Page 27 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    He really does have terrible grammar.

Meanwhile with Clarke's appeal to be heard by the FFA tomorrow, anyone fancying his chances of being able to kit up for Maitland this weekend?
    No chance. Whilst we are on Maitland, has anyone else seen the Crowell elbow on the Herald website. Just watched the video. How is that not a red card. I hope the ref in question is dropped

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    No chance. Whilst we are on Maitland, has anyone else seen the Crowell elbow on the Herald website. Just watched the video. How is that not a red card. I hope the ref in question is dropped
    I thought the same thing, I'd love to hear the explication as to why it was only a yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I thought the same thing, I'd love to hear the explication as to why it was only a yellow.
    Sills is right in the article. Now that all games are on bar tv, clubs or the judiciary should be able to use the footage to stamp this crap out. What if the kid gets a broken jaw out of it. You can see Matt Thomson signalling the bench after it saying get Crowell off

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Sills is right in the article. Now that all games are on bar tv, clubs or the judiciary should be able to use the footage to stamp this crap out. What if the kid gets a broken jaw out of it. You can see Matt Thomson signalling the bench after it saying get Crowell off
    Exactly right. He should be ruled out for a few weeks, more then what ever Heffernan will end up with. not they type of example you want your senior players to be setting.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    You have no space after "he's" and before "Must" Tonester.
    Grammatically correct, there is a full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Exactly right. He should be ruled out for a few weeks, more then what ever Heffernan will end up with. not they type of example you want your senior players to be setting.
    Sounds like the refs are showing leniency to our former A-league players in the comp again for terrible discipline and outright outrageous challenges. Nothing new or to get surprised about, Herfield ended three seasons last year and didnt even get a card for his efforts. Heffernan must be a new inclusion to the IUCN protected species list.

Looking forward to Anzac weekend games on Sunday between Maitland and Azzuri, full day planned by the Maitland Club including the U17 playing before the U19 as well as Anzac Day festivities.

http://www.charlestowncityblues.com/

Clarke wins appeal.... FFA overturns NNSWF's suspension.... now only has to serve 4 weeks... big slap in face to NNSWF, Macquarie Football watch out! lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Clarke wins appeal.... FFA overturns NNSWF's suspension.... now only has to serve 4 weeks... big slap in face to NNSWF, Macquarie Football watch out! lol
    ****ing lolz all round.

How did they **** this up so much ??

Good decision, those at the FFA know their stuff, good job PFA

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Good decision, those at the FFA know their stuff, good job PFA
    I don't understand, he was a ring in, just like fine cotton, am I missing something.

Pleas explain, red or someone

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    My personal opinion is this is ridiculous. He should miss the season. that's my opinion. He tried to cheat the game and luckily failed, but that doesnt detract from the cheating act he committed. Then bringing the game into disrepute is insane. The lies he tried put over everyone are just embarrassing for him and Northern Football in general in my opinion.

He is a lucky boy. Luckily my opinion is worthless.

FFa also thinks nnsw is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    I don't understand, he was a ring in, just like fine cotton, am I missing something.

It makes Northern look the monkey, therefore it is good.

Though now he is off the hook wonder if he will make the same comments to the paper and social media that got him in this mess (after the cheating incident) or if he will go down the same road.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    It makes Northern look the monkey, therefore it is good.

Though now he is off the hook wonder if he will make the same comments to the paper and social media that got him in this mess (after the cheating incident) or if he will go down the same road.
    Sorry but your post just repeats itself. If one of my students gave me this it would be straight in the bin.Just proof read before posting, that's all, please.

I just thought it was a good decision, 12 months was a ridiculous amount for the crime, Good to see the PFA in support

Northern didn't know their own rules and tried to forge a 12 month ban.

Have also heard Reece Thompson had his suspension wiped
    Last edited by Newy; 22-04-2016 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Add

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I just thought it was a good decision, 12 months was a ridiculous amount for the crime, Good to see the PFA in support
    Have to disagree.
    NNSW set a good precedent and sent a clear message that cheating won't be tolerated. Now players can try their luck and know if they get caught it's only and 4-6 week suspension.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Have to disagree.
    NNSW set a good precedent and sent a clear message that cheating won't be tolerated. Now players can try their luck and know if they get caught it's only and 4-6 week suspension.
    It's not the player at fault for playing.. It's the club for playing an ineligible player.

If Hamilton Olympic don't register Kane Goodchild but he plays its Hamilton Olympic who are at fault... Not Kane

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    It's not the player at fault for playing.. It's the club for playing an ineligible player.

If Hamilton Olympic don't register Kane Goodchild but he plays its Hamilton Olympic who are at fault... Not Kane
    And you would think Northern would of known this before trying to make an example out of a player which has now made them look silly