Page 100 of 127 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

I've played both up front and as a CB. Personally, don't see much wrong with putting a bit of a hit on somebody when making a tackle. Bit of a physical challenge never hurt anybody. A body check on the ball, let's them know you're tbere and that if they want an easy game, they ain't getting it. Works both ways though.

But there's a difference between a physical challenge and a dangerous tackle with potential to break somebodies leg.

I guess, as has been mentioned, we trust the officials to police it, and there mustn't be too much wrong with his game of he has avoided suspension, and that's with numerous different referees officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I've played both up front and as a CB. Personally, don't see much wrong with putting a bit of a hit on somebody when making a tackle. Bit of a physical challenge never hurt anybody. A body check on the ball, let's them know you're tbere and that if they want an easy game, they ain't getting it. Works both ways though.

But there's a difference between a physical challenge and a dangerous tackle with potential to break somebodies leg.

I guess, as has been mentioned, we trust the officials to police it, and there mustn't be too much wrong with his game of he has avoided suspension, and that's with numerous different referees officiating.
    Yep.

Me too.

Agree 100%.

your cb is the most toughest player on the field . most attack starts with him , most defence finishes with him . always his body is on the the line with must win challenges .they give as good as they get from cf . no surprise that the 2 teams in the gf have the best cb's

HT 1-1. Virgili from a horrid GK **** up. Then McBreen leveled from a corner. Few things...

1. Magic have one plan. Kick it long to Virgili or Bradbury and see if they can do something. Otherwise they have no idea.
    2. Old man Haynes needs to retire.
    3. Edgy need a new keeper.
    4. Edgy don't look like they've got out of first gear.
    5. It's ****ing hot.
    6. It took Magic at least 3-4 minutes before their goal went up on the scoreboard.

7. Don't know if it's just me, but Bartv footage is horrible today.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    7. Don't know if it's just me, but Bartv footage is horrible today.
    It's a love fest towards Diggers the ref. Audio was real bad in 1st half.

Edgy win it 2-1. Hammel missed a penalty but set up McBreen for his second maybe 5 minutes later. The better team on the day won.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man Kal.......... Hang on a minute Daniel McBreen!!

Great result. The sooner broadmedow doesnt play a home GF every year the better, ground is sh1te. As thomo says ftm

What shit game, I've seen more atmosphere at a funeral, no half time entertainment , nothing, poor effort nnswf

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Great result. The sooner broadmedow doesnt play a home GF every year the better, ground is sh1te. As thomo says ftm
    No other club in Newcastle can handle over 4000 people and make it look easy. Get off the forum and do something about it instead mate.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What shit game, I've seen more atmosphere at a funeral, no half time entertainment , nothing, poor effort nnswf
    I thought it was a good game esp compared to the hack fest last year.

Edgy def deserved to win completely dominated the 2nd half.

Agent McBreen does it again.

Id say zane won the game for the Eagles today. He Set them up perfectly 5 at the back and basically making it 3 centrebacks v 2 when it came to virgilli and kale.

I agree with an above poster. Magics sole plan was to isolate chill and kale against the defenders and I can count on my hand how often it happened. Evans was outstanding at the back and was my man of the match.

Edgy just offered a bit more going forward and had the experience of mcbreen at the end of all it.

I don't think there was 4K in that ground today I wasn't present on Tuesday but people think there was more for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    No other club in Newcastle can handle over 4000 people and make it look easy. Get off the forum and do something about it instead mate.
    When was there 4 thousand people there

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    3. Edgy need a new keeper.
    With Piggo going back to Weston maybe they could poach Ben Kelly?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    When was there 4 thousand people there
    Today.
    4300 through the gate today. Obviously it's impossible to know the figure that was there during first grade only. Those figures straight from NNSW. I didn't have time to do a head count, but if you did, then tell me your revised figure?
    It's football, not s***er!!

[QUOTE=Lofty;162097]Today.
    4300 through the gate today. Obviously it's impossible to know the figure that was there during first grade only. Those figures straight from NNSW. I didn't have time to do a head count, but if you did, then tell me your revised figure?[/QUOrTE]
    I think nnswf may be wrong, seen much bigger crowds at Broadmeadow on a rainy gf, serving hot beer doesn't necessarily say you handled the crowd

The figure would have been over the course of the day, not just for 1st grade?

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    wrong champ. Many grounds can handle this day. Do some research. And since you wanna start, finish school and get some common sense ya retard. another from the arrogant club. shouldnt you be searching for the best juniors in the region now?
    Last edited by hawk; 04-09-2016 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    The figure would have been over the course of the day
    exactly, muppets think theres a world cup on and no other ground is worthy