Page 62 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    atown man, nonsense is what you are thinking

Do you really think this kid is going to stay at buds ???
    He only ended up at buds because his 2015 club offered 17's, trailed at another club but missed so went to buds because they offered 19's
    Would he be playing first grade at his previous club, no chance or at any other top half club, probably not
    If he is this good then he would be looking well beyond buds minimum jets youth next year

If buds have some plan to develop youth into first graders then start with first grade, make sure it is strong so players want to play there,
    As I said token effort to try and keep him
    My reply to your post never once suggested the kid will or will not stay at Atown. i have no idea if this player will or will not be at Atown next year and beyond.

My reply was directed at you suggesting Atown are not investing heavily in youth . Can I consider this topic closed as you decided to deflect away from that point you initially raised and focus on one particular player .

I also asked you to explain how you consider a club to be strong in your opinion . Which again was a question you decided against answering.

Please don't feel the need to reply now as the moment has passed .

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Tonester
    Leave me out of this hahaha!😉

Quote Originally Posted by Atown View Post
    My reply to your post never once suggested the kid will or will not stay at Atown. i have no idea if this player will or will not be at Atown next year and beyond.

My reply was directed at you suggesting Atown are not investing heavily in youth . Can I consider this topic closed as you decided to deflect away from that point you initially raised and focus on one particular player .

I also asked you to explain how you consider a club to be strong in your opinion . Which again was a question you decided against answering.

Please don't feel the need to reply now as the moment has passed .
    Massive youth development and players being pushed into first grade at adamstown.
    Carter from magic. Littlewood from magic. Berlin from magic. Canli from jaffas. Reed from Maitland. Clements from lakes. Johnson from southy. Bitz from Charlestown. The 2 players stolen from Singleton.

Massive youth development and players being pushed into first grade at adamstown.
    Carter from magic. Littlewood from magic. Berlin from magic. Canli from jaffas. Reed from Maitland. Clements from lakes. Johnson from southy. Bitz from Charlestown. The 2 players stolen from Singleton.
    No correlation at all with topic I was discussing with previous poster.

In any case , is this any different to most other NPL teams ?
    Last edited by Atown; 01-07-2016 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown View Post
    No correlation at all with topic I was discussing with previous poster.

In any case , is this any different to most other NPL teams ?
    You are correct. No different to ANY other NPL club. Point I was trying to make was if you post on here that Atown are promoting a great youth policy why the need to attract so many players from other clubs ? Or is it you are hoping the youth program will develop players for your club to alleviate the need to sign so many players from other clubs ?

Or is it you are hoping the youth program will develop players for your club to alleviate the need to sign so many players from other clubs ?
    Isn't this why all clubs have youth development?

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Isn't this why all clubs have youth development?
    Do all clubs have youth development programs Zico ?

Do all clubs have youth development programs Zico ?
    How about predictions for 2017 NPL?
    How many teams will get licenses?

With no real knowledge I'll have a stab at what could be next season.

NPL 1
    1. Jets Youth
    2. Edgeworth
    3. Magic
    4. Hamilton
    5. Jaffas
    6. Adamstown
    7. Maitland
    8. Charlestown
    9. Lakes
    10. Weston

NPL 2
    1. Northern Inland Football
    2. Valentine
    3. Football Mid North Coast
    4. Wallsend
    5. Cooks Hill
    6. Singleton
    7. Kahibah
    8. Toronto Awaba
    9. Belswans

Relegated to Zone League for not meeting NPL licensing criteria (or not applying) Cessnock, Thornton, South Cardiff, West Wallsend.

Lakes promoted to NPL 1 for meeting criteria and winning NewFM minor premiership this year.
    Valentine relegated to NPL 2 due to lack of suitable playing facility.

FMNC and NIF introduced to NPL 2 - my mail is they are both applying for a license.

Thoughts anyone?

Won't happen, 12 team comp, lakes and Southy promoted

What's the word on New Lambton? Heard they are making a tilt for NPL2/first division?

Not sure why'd you'd consider Southy and West Wallend to not meet/apply for criteria. At this point, I've heard every New-FM club say they're applying and I've spoken to a few clubs about it in detail. Cessnock's ground will easily make the criteria, it was an NBN State League ground not that long ago and if memory serves correctly they've already got the player race that the federation are demanding.

My biggest peeve with Thornton is the lack of shelter but that's a simple fix by putting a little roof or two over the bleachers they've got there currently. Westy's ground is one of the best in the league and they'll be applying for sure.

As for NPL1, Lakes will be there and they'll be hard done by if they're not. They're the benchmark of the competition and deserve to go up regardless of finishing top or not. Valentine are in all sorts with their ground so unless they find an alternative the only option is relegation at this point.

The inclusion of NIF & FMNC will be interesting to say the least. I'm not sure how it'd be implemented though. E.G, next year there'll be different kick-off times I'd imagine for New-FM (then NPL2) where first game is at 11am. Trip to Tamworth/Armidale takes four hours roughly so to be there an 60-90 minutes before, you'd be leaving early around 6am or so. That's a big change from what we've currently got. Let's not get started on potential mid-week catch-up games (something FMNC don't have to deal with in NPL Youth as it stands).

I heard one or two Zone League sides may be applying but none really stand-out as potential inclusions as of next year. Kahibah made a big jump at the time after finishing eighth or so. I'd consider New Lambton as the strongest club with a solid junior base. A ground upgrade is needed though.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    How about predictions for 2017 NPL?
    How many teams will get licenses?

With no real knowledge I'll have a stab at what could be next season.

NPL 1
    1. Jets Youth
    2. Edgeworth
    3. Magic
    4. Hamilton
    5. Jaffas
    6. Adamstown
    7. Maitland
    8. Charlestown
    9. Lakes
    10. Weston

NPL 2
    1. Northern Inland Football
    2. Valentine
    3. Football Mid North Coast
    4. Wallsend
    5. Cooks Hill
    6. Singleton
    7. Kahibah
    8. Toronto Awaba
    9. Belswans

Relegated to Zone League for not meeting NPL licensing criteria (or not applying) Cessnock, Thornton, South Cardiff, West Wallsend.

Lakes promoted to NPL 1 for meeting criteria and winning NewFM minor premiership this year.
    Valentine relegated to NPL 2 due to lack of suitable playing facility.

FMNC and NIF introduced to NPL 2 - my mail is they are both applying for a license.

Thoughts anyone?
    NPL 1 same plus Toronto Awaba and Wallsend ( you heard it first )

No NPL2 ....all rest to zone leagues less the two country teams.

So now that applications have closed will we see the renowned transparency of NNSWFF where they indicate who has applied for licences and what the structure they are proposing will be or will it be another case of getting to November or December when most of the elite squads are in preseason and telling them sorry you aren't a part of our plans for next year so go play zone league. This will then impact on that competition as draws etc will already be in the pipeline as well as the promotions from this season.

This needs to be sorted by the end of the season as clubs attempt to re-sign players so they have the opportunity to put themselves on the market if they are not going to be playing the same level as they were this year and clubs can contest decisions if they feel they have been incorrectly classified.

Middle of September apparently, after all the GFs are over with.

Will be interesting to see what the word 'mandatory' means comes September.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    What's the word on New Lambton? Heard they are making a tilt for NPL2/first division?
    Yep they have definitely applied... Apparently NCC has given them $200k towards their upgrades of Alder Park

Banned
    What makes everyone certain the Jets will stick around??

With WSW Smurfs and Gypos playing in the Sydney Comp it is the clubs best interest to **** off out of Northern and go join the Sydney NPL

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What makes everyone certain the Jets will stick around??

With WSW Smurfs and Gypos playing in the Sydney Comp it is the clubs best interest to **** off out of Northern and go join the Sydney NPL
    Its not up to the Jets to *****off. It all depends on whether the Sydney NPL/federation let them in.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Not sure why'd you'd consider Southy and West Wallend to not meet/apply for criteria. At this point, I've heard every New-FM club say they're applying and I've spoken to a few clubs about it in detail. Cessnock's ground will easily make the criteria, it was an NBN State League ground not that long ago and if memory serves correctly they've already got the player race that the federation are demanding.

My biggest peeve with Thornton is the lack of shelter but that's a simple fix by putting a little roof or two over the bleachers they've got there currently. Westy's ground is one of the best in the league and they'll be applying for sure.

As for NPL1, Lakes will be there and they'll be hard done by if they're not. They're the benchmark of the competition and deserve to go up regardless of finishing top or not. Valentine are in all sorts with their ground so unless they find an alternative the only option is relegation at this point.

The inclusion of NIF & FMNC will be interesting to say the least. I'm not sure how it'd be implemented though. E.G, next year there'll be different kick-off times I'd imagine for New-FM (then NPL2) where first game is at 11am. Trip to Tamworth/Armidale takes four hours roughly so to be there an 60-90 minutes before, you'd be leaving early around 6am or so. That's a big change from what we've currently got. Let's not get started on potential mid-week catch-up games (something FMNC don't have to deal with in NPL Youth as it stands).

I heard one or two Zone League sides may be applying but none really stand-out as potential inclusions as of next year. Kahibah made a big jump at the time after finishing eighth or so. I'd consider New Lambton as the strongest club with a solid junior base. A ground upgrade is needed though.
    Based on grounds

Edgy
    Jafs
    Magic
    Olympic
    Weston
    Adamstown
    Lakes
    Toronto
    Maitland

Southy, azzuri, jets, Valo, ,belswans, Wallsend, all struggle in this element

By the way nice elbow by Weston guy on jafs kid midweek, can't hide on Bartv, comn nnsw have a look

Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    Not mine WB, but I do appreciate talent and what Buds are trying.
    Ok, serious question to you and Atown
    What is it that the buds are trying ??

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    Based on grounds

Edgy
    Jafs
    Magic
    Olympic
    Weston
    Adamstown
    Lakes
    Toronto
    Maitland

Southy, azzuri, jets, Valo, ,belswans, Wallsend, all struggle in this element

By the way nice elbow by Weston guy on jafs kid midweek, can't hide on Bartv, comn nnsw have a look
    Based on grounds ???

Jaffa's ...........I really don't like watching a game at Arther Edden, especially if it rains, mostly ground level, tiny stand stuck down one end
    From a players point, tiny sheds

Would be interested in how you think they are better than CCB & Southy ??

Not sure how Wallsend would "struggle" from a grounds perspective ???

Hugh undercover stand massive change rooms with seperate shower area, only issue is that it is a dog track to far away from the action