Page 28 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I just thought it was a good decision, 12 months was a ridiculous amount for the crime, Good to see the PFA in support
    Agree.. 12 months for kicking a ball around in H grade when the team had 9 players and was going to forfeit.

He was asked by the team can be quickly Fill in.
    Silly mistake but to lose 12 months.. Ridiculous

How is it not the players fault?
    Are you saying a junior interdistrict club should be punished because an all age team, of which is managed and coached presumably by nobody involved with the committee or official proceedings of the club, played an unregistered player from a higher division.
    Your comparison to Hamilton olympic simply doesn't fit.
    The team is at fault. The player is at fault. But the way interdistrict all age teams are organised, I don't believe the club should be held accountable.
    The player knows better. That's why he lied about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newy View Post
    Agree.. 12 months for kicking a ball around in H grade when the team had 9 players and was going to forfeit.

It's not the fact he played, that deserves the 12 months. It's the fact he publicly lied about it only to backtrack when caught out.

Deserves 12 months or more IMO.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    How is it not the players fault?
    Are you saying a junior interdistrict club should be punished because an all age team, of which is managed and coached presumably by nobody involved with the committee or official proceedings of the club, played an unregistered player from a higher division.
    Your comparison to Hamilton olympic simply doesn't fit.
    The team is at fault. The player is at fault. But the way interdistrict all age teams are organised, I don't believe the club should be held accountable.
    The player knows better. That's why he lied about it.
    Sorry.
    Should of said team not club

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    It's not the fact he played, that deserves the 12 months. It's the fact he publicly lied about it only to backtrack when caught out.

Deserves 12 months or more IMO.
    when did he lie about it?
    Pretty sure he pleaded guilty

Article in Newcastle Herald about the young kid from Queensland who has a medical condition. Good news that he is on the mend.

Absolutely nothing personal, but how pathetic is our youth development system that we continue to bring in kids from all over the place to play Jets Youth? For what was once the heartland of football, this is a disgrace to Notthern NSW Football. They should be ashamed. Makes an absolute mockery of the E. Jets.

I can draw no other conclusion on the state of our youth development other than to say it is obviously a complete basket case, and in need of a complete overhaul!

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Article in Newcastle Herald about the young kid from Queensland who has a medical condition. Good news that he is on the mend.

Absolutely nothing personal, but how pathetic is our youth development system that we continue to bring in kids from all over the place to play Jets Youth? For what was once the heartland of football, this is a disgrace to Notthern NSW Football. They should be ashamed. Makes an absolute mockery of the E. Jets.

I can draw no other conclusion on the state of our youth development other than to say it is obviously a complete basket case, and in need of a complete overhaul!
    I do not know how many in the youth development are from "outside" but if it si one or two why should we not have them if they are good enough.

Youth, Community and Club engagement - Developing locals.

Clearly you are Magpie supporter.
    12months was far to much but 4 weeks is a joke. Maybe it was the severity of the suspension that in the end has bought NNSWF undone, I would have been comfortable with 6 months but I suppose once they take time served into account he would have already served close to or more than that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Clearly you are Magpie supporter.
    12months was far to much but 4 weeks is a joke. Maybe it was the severity of the suspension that in the end has bought NNSWF undone, I would have been comfortable with 6 months but I suppose once they take time served into account he would have already served close to or more than that anyway.

Nope just a football bogan who loves the beautiful game.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepatch View Post
    Nope just a football bogan who loves the beautiful game.
    I wasn't quoting you, read the quote I was referring to or are you a multi and forgot which account you logged into

On social media and to the Herald.

Also it was in a Semi-Final and he filled in for a team he had nothing to do with all season and he was registered with a completely different Club.

He cheated, the team he filled in for cheated, he got caught lying then had the nerve to criticize NNSW based on his lies yet only gets a slap on the wrist.

It's a slap in the face to all the Players, Teams, Committee and Clubs that follow the rules and now anyone can do the same and only receive a 4-6 week suspension.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    I do not know how many in the youth development are from "outside" but if it si one or two why should we not have them if they are good enough.
    1 or 2 agreed, there were more than that there this year.

Sep 13 from The Herald:

Clarke responded angrily to the allegation over the weekend, saying he was not the ineligible player and it was in fact Nic Harmon.

Clarke said he was at the game in question to watch a friend play and he had a ‘‘kick-around’’ with Adamstown before the match but did not put on an Adamstown strip and take part in the semi-final.

Harmon backed up Clarke’s statement, saying he also went to the game to watch but took the field when the team had only nine players.

Adamstown Junior Football Club treasurer and registrar Margaret Toohey said her club did not condone the fielding of unregistered players and she was determined to help officials identify the culprit.

‘‘I don’t care who it is, but I’ll definitely nail whoever it is," Toohey said.

‘‘Anyone who knows me knows I’m the world’s biggest advocate against illegal players.

‘‘They all know the rules of the game, and whoever has done this needs to be taught a good lesson.’
    Nov 6 from The Herald:

Clarke told the Herald on Friday that he had not received notification of a suspension but, if he did, would ‘‘probably challenge it’’.
    Jan 21 from The Herald:

"Northern NSW Football has alleged that Ryan Clarke has breached the national code of conduct by making false and misleading statements,” NNSWF boss David Eland said on Thursday. “And it’s Northern NSW Football’s view that the comments he made in the Newcastle Herald have certainly tarnished the reputation of the sport and left a lot people wondering just what’s going on.”

Asked if the alleged implication of the other player was at the heart of NNSWF’s concerns, Eland said: “It’s a false and misleading statement. That’s at the essence of it.”
    Feb 2 from The Herald:

NORTHERN NSW Football is understood to have suspended Maitland first-grader Ryan Clarke for 12 months for making “misleading” public statements after he played as a ring-in in an H-grade interdistrict all-age semi-final.

Clarke was banned for 12 months in November for playing for Adamstown Junior Football Club against Kahibah in August last year.

In September, Clarke told the Herald that he did not play in the game and the illegal player was Nick Harmon, who backed up the claim.

The Herald was told Macquarie Football, which handles interdistrict discipline, had received evidence from witnesses who said Clarke was the player.

Clarke’s ban was cut to four games on appeal, but NNSWF then charged him for breaches of the FFA code of conduct.

“Ryan Clarke has been issued with a code of conduct sanction notification for breaches of the FFA national code of conduct regulations on two specific charges,” NNSWF said in a statement on Tuesday.

“The first is the making of a false claim and the second a charge for conduct, behavior or statement that materially injures the reputation and goodwill of FFA or football generally.

“Northern NSW Football through its objects is charged with the responsibility of protecting the game from abuse.

“NNSWF has determined that Mr Clarke made misleading statements in the public domain which falsely implicated another individual in response to an allegation that Mr Clarke participated as an ineligible player in a H-grade semi-final on 22 August 2015.

“Mr Clarke subsequently pleaded guilty to playing as an ineligible player on appeal.

“Mr Clarke’s behavior was an abuse of the game’s fundamental principles of fairness and honesty with his actions undermining the code’s integrity and reputation.”

Clarke has appealed against the new ban.
    Let's be real here - it's not the fact that he played for Adamstown Allage that's the issue. It's that he publicly lied about it, only to tell the truth after he'd been caught out. The charges that NNSW are bringing down, or tried to, are for bringing the game into disrepute with misleading and false comments.
    OK

Sep 13 from The Herald:

Nov 6 from The Herald:

Jan 21 from The Herald:

Feb 2 from The Herald:

Let's be real here - it's not the fact that he played for Adamstown Allage that's the issue. It's that he publicly lied about it, only to tell the truth after he'd been caught out. The charges that NNSW are bringing down, or tried to, are for bringing the game into disrepute with misleading and false comments.
    Wow, says it all doesn't it.
    Unfortunately talking about in on a forum isn't going to change the outcome, just sets a precedence for any future NNSW disrepute claims.
    Can he play on Sunday ?

Sep 13 from The Herald:

Nov 6 from The Herald:

Jan 21 from The Herald:

Feb 2 from The Herald:

ok... I was told differently. wil say there doesn't seem to be any direct quotes though.

ok... I was told differently. wil say there doesn't seem to be any direct quotes though.
    With Clarke all lawyered up etc you'd think if any of the articles had false comments, he'd be going after The Herald for slander. I guess if that's the case, we'll hear about that soon too.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post

Nearly all the local NPL clubs bring players in from outside the region, does this mean their youth policy doesn't work, can't see much difference to what the e jets are doing

Edgeworth 6 Jets Youth 1
    Olympic 2 Jaffas 2
    Buds 3 Valo 1
    Magic 4 Weston 2
    Azzuri 2 Maitland 1

Really think Azzuri v Maitland will be match of the round

Let's be real here - it's not the fact that he played for Adamstown Allage that's the issue. It's that he publicly lied about it, only to tell the truth after he'd been caught out. The charges that NNSW are bringing down, or tried to, are for bringing the game into disrepute with misleading and false comments.[/QUOTE]

All the complaining in the world won't change this but NNSWFF have crapped in their own nest by changing the original decision by the Interdistrict board rather than supporting the association in its original decision to ban him for twelve months. Once again NNSWFF have put the elite NPL competition above the correct moral decision and shown the contempt they have for those who are the backbone of the region. They need to realise that without the players from these districts their lavish lifestyle in their ivory tower would be non-existent.