Magic
    Jaffas
    Jets
    Adamstown
    Valentine
    Maitland
    Weston
    Azzuri

Front Runners: Olympic look to have recruited quite well, and i think are probably slight fav's at this point. Even though edgy have lost a few players, i think after doing the double last year they will be right there. However i think edgy need to manage a few key players and ensure they keep them of the pitch all year.

Darkhorse: Maitland have probably recruited best out of any NPL team, and with arguably the best coach in the NPL. Don't be surprised to see them right in there fighting it out at the business end of the season.

Wooden spoon: Unfortunately for Valentine i can't really see them winning to many games. The step up in class i think well be too much, as they haven't recruited enough quality.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baby Piglet View Post
    Front Runners: Olympic look to have recruited quite well, and i think are probably slight fav's at this point. Even though edgy have lost a few players, i think after doing the double last year they will be right there. However i think edgy need to manage a few key players and ensure they keep them of the pitch all year.

Darkhorse: Maitland have probably recruited best out of any NPL team, and with arguably the best coach in the NPL. Don't be surprised to see them right in there fighting it out at the business end of the season.

Wooden spoon: Unfortunately for Valentine i can't really see them winning to many games. The step up in class i think well be too much, as they haven't recruited enough quality.
    Big call that Maitland have recruited best out of any NPL team . Unless they have a few signings i haven't heard about?
    I would think either Magic or Olympic but just my opinion.
    MAGIC - Jarryd Johnson, Shane Paul ,James Virgili and will have Alex Kanta back
    OLYMPIC- Leo Bertos, Daniel Bird, Joel Witherdin and Tom Spencer

I'd hate to be a promising youth player in those two clubs, always recruiting never promoting

Plenty tipping Magic? Do they have a new coach?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I'd hate to be a promising youth player in those two clubs, always recruiting never promoting
    That's why a lot of 19s and 22s leave, may take a season or two, but sooner or later the realisation that new players, not youth players is what these two clubs want.

Quote Originally Posted by Wire Blew View Post
    Plenty tipping Magic? Do they have a new coach?
    Not yet, but will surely be the case if they don't win it this year

Was speaking to a guy who was in Magic's 19's this year asked him if he thought he would play 1st grade for them. He laughed and said he wouldn't because he isn't Maco and he is currently with the club".

Agree 100% with you on this

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    That's why a lot of 19s and 22s leave, may take a season or two, but sooner or later the realisation that new players, not youth players is what these two clubs want.
    Seriously, if clubs want to be successful and stay successful they need to bring 2-3 players into their playing group every year to freshen things up and that's what these clubs do and do well. To say none of their players come through the ranks to 1st grade is wrong. These 2 clubs retain a core group of 1st grade players and build around. Magic have Higgins, Piddo, Virgili, Griffiths, Haynes, Pettit,l who have all been there for 5 years or more. Throw in Bradbury, Hoole and Kanta who all came through the juniors. So that's 9 of their starting 11 virtually.
    Olympic have Swan ,Swan, Hodges, Bailey, Brown, Koina with 5 years plus and Campbell, Davies and Cooper who came through juniors so that's 9 out of their starting 11 in last years Gf.
    Maybe the standard to play 1st grade at These Clubs is higher then it is at Southy and other clubs which is why not as many juniors make the step up to 1st grade

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Was speaking to a guy who was in Magic's 19's this year asked him if he thought he would play 1st grade for them. He laughed and said he wouldn't because he isn't Maco and he is currently with the club".
    This is the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard in my life. Go ahead Goatscheese and name me all the Maco's playing 1st at Broadmeadow or Greeks playing 1st grade at Hamilton. You don't need to be Maco or Greek to play 1st grade there. You just need to be good enough. Just because little Johnny played juniors with a club doesn't mean he is entitled to or is ever going to play 1st grade there

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    This is the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard in my life. Go ahead Goatscheese and name me all the Maco's playing 1st at Broadmeadow or Greeks playing 1st grade at Hamilton. You don't need to be Maco or Greek to play 1st grade there. You just need to be good enough. Just because little Johnny played juniors with a club doesn't mean he is entitled to or is ever going to play 1st grade there
    Perhaps you should ask the Magic player I spoke to he is the one that believes it and he isn't the only one to have expressed similar sentiments before. I noticed you left out the second half of his statement though.

And while you might not need to be Maco to play at Magic it certainly helps if little Јован is.

Magic
    Olympic
    Jaffaz
    Maitland
    Adamstown
    Egeworth
    Azzuri
    Jets
    Weston
    Valentine

Azzuri 22s to go ok, 19s to win the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Seriously, if clubs want to be successful and stay successful they need to bring 2-3 players into their playing group every year to freshen things up and that's what these clubs do and do well. To say none of their players come through the ranks to 1st grade is wrong. These 2 clubs retain a core group of 1st grade players and build around. Magic have Higgins, Piddo, Virgili, Griffiths, Haynes, Pettit,l who have all been there for 5 years or more. Throw in Bradbury, Hoole and Kanta who all came through the juniors. So that's 9 of their starting 11 virtually.
    Olympic have Swan ,Swan, Hodges, Bailey, Brown, Koina with 5 years plus and Campbell, Davies and Cooper who came through juniors so that's 9 out of their starting 11 in last years Gf.
    Maybe the standard to play 1st grade at These Clubs is higher then it is at Southy and other clubs which is why not as many juniors make the step up to 1st grade
    If the players that have been at them clubs for five years or more played for another club, that would make that club strong as well...... point is players flock to one club to win championships and $$$ , if all them players played in a orange shirt, light blue shirt or a black and white striped shirt would that club be just as successful.