Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 1 thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2016 Zone League 1 thread

2016 Zone League 1 thread

Barnsley would like to announce that Craig Kelly has been appointed head coach for 2016 with Brad and Beaux Oakley returning to go around again. Brad will be working closely with Craig and also working on relationships and development of players from the junior club. Training will begin at our ground on the 12th of January in preparation for the FFA cup and our first trial match on the 7th of February. All existing and interested players welcome.

Warners Bay FC

2015 Grand Final Winners - Warners Bay FC are pleased to announce the return of Head Coach Mick Taylor for the 2016 season, along with assistant Troy Hooker. Warners Bay are also pleased to open brand new club and change room facilities in 2016. Training for all current and interested players will commence on Thursday the 14th of January, 6:15pm. For more information contact Mick Taylor 0431 602 630

Warners Bay FC are also calling for expressions of interest for coaching positions for reserve and third grade teams - for more information contact Senior Vice President Mark Keeping - 0404 097 433 or at markkeeping@bigpond.com.

Raymond Terrace ZL1 - 2016 training starts Thursday 21st & 28th January 6.30pm at King Park.
    It should be an exciting season for the Rangers after earning promotion from ZL2 last season!
    Ken Catford and Mick White return as coaching staff for 1st grade, with Mick Ross and Mat Catford taking on Res grade,
    Expressions of interest are welcome for 3rd grade coaching positions.
    Looking forward to catching up with returning and new players.
    All enquiries to Ken - 0458061469

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Cat View Post
    2015 Grand Final Winners - Warners Bay FC are pleased to announce the return of Head Coach Mick Taylor for the 2016 season, along with assistant Troy Hooker. Warners Bay are also pleased to open brand new club and change room facilities in 2016. Training for all current and interested players will commence on Thursday the 14th of January, 6:15pm. For more information contact Mick Taylor 0431 602 630

Warners Bay FC are also calling for expressions of interest for coaching positions for reserve and third grade teams - for more information contact Senior Vice President Mark Keeping - 0404 097 433 or at markkeeping@bigpond.com.
    Looking forward to the new changerooms!

Quote Originally Posted by WWMTD? View Post
    Looking forward to the new changerooms!
    I concur, can you fit at least 3 people in these new changerooms Black Cat?
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Anyone got the draft draw for ZL1?

Putting the feelers out to see which teams still have spots available. Things arnt looking good where I am at the moment, and just looking to see what other options I have. I'm a GK and possibly have some on field players looking to come with. Cheers Cal

Super late notice and most likely clutching at straws here, but if any all age or Zone League teams are wanting to play a trial against Hamilton Azzurri ZL3 reserve grade tomorrow night (Friday 12th), we have an opening as the team we were playing has pulled out. Field is booked for 7.00pm kick off at Rathmines Oval.

If interested don't message me on here get in contact on 0432 097 729

Cheers

How's teams shaping up this year??

CHUFC are looking OK. Everyone back from last year, picked up a couple of new blokes and about 5 from last years NEWFM squad. Pretty keen to step out on the Ath Track (boys have been working tirelessly all summer to get the pitch up to scratch, it's looking immaculate)

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    CHUFC are looking OK. Everyone back from last year, picked up a couple of new blokes and about 5 from last years NEWFM squad. Pretty keen to step out on the Ath Track (boys have been working tirelessly all summer to get the pitch up to scratch, it's looking immaculate)
    Yeah...like marking the bharstard out because the lines were faded, did the edging right around the track (looking schmick)
    then hand watering the turf patches before setting the sprinkler off up da guts!
    I earned my lemon, lime & bitters at home today, that 's for sure. Phew!
    'The Carpet' gets mowed tomorrow. (Sat)

There used to be those ads with their hook line:- "It's marvellous what a difference Milo makes."
    Well, I'm rewriting it:- "It's marvellous what a difference a mower makes."

Very, very quiet so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    Very, very quiet so far this year.
    How is everyone shaping up? Teams gain or lose players?
    Anyone will to put their balls on the line and predict anything... That will of course will get the conversation started!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Top 4 in no order:
    Kotara
    Cookers
    Warners Bay
    Stockton

Relegated:
    Nelson Bay (no logical reason)

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Top 4 in no order:
    Kotara
    Cookers
    Warners Bay
    Stockton

Relegated:
    Nelson Bay (no logical reason)
    I'll be very interested to see what Terrace are like this year. Smashed them last year in ZL2 and good result in FFA Cup. I can't believe we got rid of Westlakes & Morry roadtrips only to be replaced with trips to Barnsley & RT..... Need Hamilton, New Lambton & Merewether promoted and I can sell the car!!! We'll know better how we are travelling after our trial against our NEWFM side this Saturday. For what's it worth:
    Cookers
    Stockton
    Warners Bay
    Bero

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    I'll be very interested to see what Terrace are like this year. Smashed them last year in ZL2 and good result in FFA Cup. I can't believe we got rid of Westlakes & Morry roadtrips only to be replaced with trips to Barnsley & RT..... Need Hamilton, New Lambton & Merewether promoted and I can sell the car!!! We'll know better how we are travelling after our trial against our NEWFM side this Saturday. For what's it worth:
    Cookers
    Stockton
    Warners Bay
    Bero
    Try having a team 4 hours away (each way!) in your comp, as well as others who are (4x) 1.5hrs and 3.5hrs away!

Where's the Stockton boys this year? They're usually on the forums by now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spy View Post
    Where's the Stockton boys this year? They're usually on the forums by now.
    There all at the washtub sinking bulk piss

Newly appointed 3rd grade head coach Andrew "panda" Searles has banned the use of social media this year!

I'm sure more of our boys will show up to stir the pot once the season starts

We lost about 10 players from last year mostly from reserves and thirds. Picked up a handful of quality players and a few younger boys have stepped up into senior football as well. Our first grade squad is shaping up nicely but availability and injuries could be pretty key factors this year.

Couldn't pick 4 so went 5 in no real order after Cooks hill on top:

Cookers
    Warners Bay
    Bero
    Stocko
    Kotara