear of playing the ball forward at speed
    Fear of playing the ball forward into advanced areas

All keys things that successful 4-3-3 sides do

Yet here it is all about passing it side to side and side to side until they either find a hole or cough up the ball.

Any one who can get a side to do something beyond the GvE style of 4-3-3 like Ange Gombau etc is deemed a ****ing coaching genius
    You have an opinion for just about everything. Maybe do something about it then whinge on a forum

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    You have an opinion for just about everything. Maybe do something about it then whinge on a forum
    Much easier to do it from an ivory tower than on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    wake up. Opinions are ok.

Speaking of Ivory Towers, you just go back to taking every junior in the region with any talent. Wish the old system of playing we you live existed
    Last edited by hawk; 07-08-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Any news of games on or off today

Any news of games on or off today
    Olympic and Edgeworth both on but both only playing 1st grade

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker's daughter View Post
    Olympic and Edgeworth both on but both only playing 1st grade
    Magic playing 22s and Firsts Only

Banned
    Magic won 22s 2-0 V Azurri

Currently 1-0 in First Grade
    Michael Kantarovski with a goal in the first minute.

No Kale today
    No party

Haynes is on the bench

Magic with a weakened side with a lot of squaddies getting a run