Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

I heard the final score via SMS with a subsequent comment about empties being thrown at
    the Edgie bench by Magic fans after FT.
    Anyone care to confirm? Comment?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    I heard the final score via SMS with a subsequent comment about empties being thrown at
    sour grapes from the grub club? or a congratulatory thing

I was at the other end so didn't see but wouldn't surprise. A couple of Magic fans who were just obnoxiously loud and yelling out all sorts. I was rep'ing the Magic scarf due to my previous time around the club so was supporting but just not needed to have one or two guys yelling out constant crap to refs and opposition. From what I saw, most of the crowd well behaved. Atmosphere lacked though compared to last week's New-FM GF.

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Id say zane won the game for the Eagles today. He Set them up perfectly 5 at the back and basically making it 3 centrebacks v 2 when it came to virgilli and kale.

I agree with an above poster. Magics sole plan was to isolate chill and kale against the defenders and I can count on my hand how often it happened. Evans was outstanding at the back and was my man of the match.

Edgy just offered a bit more going forward and had the experience of mcbreen at the end of all it.

I don't think there was 4K in that ground today I wasn't present on Tuesday but people think there was more for that game.
    Totally agree on Evans. He was outstanding.

Holtz did a mountain of work in middle

Grand Final day and it appears one of those goals went down MFKS's throat, the silence is spectacular. Also Fathers Day and it was good to see Piggo spending some quality time with his Love Child. Any speculation on the return of the Prodigal Son?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Holtz did a mountain of work in middle
    Was that the mop haired Edgy bloke?
    Went good that bloke.

Also:
    Big #15 at the back for Edgy was good.

They served full strength beer right up until the final whistle.

Bloke at the bar chucked in a steak sanga when I brought a beer late on cause he didn't want the last few bits of food to go to waste.

Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by The Acolyte View Post
    Grand Final day and it appears one of those goals went down MFKS's throat, the silence is spectacular. Also Fathers Day and it was good to see Piggo spending some quality time with his Love Child. Any speculation on the return of the Prodigal Son?
    Please explain?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Was that the mop haired Edgy bloke?
    Went good that bloke.
    yep.

You will hear no more about it, NNSW Magic will get a wrap on the knuckles or Zaney will cop four weeks for splashing water at them.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Please explain?
    Heard that the 'Prodigal Son' is making a playing comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Heard that the 'Prodigal Son' is making a playing comeback.
    Chief?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacchi View Post
    Chief?
    The one and only.

GF Day was certainly a busy day on and off the field, a trusted contact tells me Kahibah are near certain for NPL .

When will they announce the clubs who are granted NPL licences?

The one and only.

GF Day was certainly a busy day on and off the field, a trusted contact tells me Kahibah are near certain for NPL .
    Yep, I heard better than near certain
    Maybe thanks to thier neighbours,
    Hey GA how are CCB going??
    Looking for a new pres, a new secretary and trying to find a treasurer, one with experience in zero's
    Thank god they have offered so many youth the opportunity to play with them in 2017, provided you pay a deposit !!!!!!
    Some things never change

The one and only.

Surely a conflict of interest as a member of kahibah staff has a family member on the NPL selection panel.....

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Looking for a new pres, a new secretary and trying to find a treasurer, one with experience in zero's
    Thank god they have offered so many youth the opportunity to play with them in 2017, provided you pay a deposit !!!!!!
    Some things never change
    We have all heard the latest rumours of CCB about to fall over, but these rumours start around this time every season. Probably from CCB players nervous about getting paid. But surely if they were dropped back to newfm again their spot would be taken by Lake Macquarie, not Kahibah

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    We have all heard the latest rumours of CCB about to fall over, but these rumours start around this time every season. Probably from CCB players nervous about getting paid. But surely if they were dropped back to newfm again their spot would be taken by Lake Macquarie, not Kahibah
    Hopefully they did not lose their submission like Valo did?

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Correct every year we hear this stuff

Could that be why their neighbour is getting such strong support ??

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Some things never change
    Wow ........ thanks for the right of reply to your totally defaming post of CCB, but being " involved " at the club I am more then happy to share some information with yourself, just incase you don't already know.

1/ Our previous fuhrer is no longer involved at the club at an administration level, something that was always going to happen this year, he has done more then enough for the club, sometimes having to single handedly run the club, im sure you would know that as im sure you have worked just as hard to keep a club running rather then hiding behind a keyboard and an alias name.
    2/ If you would like me to name the President, Secretary, Sponsorship coordinator and Treasurer I will, something again you obviously have no idea about, but I wont put their names on a public forum.
    3/ There will be a new president, secretary, , Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer after the AGM which is on in September. Again happy to name them all, but not on a public forum, All positions have been accounted for with renewed confidence and gusto.
    4/ At the moment their are four very very active executive committee, organising Presentation days for Juniors and Seniors along with the ZL2 GF Day this Saturday, more then welcome to attend the game between Westlakes and Hamilton and put on a yellow bib if you would like, being you are so active in the club environment, in saying that, don't bother, we have more then enough coming on the day as it is, but maybe the bib could be used to soak up your dribble.
    5/ Rather then assume these young boys in youth have only been " identified " to fund payments for 2016 , naybe wonder if these kids deserve the chance, as Im sure they do.
    6/ Just this week CCB have had confirmation of $49500 in sponsorship for the 2017 ( just this week )
    7/ Anything more you would like to know, happy to talk privately, if I knew who you were, but im sorry "why blue" is not in the phone book.
    8/ Like the club or not, the previous era is gone, and there is a lot of very smart blokes including a pres, treas, sec to take the club forward.3
    9/ Please be careful in naming clubs and defaming them on a public forum, especially when you have zero clue !!!
    Last edited by GO AWAY; 06-09-2016 at 10:06 AM.