Page 72 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    FFS give the refs a break, they are reffing a comp that's worth bugger all, the only winners are the guys on 500 a game.
    He is not having a go at the refs mervan. He was responding to criticism from MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    Hearing lots of players killing out of northern team...
    Why would they play when Miller comes out and says he will be using youth guys etc..
    4 players have withdrawn
    John Griffiths, Kyle Hodges , Daniel McBreen and Reece Pettitt

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    You sir have no idea. Constantly talk dribble.
    So you think the refs are good when they constantly pull up play for minor contact between players and then let a player commit 6 fouls a half of the same nature??

Player from azzurri u22 got a yellow card in the first five minutes on Sunday for kicking the ball three foot back to where the free kick was given, player now misses a week for fifth yellow, the referee stopped game every five minutes to chat to players including a near three minute chat to captains before the toss ....

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    FFS give the refs a break, they are reffing a comp that's worth bugger all, the only winners are the guys on 500 a game.
    I'm with you,I thought the officials had a good game at Olympic on Sunday. Must admit that it can be an unpleasant atmosphere sometimes for them,especially the poor linesman with the crowds breath on the back of his neck baying for blood.

Maitland's first goal was the clearest foul I've seen in a while.

Huge push into the defender's back to push him into the keeper and allow a tap in.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The standard of reffing is shite.

Take Olympic

Goodchild does the exact same thing every game. Plays a very physical game pushing and shoving and using his body.

The bloke gets away with half a dozen little fouls a half.

Yet you have the referees pulling up his teammates and opposition for the most trivial bits of contact in the game.

It just so frustrating to see free kicks given for the same things Goodchild should be getting pinged for and doesn't
    I couldn't see any fouls by him on the BarTV footage of the goals, don't know what you're talking about. He just does what any good target man does - uses his body and muscles up. Not every player is built like a jockey and plays like Kale.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I couldn't see any fouls by him on the BarTV footage of the goals, don't know what you're talking about. He just does what any good target man does - uses his body and muscles up. Not every player is built like a jockey and plays like Kale.
    Lols, are you implying that Kale doesn't muscle up

Not as bad as the NewFM game with Kahibah and Thornton. Ref blows whistle for a penalty, Kahibah player following through kicks ball into back of the net, ref calls goal. His reasoning was apparently he didn't think people stopped playing after he blew his whistle for the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Lols, are you implying that Kale doesn't muscle up
    Always looks like he's running scared to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Always looks like he's running scared to me.

Man, the referees association is going to be inundated with people willing to give refereeing a crack.
    I'll be sure to let you guys know when the registrations are open.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Man, the referees association is going to be inundated with people willing to give refereeing a crack.
    Number 1 criteria should be the thickness of your skin followed by the extent of your deafness!

Great, the forum is certainly not short of thick heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    No need to. I have been refereeing for a number of years and am still active. What I have witnessed this year across both NPL and NewFM is a decline in the standard of referee that is appointed and glaring mistakes that should be corrected but are not. These are not little things but mistakes of Law, but as they do, they still get the games the next week and get told you should have done it better. I can and have made errors when refereeing and will admit as much but it is the arrogance of these higher level referees in these competitions when others observe the mistakes that is astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    No need to. I have been refereeing for a number of years and am still active. What I have witnessed this year across both NPL and NewFM is a decline in the standard of referee that is appointed and glaring mistakes that should be corrected but are not. These are not little things but mistakes of Law, but as they do, they still get the games the next week and get told you should have done it better. I can and have made errors when refereeing and will admit as much but it is the arrogance of these higher level referees in these competitions when others observe the mistakes that is astonishing.
    Mmm does someone have sour grapes? Have you reffed at newfm/NPL level?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Mmm does someone have sour grapes? Have you reffed at newfm/NPL level?
    He is spot on. The refereeing is terrible, and they get rewarded by refing the same grade next week.
    Do they even look at the bar tv replays?
    Players get dropped for playing shit, so should the referees

Would be nice if there was a bigger pool to draw from.
    Where are you getting these "better referees" from?
    It's a job nobody wants to do, and those that do do it are treated like shit. If a ref goes up to carter or piddo and calls them a f ing c bomb. Chances are they are getting some punishment. Yet it's ok for players to do this?

It's a two way street. It's easy to demand better referees. Think of the reasons why they are so bad tbough.
    And I'd love to hear your thoughts on a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    He is spot on. The refereeing is terrible, and they get rewarded by refing the same grade next week.
    Do they even look at the bar tv replays?
    Players get dropped for playing shit, so should the referees
    Nnswf doesn't check bartv...even when a player has done a naughty thing...

So if your dropping a ref for a bad performance, who are you appointing the following week? A young inexperienced ref who is not up to the standard required who will get chewed up and spat out. Then what do you do? You seem to think their is an endless supply of referees? Are you putting your hand up blueboy? Bet not, no balls...

Refs make mistakes, doesn't mean they should be crucified. Name a player that's never made a mistake in their career?

I'm more worried about he standard of play then the refereing, it's been terrible apart from a couple of games, some players would struggle in Zone premier league