Page 112 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    On a plus, will bring some $$$ to the club hosting. On the downside, volunteers and what not needed for an extra day. Not sure if it's going to work or not in terms of developing players.
    Worked ok for "Elite 15's" the two years before the NPL youth started. I think Taylor Regan won it one year coaching a CCB team?

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Worked ok for "Elite 15's" the two years before the NPL youth started. I think Taylor Regan won it one year coaching a CCB team?
    Yes he did, and I may be wrong, but I think there is only three players still there from that U15 side. Only three or four years ago ??

A few went to Jets the following year who probably shouldntve, and are now scattered everywhere through NPL, even the best player, or one of the best from that year choosing to play Newfm ?

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    In a good news story, congratulations to New Lambton FC for the promotion to First Div! Lots of hard work being done by the club to set up a solid base for the future.
    Do you know where they plan to play out of? Alder Pk, Novacastrian, Adamstown Oval?

Quote Originally Posted by KirkVanHouten View Post
    Please explain what you mean by a "blight on the local game" they did not finish last, the were competitive all season... what is your argument?
    I think the issue is probably regarding facilities, which NNSW have said was the foundation for npl licensing.
    The 2 grounds they provided:
    Cahill oval - shared with rugby league, cricket pitch, there are alcohol licensing issues in the past, they were told pitch was unsuitable for play last year...
    CB complex - no covered grandstand, poor pitch, not fenced, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    Do you know where they plan to play out of? Alder Pk, Novacastrian, Adamstown Oval?
    Alder Park

Quote Originally Posted by Hotline View Post
    Alder Park is about to undergo a fairly extensive face lift. Irrigation and drainage is being installed this year along with perimeter fencing. Additional Lighting is currently being installed. There were some rumors flying around earlier, but I can confirm that Newcastle Council is paying for none of this. The club has worked very hard over the past few years to get into a position to be able to carry out these works, by fund-raising and obtaining grants where possible.

Undercover seating is also planned for the future.

Facilities are still very below average at Alder Park

Cut them some slack.
    It's still in living memory that cars were being burnt out on a vacant block on Darling Street - look where they are now!
    It's no Cahill Oval - but sounds like they have plans and coin.
    The disrepair of some of the facilities in both top tier competitions lends to attention being spent in this area by a few clubs - not just those trying to have a go

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Alder Park is about to undergo a fairly extensive face lift. Irrigation and drainage is being installed this year along with perimeter fencing. Additional Lighting is currently being installed. There were some rumors flying around earlier, but I can confirm that Newcastle Council is paying for none of this. The club has worked very hard over the past few years to get into a position to be able to carry out these works, by fund-raising and obtaining grants where possible.

Undercover seating is also planned for the future.
    But there's currently nothing in place, where's as most newfm clubs have 80% of criteria in place already so if new lambton gain a spot with zero in place then why can't a current club with 80% in place fill the 12th position in NPL, if bom right I don't believe there is even a seat to sit on at alder park, not one, nothing against new lambton but I amazed how this can happen when newfm clubs can't gain promotion to NPL for not having all criteria covered

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Well Ned you've just proved a point although you don't only look dumb you sound dumb too!
    Tonester - who looks dumb now ? Craig Kerry was spot on
    Are there no mirrors at your house

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    But there's currently nothing in place, where's as most newfm clubs have 80% of criteria in place already so if new lambton gain a spot with zero in place then why can't a current club with 80% in place fill the 12th position in NPL, if bom right I don't believe there is even a seat to sit on at alder park, not one, nothing against new lambton but I amazed how this can happen when newfm clubs can't gain promotion to NPL for not having all criteria covered
    Because NPL rules are non-negotiable terms that are "must haves" to be included. NL1 has targets that provide flexibility for clubs to expand and grow sustainably. Also, we don't have "zero in place". We have not only a long term development plan for Alder Park, but more in place in terms of club administration strategies, including youth development pathways than some other New FM clubs. Not to mention the sheer number of juniors (1300).

Yes, facilities are our weak point. But this is being addressed. Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Being booted from Adamstown Oval a few years ago created a problems for us in this regard, but long term may strengthen us.

Off topic, but good to see past nnsw player of the year starting in the 10 role for Blacktown tonight, remember reading a few comments in herald and on this forum stating he was ' overrated' ...2 years as a starter in the blacktown team, he is no mug..

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    Off topic, but good to see past nnsw player of the year starting in the 10 role for Blacktown tonight, remember reading a few comments in herald and on this forum stating he was ' overrated' ...2 years as a starter in the blacktown team, he is no mug..
    Played well in the GF last week too.

He should of got a trial at the jets 2 years ago, but the jets don't do that shit

Thoughts on player movements due to new revamped competition? Can Lakes attract some quality fringe first graders? Piggot has shown players are attracted to his coaching, Zadkovic to magic will be a big draw. Can bar TV get better effing commentators lol!
    My first thought is an obvious one though, Edgy and Zaney will have little to no changes, only one maybe Moriyasu due to visa regulations and shit like that but if he's good to go I don't see many changes maybe an bringing in an experienced midfielder.
    Pete McPhersons maybe Lakes go to man after him and Lambton falling out last year.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by NED DEVINE View Post
    Tonester - who looks dumb now ? Craig Kerry was spot on
    Are there no mirrors at your house
    Some people just haven't got a clue. If you had readthe article more closely your eyes would have noticed phrases such as 'appears likely ', 'seems to be ' etc which to anyone with a basic grasp of the English language does not allude to factual comment. Now it is fact,it wasn't at the time of print. Over to you peabrain.

Quote Originally Posted by youngenwithafootballbrain View Post
    Thoughts on player movements due to new revamped competition? Can Lakes attract some quality fringe first graders? Piggot has shown players are attracted to his coaching, Zadkovic to magic will be a big draw. Can bar TV get better effing commentators lol!
    My first thought is an obvious one though, Edgy and Zaney will have little to no changes, only one maybe Moriyasu due to visa regulations and shit like that but if he's good to go I don't see many changes maybe an bringing in an experienced midfielder.
    Pete McPhersons maybe Lakes go to man after him and Lambton falling out last year.
    Thoughts?
    Hasn't McPherson already been announced as signing for Olympic ?

Peter McPherson to Olympic Michael Finlayson to jaffas
    Ridge Marpu to jaffas
    Bennett Kelly to Adamstown
    Abe Wheelhouse to Adamstown
    Jamie Byrnes to Weston
    Ruben Zadkovich to magic

Quote Originally Posted by tucker's daughter View Post
    Peter McPherson to Olympic Michael Finlayson to jaffas
    Ridge Marpu to jaffas
    Bennett Kelly to Adamstown
    Abe Wheelhouse to Adamstown
    Jamie Byrnes to Weston
    Ruben Zadkovich to magic
    What did you do?Throw a whole heap of names in a bag and draw them out???Where do you get this information from. Exactly what I have been saying,just throw stuff out there and see what sticks. Where is the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    What did you do?Throw a whole heap of names in a bag and draw them out???Where do you get this information from. Exactly what I have been saying,just throw stuff out there and see what sticks. Where is the evidence.
    I am not sure, but I think the previous post to Tucker's asked for 'Rumours'!!!

SHUT THE FORUM DOWN! No one can prove anything they write on here.