Page 88 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

FT: Valentine 0-2 Jets Youth. An early goal in each half. Very comfortable win, controlled the game almost from start to finish. Valo had a few chances themselves, but they were largely chasing shadows and lucky they weren't hit for 8 or 9 today. The Jets' frontline, especially the last 30 minutes displayed absolutely abysmal finishing. Butchered multiple 1 on 1's, even butchered a 3 on 1. I've seen a lot of NPL and that was the worst finishing I've ever seen in this comp. Law of averages meant they'd eventually score a couple to win it. Shoutout to both keepers, made some really good saves.

Banned
    Couple of questions for you

Did Bymora play??

If not who was up front missing all these chances for Jets Yoof

In your opinion Jets Yoof have fielded a pretty inexperienced line up this season. Nearly all will be back next season in the NPL
    Given another 8 months maturity development etc Do you think that they will be bridging the gap to the Top 4 next season.

This year from what I have seen they are not that far away from beating the better teams but not quite there yet. But on the other hand are not having the greatest trouble with the bottom teams. They did though start off slowly but the second half of the season has been much better bar the Magic hiding they coppec

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Apparently the new Adamstown coach is smarter then the average bear
    Kiss and tell forever

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Couple of questions for you

Did Bymora play??

If not who was up front missing all these chances for Jets Yoof

In your opinion Jets Yoof have fielded a pretty inexperienced line up this season. Nearly all will be back next season in the NPL
    Given another 8 months maturity development etc Do you think that they will be bridging the gap to the Top 4 next season.

This year from what I have seen they are not that far away from beating the better teams but not quite there yet. But on the other hand are not having the greatest trouble with the bottom teams. They did though start off slowly but the second half of the season has been much better bar the Magic hiding they coppec

He did play and for someone close to the top of the goalscoring chart this year should have easily bagged at least 2 or 3 today. He wasn't alone though. Off day for the frontline I guess...

Youngest side ever they've put out in the NPL, and if Charlestown lose tomorrow, Jets Youth will finish 5th which will be a fantastic achievement especially after having just 1 point from the first 5 games and around 20 goals conceded or something like that, which included some heavy defeats. Last 2/3 of the season have been really good for them (aside from the pasting Magic gave them when they were missing 4-5 starters).

I'd say almost all of them will be back next year. Pawiak is ineligible to go around again next winter and there may be another 1 or 2 who will follow through the exit door. They will definitely push for top 4 in 2017. I hope they'll be allowed to play in the finals next year should they qualify, knockout football which can go the distance is another learning experience altogether which they'll need. They aren't far away at all, pushed Edgy right to the end twice as well as Olympic and Maitland once, where perhaps inexperience caused those games to slip through their fingers.

💤💤💤

Quote Originally Posted by Jonty View Post
    He did play and for someone close to the top of the goalscoring chart this year should have easily bagged at least 2 or 3 today. He wasn't alone though. Off day for the frontline I guess...

Youngest side ever they've put out in the NPL, and if Charlestown lose tomorrow, Jets Youth will finish 5th which will be a fantastic achievement especially after having just 1 point from the first 5 games and around 20 goals conceded or something like that, which included some heavy defeats. Last 2/3 of the season have been really good for them (aside from the pasting Magic gave them when they were missing 4-5 starters).

I'd say almost all of them will be back next year. Pawiak is ineligible to go around again next winter and there may be another 1 or 2 who will follow through the exit door. They will definitely push for top 4 in 2017. I hope they'll be allowed to play in the finals next year should they qualify, knockout football which can go the distance is another learning experience altogether which they'll need. They aren't far away at all, pushed Edgy right to the end twice as well as Olympic and Maitland once, where perhaps inexperience caused those games to slip through their fingers.
    Takes me back to 1974 and Supertramp...............,

Looks like my mail is wrong about the buds coaching job, with 5 quality applicants the job has been offered to the one but his taking his time accepting it, stay tuned

Banned
    Magic V Maitland

19s 2-0
    22s 4-0

Magic win both

First grade about to start soon

Peter McGuiness to Rosebuds.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Apparently his been offered the job but yet to accept

Banned
    Magic up 1-0

Scott Petit with the finish after Kale had a shot parried back into the goal mouth

Banned
    THE 1-0 Magic

Good solid game. Bit of a good battle going on out there
    Maitland probably shading the general play

Magic doing a bit more in the box

Magic hit the bar from Kale with a overhead volley that would have seen the fap fest meter off the charts if it hadn't of smashed into the bar

Magic also hit the post through Kale with a low driving shot

They even may have hit the bar from a cross free kick but some prick walked in front of me midflight and I missed seeing exactly what happened

Maitland though giving plenty but just missing a bit of penetration in the box to go with their good lead up play

Maitland V Magic
    19's 0-2
    22's 0-4
    First 0-1 2nd half

THE 1-0 Magic

They even may have hit the bar from a cross free kick but some prick walked in front of me midflight and I missed seeing exactly what happened
    Heffernan cleared it off the line after Trott was well beaten by the lobbed effort

Banned
    2-0 now

Magic
    Kantarovski with the clincher

Looks like it

Magic V Olympic
    Maitland V Edgy

in the semis

Banned
    FT

Magic 2-0

From what I seen Maitland will not trouble Edgy too much over the 2 legs

Magic actually for the first time in awhile looked pretty solid at the back. Looked a lot better when Ben Higgins came off at HT and they finally put Jonny Griff in CD

Then they just sat in and played on the counterWhich to me they should have been doing all season

Get in front. Park the bus and stay compact and use the speed of Kale and Virgili to break and counter

More than capable of doing Olympic over the 2 legs

THE 1-0 Magic

Good solid game. Bit of a good battle going on out there
    Maitland probably shading the general play

Magic doing a bit more in the box

Magic hit the bar from Kale with a overhead volley that would have seen the fap fest meter off the charts if it hadn't of smashed into the bar

Magic also hit the post through Kale with a low driving shot

Maitland though giving plenty but just missing a bit of penetration in the box to go with their good lead up play
    There's plenty of blokes missing penetration in the box 😂

McGuinness confirmed as coach of buds

It's that time of year when the transfer rumour mill kicks into gear. Heard today that Finlayson and Bradbury have signed for the Jaffas next year and that Goodchild and the Swan brothers will be returning to Charlestown next season as well. Anyone else heard similar

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    It's that time of year when the transfer rumour mill kicks into gear. Heard today that Finlayson and Bradbury have signed for the Jaffas next year and that Goodchild and the Swan brothers will be returning to Charlestown next season as well. Anyone else heard similar
    Hear the same rumour every year about the swans going back to Charlestown because they played there when they were 12 and 13 year old kids. Have heard at least 4 Magic players moving the the Jaffas