Page 67 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    I think your post has now been proven as the nonsense side of this argument

If Adamstown were hellbent on youth development then why wasn't this young fella given a chance this weekend or do you only get one shot

Or maybe it was what it was, Buds were short for midweek catch up game, give this kid a token 10 mins and tell him how much we value him.
    The same player came off the bench again for First Grade yesterday.
    This young fella is a quality player with a fantastic attitude who has deserved his chance in First Grade so next time you want to take pot shots at a 15 year old player, take a deep breath and realize how much of wanker you sound.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    The same player came off the bench again for First Grade yesterday.
    This young fella is a quality player with a fantastic attitude who has deserved his chance in First Grade so next time you want to take pot shots at a 15 year old player, take a deep breath and realize how much of wanker you sound.
    Seen three 15yo's come on at once for the buds yesterday, Sean Mathews, haha, all jokes aside, lovely bloke, not sure how much longer the legs would last. Surprising substitution I thought, he came on at 2-0 down I think, and come on to play at the back, I reckon he could still cause some damage up front in a short stint.

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Come on Mervan. Name and shame. It's only your opinion after all
    Why don't try and guess a few, yeah lets treat it like a guessing competition.

NNSW select side has been announced.

Benn Kelly, Ayden Brice, Jon Griffiths, Josh Evans, Luke Remington, Keanu Moore, Michael Kantarovski, Rhys Cooper, James Virgili, Daniel McBreen, Keigo Moriyasu.

Bench: Kyle Hodges, Simon Mooney, Matt Comerford, Daniel Yaxley, Ben Hay, Reece Pettit, Lachlan Pasquale, Brody Taylor, Jim Fogarty, Rene Ferguson

Why on earth would you pick mcbreen

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Agree.

Although a couple of years ago they picked Jobe - but from memory he opted out of the side to give the younger guys a go.

Maybe Daniel will do the same.

20 players .... 8 from edgy ? Hhhhmmmmm who's the coach ? Zany ? Haha
    Winning comp yes, but deserved of half the team almost for nnsw ? Please ....... In saying that , where's bren hamell ?

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Winning comp yes, but deserved of half the team almost for nnsw ? Please ....... In saying that , where's bren hamell ?
    he hasn't played for edgy in a few weeks i think. Might be injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono469 View Post

Benn Kelly, Ayden Brice, Jon Griffiths, Josh Evans, Luke Remington, Keanu Moore, Michael Kantarovski, Rhys Cooper, James Virgili, Daniel McBreen, Keigo Moriyasu.

Bench: Kyle Hodges, Simon Mooney, Matt Comerford, Daniel Yaxley, Ben Hay, Reece Pettit, Lachlan Pasquale, Brody Taylor, Jim Fogarty, Rene Ferguson
    i dislike olypmic but i give credit where its due - DANNY IRELAND ????
    My first pick above everyone... has not even got a sniff.

Seen three 15yo's come on at once for the buds yesterday, Sean Mathews, haha, all jokes aside, lovely bloke, not sure how much longer the legs would last. Surprising substitution I thought, he came on at 2-0 down I think, and come on to play at the back, I reckon he could still cause some damage up front in a short stint.
    I have always seen sean as a def mid

Shane Paul has been Magic's best all year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono469 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    i dislike olypmic but i give credit where its due - DANNY IRELAND ????
    My first pick above everyone... has not even got a sniff.
    Made himself unavailable.

Do we know the selection criteria he was given to choose the squad from? Is this simply a list of players that have made themselves available?

Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Do we know the selection criteria he was given to choose the squad from? Is this simply a list of players that have made themselves available?
    all political crap as usual.
    mainly young up and comers with the addition of mcbreen.

I can say shane paul is the player of the year in my eyes at magic followed by james virgili,
    and there is probably other teams with so called 25 and older players that from what i have watched should be named aswell
    Last edited by cobra23; 12-07-2016 at 02:12 PM.

If he didn't select his own players you would be saying he was just worried about protecting his premiership run.
    Bloke can't win sometimes as he has in a way put his season on the line by selecting what he feels as his best squad and in being true to the concept, put his players at risk of injury

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    If he didn't select his own players you would be saying he was just worried about protecting his premiership run.
    Bloke can't win sometimes as he has in a way put his season on the line by selecting what he feels as his best squad and in being true to the concept, put his players at risk of injury
    If that is the case maybe he should not be the coach. Don't get confused. Just because Edgeworth are leading the comp and won it all last year, does not mean there are no good players elsewhere. Players should be selected on form, if that means 8 players form Edgy so be it, if it mean only one player from edgy that is fine as well. i'm not so sure that everyone has been given an even chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    If you were going to pick an ex HAL player in the select squad surely Bertos has been performing better on a regular basis than McBreen.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    If that is the case maybe he should not be the coach. Don't get confused. Just because Edgeworth are leading the comp and won it all last year, does not mean there are no good players elsewhere. Players should be selected on form, if that means 8 players form Edgy so be it, if it mean only one player from edgy that is fine as well. i'm not so sure that everyone has been given an even chance.
    Do you genuinely believe that the 21 players named are the only guys that were approached or looked at? The article in the Herald even states that Goodchild and Wheelhouse were considered but ruled out with injury. I'm sure they aren't the only two that were considered and I'm also sure that conversations would have occurred with all coaches and that certain players wouldn't have been released or possibly turned down the opportunity themselves.

As for the makeup of the team, of the Edgeworth players selected McBreen would be the only one that you could argue isn't in their best form. I'd also suppose that a relatively younger side has been chosen as guys like Virgili, Moore, Remington, Cooper etc. will have the engines to compete with the pace set by the Jets. Just a thought...

If I coached a club side that won last year and were winning again this year, and was asked to pick the NNSW side, I'd sure as hell pick the guys I know could and have done a job for me.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    If I coached a club side that won last year and were winning again this year, and was asked to pick the NNSW side, I'd sure as hell pick the guys I know could and have done a job for me.
    If I was coach I would not pick my players at all. Throw a token 1 or 2 in and pick a few key players from rival team. Specifically the one you are playing at the weekend and give them the full 90