Page 111 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Welcome back Ned. Think I remember some of your comments on this forum many years ago from around 2008 but obviously you're back.

From what I’m hearing around the traps, not too many people wanted to see CCB gone from NPL. What I’m hearing is that if the inept management at the club continued, then it was only a matter of time until ‘the death ride’.

Thankfully for CCB there has been a changing of the guard and no doubt the best thing for them. Let’s hope they can attract not only ‘new’ supporters, sponsors and players to the club – but also encourage the many who have left the club over the years (due to the crap management) to come back.

They are a club steeped in tradition from the old Azzurri days and in my opinion, with the right management, will become a local football powerhouse in the years to come.

Let’s face it mate, if they’d continued down the same path as the last few years then they probably didn’t deserve to be there. So I wouldn’t be spruiking off too much about ‘death riders’, I’d be just thankful that the changes at the club have happened.

Oh to have so much knowledge without being informed .
    Azzurri are supposed to have been broke for last 10 years

What an amazingly revamped comp. Jeez i tell you what boys, we're gunna be developing some top notch players with all these amazing changes!

Will Northern League One have 1sts, 20s and 18s?

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Will Northern League One have 1sts, 20s and 18s?
    1st, 23s, 19s, 17s,15s

1sts, 23's, 19's, 17's, 15's

Quote Originally Posted by NED DEVINE View Post
    Oh to have so much knowledge without being informed .
    Azzurri are supposed to have been broke for last 10 years

I wouldnt be gloating I am told Azzurri were very lucky to scrape thru and still have a lot of debt it happens when you spend more than you bring in. I hope those who have taken over do a lot better job than the previous ones where $$$$ are concerned. Always hard to knock volunteers but clubs cannot be run by one person things get missed and its not sustainable. Good luck to the new crew and thank you to the old crew there is alot of hardwork ahead of them.

Five games on the one day for Northern League One?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    What an amazingly revamped comp. Jeez i tell you what boys, we're gunna be developing some top notch players with all these amazing changes!
    Once again Northern have proven to be incompetent, from building a 5m shite facility to running a elite comp with a bye, developing players is the last thing on there minds.
    Have some balls and drop teams that don't perform or don't conform to the magical level they want.
    NNSWFA needs a clean out of all the cronies we have running the show, starting at the top.
    Should be all 10 team comps from NBN to ZL3 and as said before cumulating to NPL grand final. Is it that hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Once again Northern have proven to be incompetent, from building a 5m shite facility to running a elite comp with a bye, developing players is the last thing on there minds.
    Have some balls and drop teams that don't perform or don't conform to the magical level they want.
    NNSWFA needs a clean out of all the cronies we have running the show, starting at the top.
    Should be all 10 team comps from NBN to ZL3 and as said before cumulating to NPL grand final. Is it that hard?
    I think NNSW have made the correct call, its not there fault that only 11 teams meet all the criteria. Why should they punish a fully qualified club for the sake of having a 10 team comp to be convienient.

Gala Day set up for the Under 15s, shared around each ground every week

Because Premier Men's Football

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Brilliant, the most sensible post yet. A bye is ridiculous, it should be 8 team comp. 12 months of planning to achieve this outcome, all the hard work of volunteers to achieve what !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Gala Day set up for the Under 15s, shared around each ground every week

Because Premier Men's Football
    On a plus, will bring some $$$ to the club hosting. On the downside, volunteers and what not needed for an extra day. Not sure if it's going to work or not in terms of developing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    I wouldnt be gloating I am told Azzurri were very lucky to scrape thru and still have a lot of debt it happens when you spend more than you bring in. I hope those who have taken over do a lot better job than the previous ones where $$$$ are concerned. Always hard to knock volunteers but clubs cannot be run by one person things get missed and its not sustainable. Good luck to the new crew and thank you to the old crew there is alot of hardwork ahead of them.
    Have they paid for their grandstand yet or is northern and the clubs still wearing that cost

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Have they paid for their grandstand yet or is northern and the clubs still wearing that cost
    You would probably have to check that with a NNSW Balance Sheet for around 2005 .
    In actual fact probably be better to ring John Spero , as he built AND PAID FOR IT HIMSELF .

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    1sts, 23's, 19's, 17's, 15's
    This is another reason why I look at NNSWF and just shake my head, if they want the 2nd tier clubs to get into line with the NPL clubs then surely they would give them the same restrictions as in the top 20 player points system and the same age groups.

Quote Originally Posted by NED DEVINE View Post
    You would probably have to check that with a NNSW Balance Sheet for around 2005 .
    In actual fact probably be better to ring John Spero , as he built AND PAID FOR IT HIMSELF .
    I heard back then when the shit hit the fan that Spero paid for it himself as Azzurri ran out of money and therefore didn't have the money to pay him?

So now Charlestown are in NPL you have to bring stuff up from ten years ago ? Desperate to tarnish this club, well too bad, we have come through the other side and we as a club is looking forward to what we have in front of us, not backward.

Having a bye is such a ridiculous idea when it could be avoided.
    Were clubs given feedback as to why they were not accepted?
    Id like to see a transparent process at least at club official level so that if clubs address their failings they will be granted a NPL license.

Eg. I wonder what happened to the criteria that southy met a few years ago to get a NPL license for them to lose it.
    Do they provide kahibah and beswans and Wallsend and Toronto a list of things they need to be included?
    What happens when Valentine can't get croudace bay up to scratch in time to play their games there, do they lose their NPL license?
    So many questions.

In a good news story, congratulations to New Lambton FC for the promotion to First Div! Lots of hard work being done by the club to set up a solid base for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    This is another reason why I look at NNSWF and just shake my head, if they want the 2nd tier clubs to get into line with the NPL clubs then surely they would give them the same restrictions as in the top 20 player points system and the same age groups.
    That would be to sensible.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!