Page 95 of 127 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    What a load of bsolute rubbish especially at the point where a magic supporter spills beer on you. Maybe one of those 80 year old pensioners thought he might like to go the biff with you and would rather tip his beer on you than drink it. There are one eyed supporters at every club in the league and whose to say you aren't one of them? I could name a couple incidents in the game that in my one eyes warranted a different outcome that what was forthcoming from the man in the middle. So families had to move did they and you witnessed seeing though your at the ground every week? Where exactly were you sitting? I spent most my time on the family hill with my kids and I have never had to move. Again peddling bulldust. You would be hard pressed to attend any game at nearly any age group and not hear a few foul words. But obviously this only happens at magic. So was it one team or two teams that say near you or were you watching the replay on bar tv? Scared and intimidated? Are you serious. What a joke. At this point your fully exposed. But let's keep going. Supporters are toxic because they lump it on Haynes and the 22s and 19s. Haynes has been a fine warrior for the club over many many years and is respected immensely. I think that any player makes mistakes and from time to time gets a rousing from their own fans. Did you attend a game at the Jets last year? In any case I think the vast majority of supporters feel the pain of their players and team when things are not going as well as they should be. To say the supporters lump it on Haynes is again bulldust and the overwhelming majority of fans offer positive encouragement. Now 22s and 19s having it lumped on them. You are a goose. Again shows you don't even attend the games and you are just making things up. The Magicians comments were as a result of pizza and the disgraceful attitude of fans and a committee of a club that think that it's totally acceptable to be doing stunts like that. It's nice to be able to sit and enjoy football in the back row of a grandstand but it begs the question how dose anyone sit behind you to spill it in you?

You are against magic! Plain and simple. Because you have a mate or two in the team you should know better then to make such comments because the players love their supporters and the supporters love their team. it's one of the great things about magic having such a big supporter base and it's the passion of the team and supporters that makes the club great.

:face palm:
    Haha, thanks for "exposing me".

Re: Beer - Sorry, were you there? How would you know? It was not a pensioner and it was clear as day.

Re: One eyed supporter - No, I don't think I am, I can go and view any game in NPL and watch it as a neutral, and as I've said, I'm normally hoping Magic win some of the games I go and watch. Even when I was with a club, I could watch my club's games with a fair and balanced understanding of the game. I'm all for a little bit of passion and support, but there are people there with absolutely no idea of half of the rules and then yell abuse. Doesn't sit right with me. And you're right, it does happen at every game. People swear, good for them, These people are yelling out cursing players, threatening to fight players, yeah they probably are having a bit of a laugh with some comments, but on the whole it is a bit much. And the "RSA Marshall" just laughs at them. Anyway.

Re: One or two teams - I'm not sure, I was not the coach, there appeared to be one full team, and a hand full of parents from another team with their children coming over after playing, before making a few comments regarding the behaviour of this group and moving. "It's scary" "Why are they yelling" were comments I heard from the children nearby.

Re: Player Criticism - of course, some players play well, others have bad spells. But the comments "You're too old Haynesy", "Give it up Haynesy" don't really seem all that positive. And yes, I've heard comments towards their 19s and U22s that are rather unneeded. But anyway, don't let that stop you telling me what I've seen/experienced is wrong.

Re: Grandstand: Maybe you are showing your lack of games here, but in the grandstand with the Canteen, the back row is infront of a walkway where at the end, you'll find 20-30 supporters enjoying their beers leaning on the rails and over those sitting in the back row.

Re: Against Magic- My friends don't play for Magic. And I'm not against them. I do not doubt their supports love their players, and players enjoy the support they get, I admire Magic as a club and believe they have done great things for football in the region. My comments were in regards to a small portion of supporters, and my belief that they are obnoxious, rude and that they don't have an understanding of the rules, and while at most times they are tolerable, there are certainly times I feel they cross the line.

My original comment was tongue in cheek. Your responses aren't really doing yourself, nor the club you claim to support, much benefit. There's far more interesting/worthwhile discussions to be had. So, if you'd care to PM me, maybe we can discuss our grievances there.

Well said. Clap clap. Now apart from just being a keyboard warrior and bagging out a club can you offer some FACTS? Is it wrong for magic to be aspirational? Are clubs not in this competition to win it? Glory days are over, and yes maybe not dominating as they once did but far from being uncompetitive. I'm pretty sure magic would still be happy with a top three effort I know for a fact this has met the clubs target for the year. Of course you can't win all the time, but I have no idea how you justify a comment that they think they have a "right" to win everything. I will have to. Heck the game day program to see if they have it in there anywhere. Please let us know how you come to this conclusion, have you heard it from them or maybe they put it on a press release? And how exactly is it that they don't acknowledge the achievements of other clubs??? A very unjustifiable comment! Offer the proof! Put up or shut up! Can you tell me how other clubs acknowledged the acheiements of others that magic has not? I don't think you can so your post is just another magic hate comment without fact. I can't help but think this forum is full of green eyed monsters only when it comes to magic.
    When Azzurri beat Magic, if magic score the players are announced over the p.a, when azzurri scored (3 three times ) was never announced, and when azzurri scored the winner the scoreboard was kept at 2-2 and we all know we are not relying on a ballboy to change them scores, so yes, they do not acknowledge the achievements of other clubs. Cant speak for other games sorry, but I thought was poor form on this day and happy to be proven wrong with other visiting teams.

Well said. Clap clap. Now apart from just being a keyboard warrior and bagging out a club can you offer some FACTS? Is it wrong for magic to be aspirational? Are clubs not in this competition to win it? Glory days are over, and yes maybe not dominating as they once did but far from being uncompetitive. I'm pretty sure magic would still be happy with a top three effort I know for a fact this has met the clubs target for the year. Of course you can't win all the time, but I have no idea how you justify a comment that they think they have a "right" to win everything. I will have to. Heck the game day program to see if they have it in there anywhere. Please let us know how you come to this conclusion, have you heard it from them or maybe they put it on a press release? And how exactly is it that they don't acknowledge the achievements of other clubs??? A very unjustifiable comment! Offer the proof! Put up or shut up! Can you tell me how other clubs acknowledged the acheiements of others that magic has not? I don't think you can so your post is just another magic hate comment without fact. I can't help but think this forum is full of green eyed monsters only when it comes to magic.
    Typical response I suppose,been going to Magic games for a long time and,in my opinion,have always been ungracious winners and feral losers. You can be an apologist all you like nothing will change my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Macedonia v greeks would be simliar to Morisett v Westlakes in the day bon :")

💤💤💤💤

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    When Azzurri beat Magic, if magic score the players are announced over the p.a, when azzurri scored (3 three times ) was never announced, and when azzurri scored the winner the scoreboard was kept at 2-2 and we all know we are not relying on a ballboy to change them scores, so yes, they do not acknowledge the achievements of other clubs. Cant speak for other games sorry, but I thought was poor form on this day and happy to be proven wrong with other visiting teams.
    They did announce it as 1-0 Olympic with Bird scoring at the weekend.

Whether the Azzurri game was an oversight i was there and they didn't do it i couldn't comment as the PA operations Magic Park and their protocols are outside my area of expertise

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Oh ok so winning one game is the achievement that clubs should be acknowledging Azzuri on and this should be the basis on which we tarnish magic with because they didn't announce the goal scorers or change the scoreboard at the end of the game. I still don't see it and the way your original comment read it wasn't intended as a one game description. I have been to so many games where scores aren't changed or names announced or names announced correctly possibly deliberately mispronounced, and really i can honestly say I have never walked away feeling like a jilted lover.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Typical response I suppose,been going to Magic games for a long time and,in my opinion,have always been ungracious winners and feral losers. You can be an apologist all you like nothing will change my opinion.
    For something to be an opinion it needs to based on something. It seems your basing your opinion on your own personal bias and dislike of magic. Making statements like ungracious winners and feral losers with once again no evidence just doesn't ring true and probably just disrespectful to the players and supporters of any club. Is be interested to know if that's what the magic players think of themselves and their supporters.

For something to be an opinion it needs to based on something. It seems your basing your opinion on your own personal bias and dislike of magic. Making statements like ungracious winners and feral losers with once again no evidence just doesn't ring true and probably just disrespectful to the players and supporters of any club. Is be interested to know if that's what the magic players think of themselves and their supporters.
    It's based on personal experience over many seasons of going to Magic Park and plenty of other grounds,I don't need any other basis for my opinion.

Gold jacket, green jacket, Who gives a shit!!!

Let's move on people.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Gold jacket, green jacket, Who gives a shit!!!

Let's move on people.
    That's a bit rich coming from you,my sentiments exactly in regards to some of your posts.

Is be interested to know if that's what the magic players think of themselves and their supporters.
    Jonny Griff is that quiet that he doesnt even do they "hooray!" part in response to the "hip hip!" at birthday parties let alone carry on after a win.

Stop making yourselves look like jealous school girls.

PS hope magic pump the fake hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by mfks View Post
    i couldn't comment as the pa operations magic park and their protocols are outside my area of expertise
    ruok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I've experienced many a time where families, with children have moved away due to the behaviour, comments and language being used.
    Aren't you a south Cardiff fan?

Just read on the herald website that Daniel Bird is out for Hamilton tomorrow with facial fractures from last week's game. Throw into that Ireland and Bailey out and it's season over for Hamilton. Looking a certainty to be a Magic Edgeworth grand final now

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Just read on the herald website that Daniel Bird is out for Hamilton tomorrow with facial fractures from last week's game. Throw into that Ireland and Bailey out and it's season over for Hamilton. Looking a certainty to be a Magic Edgeworth grand final now
    Haha cop that Maitland. Edgy obviously favs but a certainty is a bit harsh.
    Also any side with Goodchild, Cooper, Spencer, Hodges etc etc etc still go alright.

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Also Virgilli got 1 week rest for his sideline tirade. Bit farcical when others in all competitions, players and coaches, have been given a minimum of two weeks. Obviously Northern don't want to jeopardise him missing the GF should they qualify.

And NNSWF continually harp on about respect for officials, this was a classic chance to show they mean buisness but no, extremely inconsistent,

Are you saying Magic are leeches from u/6s right up to first grade? That's really an over the top and offensive comment In my eyes. That comment alone shows more disrespect to the players and coaches and committee and supporters of magic than does the stupid and disrespectful act of a visiting club thinking it would be smart idea to buy pizzas and then get their kids to bring them into the ground by sliding them under fences. Discraceful both the comment and the pizzas.
    Its true. And tools like you try to defend it. A**holes like you fit right in with the egotistical culture.

Hope more people boycott the club and bring in heaps of food and drink.
    Last edited by hawk; 26-08-2016 at 06:16 PM.