Page 29 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Clarke wins appeal.... FFA overturns NNSWF's suspension.... now only has to serve 4 weeks... big slap in face to NNSWF, Macquarie Football watch out! lol
    I thinks it's very clear that Northern through its Match Review / Diciplinary Committee have shown gross incompetence and a total lack of understanding or respect for their own laws. And further I'm not sure how you can make an example of anybody and not have some form of political interference to enable that objective, for eg. David Eland approached the Diciplinary Committee and advised them to throw the book at him. Of course problem is that most if not all violations of the code of the game have pre determined outcomes and fines and to go above and beyond this then automatically gives the impression that the committee can make abitrary decisions which once again means there has been some sort of interference in the process. I think it would be more than fair to say that the current Committee Chairman who I believe is also a Match Day Commissioner is totally under qualified for the task, has made decisions that lack consistency and balance, and further has a bias to certain clubs from where he was affiliated. Might be time to bring in a professional with qualifications and an understanding of how a proper consistent and legal approach to the Diciplinary Committee should be handled and run.

In my opinion the FFA decision is slap in the face for Northern and the way they administer the competition. When I look at Football NSW and the way the run their game, for the good of the game, and the good of the clubs who the players play for, I can only cringe at the poor quality Leadership we have in our Region. Northern and the Board seem to operate for the good of Northern and the Board, and the local clubs can suffer.

An interesting point by Alan Nisbet regarding using BAR tv footage to review foul play. While he is correct when he says sometimes it's inconclusive, there are many times it shows the exact incident. In the course of the game the players are unaware of what has been captured on video, so in the same way that random breath testing changed the behaviour of drivers, the chance that your foul play is on film will change the behaviour of player

Clarke should have got 12 months and the team he rung in for should be playing for no points in the next competition they play in, Every player in that team was aware of the ring in, and any that didn't agree could have voted with their feet. Some fools on this forum seem to think that this was a game of backyard football. H grade or Z grade it's all the same , the players pay their registration, which includes an insurance component. If a ring in causes a serious injury to a player, where does that leave him, up shit creek I reckon. Consider then that the injured player may have 3 or 4 kids and is off work for an extended period, this then becomes a civil matter. If this bloke is lawyered up as someone pointed out he would be aware of this. So a harmless prank in an unimportant H grade competition as some on here would have us believe, isn't without possible dire consequences. Every registered player should be confident that they have the protection that registration supplies, with the penalty now set at 4 weeks the ring ins hardly need to bother what coloured outfit they're wearing.

Edgy 4 Jets Y 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fairgo View Post
    Edgy 4 Jets Y 2

Could have been a few more.

Japanese fella looks really sharp.

Banned
    So there any reason we have no games on this public holiday ??

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    It's not the player at fault for playing.. It's the club for playing an ineligible player.

If Hamilton Olympic don't register Kane Goodchild but he plays its Hamilton Olympic who are at fault... Not Kane
    There is a big difference between playing in a semi-final for a team that you have had no association with all season and playing in round 1 for a team you have been selected for and training with all preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    All the complaining in the world won't change this but NNSWFF have crapped in their own nest by changing the original decision by the Interdistrict board rather than supporting the association in its original decision to ban him for twelve months. Once again NNSWFF have put the elite NPL competition above the correct moral decision and shown the contempt they have for those who are the backbone of the region. They need to realise that without the players from these districts their lavish lifestyle in their ivory tower would be non-existent.
    They didn't ban him for playing in the game that was Macquarie Football, they banned him for comments he made to the media which included his lies about not playing and comments he made on social media about association officials.

Quote Originally Posted by The Acolyte View Post
    the team he rung in for should be playing for no points in the next competition they play in
    Probably be a bit hard to do that considering the players have probably gone to other clubs and or not playing at all. Looking at the club in question this year they only have two All-Age teams, their A-grade squad and their C grade squad. I know a couple of the guys in the C grade squad and they were in D last year so the players aren't even playing for the same club and I doubt they have all moved as a unit to another. Newcastle did the only thing they could do and disqualify them from the competition.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 23-04-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Convincing win 3-0 to Olympic today. Goodchild scored all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Convincing win 3-0 to Olympic today. Goodchild scored all three.
    Pascoe wouldn't have expected Bolchy dishing that up. Good result for Olympic.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So there any reason we have no games on this public holiday ??
    Probably because it would be an absolute stitch up to make a club play on Anzac Day. I highly doubt anyone would volunteer to host a game on the day. Good for spectators and that's about it.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Zero sport should be played on Anzac Day, my thoughts only

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Zero sport should be played on Anzac Day, my thoughts only
    I have read plenty on this forum and I rarely agree with the content of your posts but this is something that I 100% agree with and back you. I would be disgusted if any club requested a game on Anzac Day, it's one day that we should all pay our respects to the people who fell and served to give us the freedom we currently have.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    I have read plenty on this forum and I rarely agree with the content of your posts but this is something that I 100% agree with and back you. I would be disgusted if any club requested a game on Anzac Day, it's one day that we should all pay our respects to the people who fell and served to give us the freedom we currently have.
    So you can't go to a dawn service and pay your respects and then go watch some football in the afternoon??

Clubs should have been volunteering for this date.

Would have got a much healthier crowd of neutrals turning up

As for being disgusted about clubs requesting games on this date go tell that to all the people who go watch TardBall and NRL on this date.

They don't give a ****

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So you can't go to a dawn service and pay your respects and then go watch some football in the afternoon??

Clubs should have been volunteering for this date.

Would have got a much healthier crowd of neutrals turning up

As for being disgusted about clubs requesting games on this date go tell that to all the people who go watch TardBall and NRL on this date.

They don't give a ****
    I'm with you, as far as I'm concerned you're 100%right. All other codes do it, it's good enough to play on Good Friday so what's the difference.

I'm with you, as far as I'm concerned you're 100%right. All other codes do it, it's good enough to play on Good Friday so what's the difference.
    One is about a Historic Pagen God of fertility. Which in turn Christians made their own little story about one of their Prophets that supposedly was killed only to rise from death a few days later. This one generally has no meaning to most Australians and most Australians are just happy to have 4 days of Work.

The other holds great significance to our Nation and is a time for all Australians and New Zealanders to pay their respects to many of brave men and women who have defend our Nations and the Nations of others. A time to say thanks and a time to pay homage to those that paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we can all live freely in our great Nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    One is about a Historic Pagen God of fertility. Which in turn Christians made their own little story about one of their Prophets that supposedly was killed only to rise from death a few days later. This one generally has no meaning to most Australians and most Australians are just happy to have 4 days of Work.
    #wellactually I think you'll find it's about a very large rabbit that delivers chocolate to your house as a way of saying 'good job' for the first quarter of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

The other holds great significance to our Nation and is a time for all Australians and New Zealanders to pay their respects to many of brave men and women who have defend our Nations and the Nations of others. A time to say thanks and a time to pay homage to those that paid the ultimate sacrifice so that we can all live freely in our great Nation.
    As a lecturer in Political Science and Modern History I find your views on both subjects misguided and ignorant.That said all the more reason to partake in an Aussie passion which those same Australian diggers you commented on and have a game of football. Better than being at the pub with the drunken hordes participating in an illegal game of two up.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    #wellactually I think you'll find it's about a very large rabbit that delivers chocolate to your house as a way of saying 'good job' for the first quarter of the year.
    Very good, best post on here in ages.

As a lecturer in Political Science and Modern History I find your views on both subjects misguided and ignorant.That said all the more reason to partake in an Aussie passion which those same Australian diggers you commented on and have a game of football. Better than being at the pub with the drunken hordes participating in an illegal game of two up.
    Personal thoughts on you aside.

Misguided and Ignorant for paying homage to past and present armed service men on ANZAC day? Yeah that'll do me.

Edit:
    Oh and I never commented on weather or not Football should be played on ANZAC day. So I don't know why you made the comparison whilst quoting me.
    Last edited by Premy; 24-04-2016 at 09:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!