Page 104 of 127 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    IMO there's nothing that Lyall Peacock has that Weston's ground doesn't. Except for a rugby league team to fixture around.
    Except new canteen, new toilet facilities, separate bar, bigger grandstand, proper hills, water views ( tongue in cheek ) more parking and training fields for BOTH teams just out back of dressing sheds ??

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    It's Toronto. Enough said.
    Isn't it Trono?

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Except new canteen, new toilet facilities, separate bar, bigger grandstand, proper hills, water views ( tongue in cheek ) more parking and training fields for BOTH teams just out back of dressing sheds ??
    Agree Toronto (or Trono for the locals) would be capable.
    The biggest issue I have is I find it extremely annoying to see League markings on a football field.

NNSWF won't like it though because they don't have an enclosed, airconditioned, bar serviced, VIP area as per Magic and Edgeworth.
    This my friends is the REAL reason these clubs get the big games...

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    The biggest issue I have is I find it extremely annoying to see League markings on a football field.

NNSWF won't like it though because they don't have an enclosed, airconditioned, bar serviced, VIP area as per Magic and Edgeworth.
    Toronto's media box isn't that much of a step down from what you'd see upstairs at Edgeworth. Chuck some catering tables up there and a mini-bar or something and it's a decent VIP area. I could see Toronto hosting New-FM/2nd Tier GF's. BarTV could set up in the top of the grandstand as they would with a Macquarie Scorpions league game. I don't know how many VIP's they had at NPL GF but they could have fitted most of their New-FM GF Day VIP's up in the Toronto box.

I do agree though, the field markings are pretty distracting. Doesn't affect the game but just ruins the look of the field. And for what it's worth, it's a quality surface considering it's a dual-code field. Puts Cahill Oval to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Toronto's media box isn't that much of a step down from what you'd see upstairs at Edgeworth. Chuck some catering tables up there and a mini-bar or something and it's a decent VIP area. I could see Toronto hosting New-FM/2nd Tier GF's. BarTV could set up in the top of the grandstand as they would with a Macquarie Scorpions league game. I don't know how many VIP's they had at NPL GF but they could have fitted most of their New-FM GF Day VIP's up in the Toronto box.

I do agree though, the field markings are pretty distracting. Doesn't affect the game but just ruins the look of the field. And for what it's worth, it's a quality surface considering it's a dual-code field. Puts Cahill Oval to shame.
    My backyard puts Cahill Oval to shame.

They do have a great enclosed air conditioned room above the canteen, not a dance hall like magics and I cant comment on the eagles nest but it fitted 50 of us clowns up there on old boys day.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Always good to have good lighting for daytime Grand Finals
    Sorry more thinking about the jets/FFA cup games they get to host

The whole point is to not need the prettiest or biggest ground or biggest beer hall. As long as a reasonably major ground is chosen, the crowd can fit, canteen operates and the usual ground rules (lights) are abided by then a GF can be held or shared by all clubs, even grounds that may not be in the nbn league. If broadmedow gets the ffa game then no major final is fair.

Huge canteen sales etc can be shared around but some dont want that and thats where the war starts and continues.
    Last edited by hawk; 08-09-2016 at 11:36 PM.

Some big names to Adamstown, could be a force.

I would expect more activity after September 20th when the announcement is made.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post

I would expect more activity after September 20th when the announcement is made.
    What names ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post

With the PPS being lowered to 180 points for next year , NPL clubs won't be able to bring in many players. Remember all the rumours a few weeks ago about 5 Magic players going to Jaffas and now you hear nothing about. Doesn't matter how much money a club has you can only fit so many players under 180 points. And if every new player a club signs from another NPL club being worth 15 points , do the math. PPS will finally come into play now it is down to 180. Gone will be the days of clubs signing 5 , 6 or 7 new players every year

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Jamie Byrnes to Weston
    Peter McPherson to Olympic
    Scott Carter to Valentine
    Michael Finlayson to Jaffas
    Ben Kelly to Edgeworth
    Has Fogarty been punted from edgy

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    After watching the FFA CUP game against WSW and the Grand Final against Magic he should be

Most rumors are always someone going to a club.

This is odd that you suggest that someone is going to be punted. I don't think I've ever heard this on the forum.

What makes you think this?

From memory in the past few years Weston Adamstown and Hamilton have also hosted grand final days.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    Most rumors are always someone going to a club.

This is odd that you suggest that someone is going to be punted. I don't think I've ever heard this on the forum.

What makes you think this?
    Why would another first grade keeper Go to a club where the current keeper has featured in the last two grand final wins?

Why would another first grade keeper Go to a club where the current keeper has featured in the last two grand final wins?
    Maybe Kelly wants to win a comp. Maybe Zane knows he needs to keep improving his squad. IMO Kelly is a better keeper than Fogarty

I am only speculating here, but perhaps he was looking to leave his current club (due to being replaced by the new coach at his previous club) and was offered the opportunity to go to the reigning premiers and though to himself 'I am better than the current guy'.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Maybe Kelly wants to win a comp. Maybe Zane knows he needs to keep improving his squad. IMO Kelly is a better keeper than Fogarty
    exhibit A, that 1st give away goal

Banned
    the club submitted a complaint to Northern NSW Football on Friday about alleged abusive and foul language aimed at Edgeworth supporters and their coaching staff during the 2-1 victory over Broadmeadow at Magic Park last Sunday.
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/41...plaint/?cs=306
    A good reason to take the all major games away from these parasites