Page 46 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Who cares, no one got hurt, the ref dealt with it, I'm more concerned with cheats pulling shirts etc etc and nothing being done, I'd rather see a good solid tackle then a shirt pull
    Obviously a Kevin muscat fan. High force, dangerous with the potential or likelihood of injury. Muscat ended careers with his brutality and thuggery. It's not what football is about, keep fishing FR.

No need, I've already got the catch of the day, 😂😂

After spending last three days at Combined High Schools State Championship I am happy to say that we have some great young talent coming thru our NPL ranks

Hunter team topped thier pool and ended up making the final, just falling short going down 2-1 to Sydney South West, a pen to SSW with 2 mins to go.......

But great effort from a talented group of young players, yr 11 & 12 with hunter having two year 10 boys
    The boys are spread thru the NPL with some at Jets youth/18's and others from Magic, Edgy, CCB Valo playing 19 & 22's

Best part is that the boys actually beat the two Sydney teams they played showing that they can match it with them, right boys right attitude

Well done and I look forward to watching these boys progress thru the NPL

^Awesome^

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    After spending last three days at Combined High Schools State Championship I am happy to say that we have some great young talent coming thru our NPL ranks

Hunter team topped thier pool and ended up making the final, just falling short going down 2-1 to Sydney South West, a pen to SSW with 2 mins to go.......

But great effort from a talented group of young players, yr 11 & 12 with hunter having two year 10 boys
    The boys are spread thru the NPL with some at Jets youth/18's and others from Magic, Edgy, CCB Valo playing 19 & 22's

Best part is that the boys actually beat the two Sydney teams they played showing that they can match it with them, right boys right attitude

Good to see a bit of positivity on the local youth seen. There are plenty of people working very hard to lift the training and coaching standards in our region.
    It takes a lot of work and patience to bring these kids through and while it may not be perfect there are plenty of good signs around.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post
    Good to see a bit of positivity on the local youth seen. There are plenty of people working very hard to lift the training and coaching standards in our region.
    It takes a lot of work and patience to bring these kids through and while it may not be perfect there are plenty of good signs around.
    Good post.
    I especially liked the Jets coaches trying to get the contact details for the strong Sydney players to join them for the NPL competition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    I especially liked the Jets coaches trying to get the contact details for the strong Sydney players to join them for the NPL competition.

Sorry contract conditions mean I can't discuss that 😉😄

But really why would Sydney boys come up to jets ???
    My understanding of it would be more the other way

Have Rosebuds sorted out their keeper yet? Some of the goals against Jets a better keeper would have had no problems with.
    Charlestown have surprised me this season but I think the Eagles will have too much for them

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post

Nice post blue man

We hear so much about the gap between us and Sydney, especially in EJ games So it is great to see a hunter team do so well
    Hats off to the boys , I would hope they be a big part if the NPL in the next year or so

Interesting that when a good positive post is written a lot of forum local experts seem to have nothing to say
    So let's keep up the positive posts and maybe they will be gone forever !!

Banned
    Yu
    Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    Nice post blue man

We hear so much about the gap between us and Sydney, especially in EJ games So it is great to see a hunter team do so well
    Hats off to the boys , I would hope they be a big part if the NPL in the next year or so

Interesting that when a good positive post is written a lot of forum local experts seem to have nothing to say
    So let's keep up the positive posts and maybe they will be gone forever !!
    You have fun with your delusion

NNSW is the second largest Federation in Australia.
    Name me the last Soccerroos player they produced and how long ago was it??
    20 years???

They Struggle to produce starting level HAL players for the Jets as you could make a case that the two locals i Kanta and BK are not even certain first team selections

Yet you think one promising result in a midweek schools tourney shows they are on the right path and we are about to see the dawning of a new era???

I not sharing your illusion

I think Clayton Zane was the last senior Socceroo back in 1999 but I could be wrong.

Wish it was this easy on the lake

Tips today
    Olympic 4-0 Jets
    Jaffas 3-0 Buds

Banned
    Jaffas 1-0 at HT
    Remington a with goal on stroke of HT

Buds 1-0. 22s
    Jaffas 3-2 19s

Olympic up 3 nil halftime, Goodchild 2 Bailey 1

Banned
    2-0 Remington with a second.

Looked like a mishit centre but if he meant it a top finish

Banned
    3-0 Joel Woods cut out a. clearance run 20 yards and slotted easily

Jaffas ok but Buds not so good

Olympic 5-0

Banned
    4-0 Johny Maj

Cross from the left evaded everyone Johnny Maj loitering on back post had enough time to take a touch call his mum and smash home

Banned
    5-0 FT Remington with a hat trick with last kick of the game