Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Looking forward to what Azzuri can do this year, with Josh Maguire back there, smithy, tully, hughes, sulini, ross, bitz all experience, plus some good central coast boys, frame looks ok, bradshaw will go ok when fit, some good 22s finally putting pressure on the first graders , Shane Pryce seems to be a very good coach, where i think they will play with a new system this year.

Add in, the boss, who i think has done a great job, taking abit of a step back with Young dinardo now president and more then ten blokes on the committee for a change, i truly believe they will be back in their glory days in the near future. May help getting some players back there, if that was the reason players werent knocking on the door like the old days.

Good vibe up there at the moment .........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    If the players that have been at them clubs for five years or more played for another club, that would make that club strong as well...... point is players flock to one club to win championships and $$$ , if all them players played in a orange shirt, light blue shirt or a black and white striped shirt would that club be just as successful.
    Until the $$$ run out yes

Looking forward to what Azzuri can do this year, with Josh Maguire back there, smithy, tully, hughes, sulini, ross, bitz all experience, plus some good central coast boys, frame looks ok, bradshaw will go ok when fit, some good 22s finally putting pressure on the first graders , Shane Pryce seems to be a very good coach, where i think they will play with a new system this year.

Add in, the boss, who i think has done a great job, taking abit of a step back with Young dinardo now president and more then ten blokes on the committee for a change, i truly believe they will be back in their glory days in the near future. May help getting some players back there, if that was the reason players werent knocking on the door like the old days.

Think Ross has gone
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Cheap entry for player supporter groups? You'll make it back on the bar
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Big call that Maitland have recruited best out of any NPL team . Unless they have a few signings i haven't heard about?
    I would think either Magic or Olympic but just my opinion.
    MAGIC - Jarryd Johnson, Shane Paul ,James Virgili and will have Alex Kanta back
    OLYMPIC- Leo Bertos, Daniel Bird, Joel Witherdin and Tom Spencer
    Agreed, besides the Thornton brothers and Russell, not sure who else going to Maitland?

Jets
    Olympic
    Magic
    Edgy
    Atown
    Jaffas
    Maitland
    Weston
    Azzuri
    Valo

[QUOTE=hamburgler;141500]Agreed, besides the Thornton brothers and Russell, not sure who else going to Maitland?[/QUOTE

Who plays left back out of Liam Thornton and Nic Russell

[QUOTE=winner;141515]
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Agreed, besides the Thornton brothers and Russell, not sure who else going to Maitland?[/QUOTE

I think Liam Thornton plays left back

[QUOTE=winner;141515]
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Agreed, besides the Thornton brothers and Russell, not sure who else going to Maitland?[/QUOTE

Brock Oakley

I've been hearing plenty about Azzuri and Olympic having strong 22's. Magic will be up there in the 22's also but nothing from the other clubs or the 19's comp, any thoughts who have the strongest lower grades?

[QUOTE=Zico;141540]
    Brock Oakley
    Go back 2 years ago when piggo took Weston to 2nd place and the gf and in his backline he had Brock Oakley right back , Carl Thornton centre half , Liam Thornton left back. I think you can see Maitland's backline taking shape

I'm Interested in valentine's youth teams and how they shape up. Valo were very very competitive in the younger ages over the years and it could be a good indication of the impact that relegation has on clubs and their youth players/development.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I'm Interested in valentine's youth teams and how they shape up. Valo were very very competitive in the younger ages over the years and it could be a good indication of the impact that relegation has on clubs and their youth players/development.
    It will be an interesting season ahead to judge how clubs will go with the new (ridiculous) reshape of 18's and 20's next season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    It will be an interesting season ahead to judge how clubs will go with the new (ridiculous) reshape of 18's and 20's next season.
    What exactly is ridiculous about the reshape??

We have had 18s before

The 20s is a first from memory

Reality is the FFA are pushing this through across the country as the way ahead. You can moan all you like about it but it is being done to further the game in this country not to look after 25 year old players who aren't good enough for first grade in the NPL
    Last edited by hawk; 07-01-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What exactly is ridiculous about the reshape??

We have had 18s before

The 20s is a first from memory

Reality is the FFA are pushing this through across the country as the way ahead. You can moan all you like about it but it is being done to further the game in this country not to look after 25 year old players who ain't good enough for first grade in the NPL
    Just agree to disagree

When do NPL clubs start pre season training

When do NPL clubs start pre season training
    What is wrong with it.. If you are not good enough to play 1st grade from the 20's then go play in another grade. It supposed to be an elite (albeit Hunter area) comp is it not???

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    What is wrong with it.. If you are not good enough to play 1st grade from the 20's then go play in another grade. It supposed to be an elite (albeit Hunter area) comp is it not???
    I feel like winner is being harshly treated there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    I feel like winner is being harshly treated there lol.
    You're not wrong Immersion. I only asked when pre season training started. Sorry for asking a question De Champ

You're not wrong Immersion. I only asked when pre season training started. Sorry for asking a question De Champ
    my apologies, I must have been pissed and pressed the wrong quote to reply to. Should have been Zico's re his reply to MFKS. I must be pissed....agreeing with MFKS...