Page 40 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    They have the money, they have plenty of it but poor administration cost them.
    Zics I can't disagree with you regarding administration, but the big spenders have been magic, Olympic, edgy and the jafs, and now Maitland, whereas the developing/poorer clubs like southy, lakes, Charlestown, Valentine have been up the down.

I think money rules in the NPL.

If I am way off the mark then please correct me.

The jafs spent big money to get into and now stay in the main game, it didn't come with luck it came with funds. Not being critical, it's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    Zics I can't disagree with you regarding administration, but the big spenders have been magic, Olympic, edgy and the jafs, and now Maitland, whereas the developing/poorer clubs like southy, lakes, Charlestown, Valentine have been up the down.

I think money rules in the NPL.

If I am way off the mark then please correct me.

The jafs spent big money to get into and now stay in the main game, it didn't come with luck it came with funds. Not being critical, it's just the way it is.
    You have a short memory regarding Lakes mervan. Go back 5 or so years ago when they won promotion. First year promoted they spent up big.Brad Swancott , Danny Burt, Andre Gumprecht, O'Sullivan, Brown , Jock Tannock,Sean Babic , Shane Knight just to name a few. Like Zico said, poor management and relegated within 3 years. There is nothing wrong with clubs spending money as there is no salary cap. It's whether they can sustain it long term or not

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    After 5 rounds and seeing everyone play, here are my predictions
    1st magic. They have too much firepower in the front third and are strong all over the park.
    2nd olympic. Quality squad and will push magic all the way. Best Defence in como but won't score enough goals
    3rd edgeworth. Just below the top two. Really are missing Walker and McBreen yet to score. If they are to win the comp maccas needs to start scoring
    4th maitland. Big spending on a new coach and players should see them sneak into 4th place. The addition of Clarke will help with the lack of goals
    5th Charlestown. Had a great start to the year but have had the easy side of the draw. can't see them getting many points out of edgy,magic and olympic over the next free weeks
    6th jaffas. Seem an unhappy camp since the departure of previous coach. Same playing roster as last year nearly struggling to adapt to new regime
    7th weston. Always competitive as shown by 0-0 draw with magic. Defensively sound but I can't see where their goals are coming from
    8th valentine. A few injuries will test their depth. Yet to play edgy magic or Olympic and can see one or two blowouts here.
    9th adamstown. 5 send offs in 5 games including their keeper 3 times. How do they recover from this .
    Last jets youth. Too many young players not ready for this level. Defensively poor which has a lot to do with their age. Luckily no relegation this year
    Think you are spot on Winne
    P.S i think Jaffas will do ok once Pascoe realises they aren't the jets and can't play the style he wants.

Fox Sports will be doing documentaries called, " ones to watch " as part of the PS4 Player Pathway Program, where a short documentary will be done on young players, playing NPL during the FFA Cup broadcasts later on in the year, all clubs nominated three players aged 16-20 in their senior squad.
    Two from NNSW have been selected by Fox sports and filming will be done by Adam Peacock at the Regional Football Facility.

Who was selected?
    Or will it be decided when our two representatives are decided?

Any scores from Maitland and Jets game

Maitland up 2-0 at halftime

You have a short memory regarding Lakes mervan. Go back 5 or so years ago when they won promotion. First year promoted they spent up big.Brad Swancott , Danny Burt, Andre Gumprecht, O'Sullivan, Brown , Jock Tannock,Sean Babic , Shane Knight just to name a few. Like Zico said, poor management and relegated within 3 years. There is nothing wrong with clubs spending money as there is no salary cap. It's whether they can sustain it long term or not
    Good point, but I think they ran out of money, they didn't have a real good squad when they got relegated or am I mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Goweston View Post
    Maitland up 2-0 at halftime
    Fulltime score Goweston

4-1 in the end. Goal scorers for Maitland Matt Thompson 2, Ryan broadly 1, Carl Thornton 1

Quote Originally Posted by Goweston View Post
    4-1 in the end. Goal scorers for Maitland Matt Thompson 2, Ryan broadly 1, Carl Thornton 1
    Will be interesting to see where maitland are at with Jaffas edgy and magic in the next 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Who was selected?
    Or will it be decided when our two representatives are decided?
    Aiden Bryce from Edgeworth and Jarrod Purcell from Azzuri.

After 5 rounds and seeing everyone play, here are my predictions
    1st magic. They have too much firepower in the front third and are strong all over the park.
    2nd olympic. Quality squad and will push magic all the way. Best Defence in como but won't score enough goals
    3rd edgeworth. Just below the top two. Really are missing Walker and McBreen yet to score. If they are to win the comp maccas needs to start scoring
    4th maitland. Big spending on a new coach and players should see them sneak into 4th place. The addition of Clarke will help with the lack of goals
    5th Charlestown. Had a great start to the year but have had the easy side of the draw. can't see them getting many points out of edgy,magic and olympic over the next free weeks
    6th jaffas. Seem an unhappy camp since the departure of previous coach. Same playing roster as last year nearly struggling to adapt to new regime
    7th weston. Always competitive as shown by 0-0 draw with magic. Defensively sound but I can't see where their goals are coming from
    8th valentine. A few injuries will test their depth. Yet to play edgy magic or Olympic and can see one or two blowouts here.
    9th adamstown. 5 send offs in 5 games including their keeper 3 times. How do they recover from this .
    Last jets youth. Too many young players not ready for this level. Defensively poor which has a lot to do with their age. Luckily no relegation this year
    Can see where you're coming from with your predictions but I still have a question mark about Magic. 11 of their goals have come against the Jets &Adamstown, neither of whom are setting the world alight whereas Olympic have been scoring multiple goals every game(the exception being Maitland)as well as having the best defense in the comp.This weekend will answer a few questions I'm sure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Can see where you're coming from with your predictions but I still have a question mark about Magic. 11 of their goals have come against the Jets &Adamstown, neither of whom are setting the world alight whereas Olympic have been scoring multiple goals every game(the exception being Maitland)as well as having the best defense in the comp.This weekend will answer a few questions I'm sure.
    Last year's winner Edgy got off to an average start.
    Year before same with the Jaffas

Pissants had a shocker in the HAL

Yeah Olympic have started well. Same as Magic

But titles not won in May

This weekend will more than likely expose a couple of issues for one side they are going to need to work through if they are to win the thing though

For the victor though their issues to be challenged by still await to be overcome

Wtf

someones been smoking the whoopy weed again .

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Nothing stopping them fixing the problem by recruiting in from other NPL clubs whether that be seniors of juniors to strengthen their lower grade sides.

Instead of just focusing on first grade go look at a few younger blokes at other clubs and bring them in with the view of bringing them up to first grade in 3-4 years time.

Then get around to strengthening their NPL Yoof teams so the problem is fixed permanently
    Which is probably what they will do
    And then will come further criticism that they are a buying club and that the money is what is wrong with NPL

Question to all the critics of the 💰💰💰💰 in the game

Do you realise that there are 15yo rugby league players in Newcastle that have contracts exceeding $10k pa. plus equipment, medical, physio & gym memberships

There us a 16yo in Newcastle who just signed for $40k to play cricket

Point is it's 2016 💲💲💲💲are part of what we do. Kids developing thru all sports are looking to earn money

And if it is on offer at other codes but not football than where will the kids go ???
    The game needs to pay its players, fact of life,

Surely rhys cooper would've had to have been close to that young ffa cup player watch thing

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Last year's winner Edgy got off to an average start.
    Year before same with the Jaffas

Pissants had a shocker in the HAL

Yeah Olympic have started well. Same as Magic

But titles not won in May

This weekend will more than likely expose a couple of issues for one side they are going to need to work through if they are to win the thing though

For the victor though their issues to be challenged by still await to be overcome
    I think only injuries will stop Olympic. someone sometime will test out Bertos ankles, Illusionists and Edgey wont be far behind

titles aren't won in May except for in Europe and most other countries

Anyone else down at Cahill today?