Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NEW FM League thread

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    agree with the speed and counter attack like play! will put them in great shape come finals

Lakes would classify that as an upset so would 90% of people who follow this comp, just my opinion though...
    Beat the team once.... call it an "upset".
    Beat the team twice.... it must be luck?????

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Beat the team once.... call it an "upset".
    Beat the team twice.... it must be luck?????

Just beat them when it counts big victory for belswans and they will back it up on the weekend im assuming playing an out of form cookers side, backing them in this week Sancho?

^^^^
    Cessnock beating Belswans, now that was an upset (probably of the season) a few weeks back!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Fantastic day at ulinga yesterday, huge turn out for old boys day and the young first grade team put in a great performance, futures looking bright
    Great to hear good news coming out of Southy FR, how many old boys turned up ?

could be some big scores this weekend!

Lakes to win by 5+, Sam Walker will cut through them, a coach will clearly found out on Lyall Peacock

Kahibah to win well vs westy

Belswans to by 4, cookers on the slide

Interesting watching Newyty TV this week, a kid from Cessnock, I think, played all four games on the one day, 17,19,23 & 1st grade

Great effort and I'm sure Newyty can tell us more

My question is do you think this could happen in NPL ??
    I don't think it could........aside from the 17's playing a different day and time

A younger player at NPL 19's has to earn a starting position first, then consolidate that, he then might be asked to train with 22's/ senior squad but would do that for some time before maybe getting a bench start ........1st grade.......well u would imagine that would be very difficult and defineatly not all in the one day

So what does this say about the std of New FM??

Just interested in others thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    could be some big scores this weekend!

Lakes to win by 5+, Sam Walker will cut through them, a coach will clearly found out on Lyall Peacock

Kahibah to win well vs westy

Belswans to by 4, cookers on the slide
    I think said coach was found out weeks ago. 32 goals to 5 in their last six games says a lot. Heard some changes for Cooks Hill this week so maybe closer than one would think. Then again thought the same thing last week after a decent first half. Top four looking set in stone at this stage. Premiership race will be a tight one though.

And to Why Blue, yes Cessnock 17's striker played all four games, admittedly only 10 minutes off of bench for 1st but still an achievement. His dad played footy for Balmain so kid is athletic but a big ask. I doubt you'd see it in NPL.

I don't think it says anything about the standard. This is the team that sit bottom of the table. Wouldn't see it at Lakes. Wallsend wouldn't do it, Kahibah wouldn't. There's no-one at those three clubs I can think of in 17's that'd play 1st grade this year. Sure there's long term future first graders but it's something I've only seen Cessnock do. Cooks Hill have done well promoting younger players as have Thornton and Singleton. Playing all games as far as I'm concerned is a rare one-off.
    Last edited by NewyTy; 27-05-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Ok, take on board your comments and agree that it was a rare occurance and unlikely to happen at a stronger club, maybe if the kid has a bit of potential he needs to go to one of the stronger clubs

I know Cooks Hill have tried promoting younger players, but do you think it has worked ?? Or do they have deeper issues.
    One I know who has recently been promoted, last two games has not had a good time if it, couple of big lopsided results, but this is part of my question re std of NewFM, same kid couldn't get a start at his NPLclub in 19's .....goes to NewFM and plays 1st grade ???
    One at Kahibah the same, probably more

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    I think said coach was found out weeks ago. 32 goals to 5 in their last six games says a lot. Heard some changes for Cooks Hill this week so maybe closer than one would think. Then again thought the same thing last week after a decent first half. Top four looking set in stone at this stage. Premiership race will be a tight one though.

And to Why Blue, yes Cessnock 17's striker played all four games, admittedly only 10 minutes off of bench for 1st but still an achievement. His dad played footy for Balmain so kid is athletic but a big ask. I doubt you'd see it in NPL.

I don't think it says anything about the standard. This is the team that sit bottom of the table. Wouldn't see it at Lakes. Wallsend wouldn't do it, Kahibah wouldn't. There's no-one at those three clubs I can think of in 17's that'd play 1st grade this year. Sure there's long term future first graders but it's something I've only seen Cessnock do. Cooks Hill have done well promoting younger players as have Thornton and Singleton. Playing all games as far as I'm concerned is a rare one-off.

Hmmm interesting Ty

I know both coach and assistant coach and previously when they coached at separate clubs Weston and Toronto, they gave youth an opportunity, at Toronto a few are pushing first grade now from the opportunity and the other is playing well at Lakes 17s

You happy to see Youth being pushed at Cooks Hill, Ty?

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Interesting watching Newyty TV this week, a kid from Cessnock, I think, played all four games on the one day, 17,19,23 & 1st grade

Great effort and I'm sure Newyty can tell us more

My question is do you think this could happen in NPL ??
    I don't think it could........aside from the 17's playing a different day and time

A younger player at NPL 19's has to earn a starting position first, then consolidate that, he then might be asked to train with 22's/ senior squad but would do that for some time before maybe getting a bench start ........1st grade.......well u would imagine that would be very difficult and defineatly not all in the one day

So what does this say about the std of New FM??

Just interested in others thoughts
    Heard Cessnock had about 10 players out of their first grade/23s teams that day, could explain it.

The best kids regardless of what Comp it is, pretty much go straight to first grade. If you are good enough, you are old enough is the old saying.
    Last edited by The Postman; 27-05-2016 at 05:09 PM.

Cessnock did indeed have a few out but the youngster in question is a handy attacker and has four goals in the last two weeks, two of which were crackers. Whether he'd cut it at a stronger club I guess we don't know.

Cooks Hill have done well with youth this year. That kid in question Why Blue was subbed off at the weekend despite in my honest opinion showing much more heart than another midfielder by his side who's attitude on and off field should see him benched. That's poor coaching and I'm hoping for a few changes this week. It wasn't that long ago that the Cookers got toweled up by Belswans and they won't want to do the same.

Toronto do seem to be looking ahead to next year and beyond. They've got forward-thinking people behind the scenes and are scouting to bring back a few locals, some of them young and high potential. Toronto and the West Lake area has produced quality in the past and it'd be great to see the club retain some of those players from now on and become a force.

Cessnock did indeed have a few out but the youngster in question is a handy attacker and has four goals in the last two weeks, two of which were crackers. Whether he'd cut it at a stronger club I guess we don't know.

Cooks Hill have done well with youth this year. That kid in question Why Blue was subbed off at the weekend despite in my honest opinion showing much more heart than another midfielder by his side who's attitude on and off field should see him benched. That's poor coaching and I'm hoping for a few changes this week. It wasn't that long ago that the Cookers got toweled up by Belswans and they won't want to do the same.

Toronto do seem to be looking ahead to next year and beyond. They've got forward-thinking people behind the scenes and are scouting to bring back a few locals, some of them young and high potential. Toronto and the West Lake area has produced quality in the past and it'd be great to see the club retain some of those players from now on and become a force.
    Who are coaches at Toronto ? unfortunately its always been hard for the club to attract players, and keep juniors. Theres a age group of kids turning 18yo this year, of kids doing real well in NPL. One getting First grade time at Azzuri, one in 22s at azzuri, one first grade Kahibah ( admittedly Newfm ) , one Edgy 22s and the other U18 emerging jets, add in the minor boys from Coal Point, Remmo, Jobe, Mcpherson etc etc all being T/A juniors but had to play elsewhere at a higher level. Hard to get them back but with the right bloke running the place, like there is now, they will get back to the top one day

Had some time to sit down and watch the Kahibah v CHUFC replay the other night and agree. The little blonde kid (no 5 I think) in the middle of the park was a real positive, worked hard, tidy on the ball certainly has potential. The bloke I assume you're referring to sitting in the hole behind the striker was awful. Some of the worst body language I've seen. I've seen slugs with higher work rates. Pretty poor from a supposed marquee signing. Overall I thought CHUFC's effort was good just really lacking a target up front (Pete from last year). They held the ball for decent periods but everytime they tried to cross hallfway the ball just came straight back. Hard to play football with no one giving you a focal point up top. A high quality hit man would be the difference between them pushing for top 4 and where they are currently. Hard to attract that level of strikers, just not that many floating around Newcastle.
    I think there's plenty to build on they might need to be more careful which players they bring into the club, I'd prefer to see them bring these young fellas from 17's & 19's through who are CHUFC juniors with a sprinkling of older heads. Might take a couple of years but only way they'll develop a culture and be successful without bags of cash.
    Anyway just my thoughts.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Great to hear good news coming out of Southy FR, how many old boys turned up ?
    I think about 30 mate, it really was a great arvo, a few old boys did some canvassing to make sure people knew about it, although the result didn't go our way it was so encouraging watching 19/ 20 year olds play a decent style of footy, Andrew packer deserves to coach higher as his doing a fantastic job, his back ground speaks for itself, hopefully they'll regain entry to NPL next year

Toronto have Tony Jovcevski as coach who has admitted that he has a work schedule that sometimes makes it difficult to get the right job done. Haven't personally met the guy so can't be too harsh but I'd say they'll be looking at options for next year. That's from outside looking in. They do have a more solid structure this year off the field and behind the scenes.

Cooks Hill need a striker. Peter Pryce last year would have been the answer but unfortunately he works in Sydney so he wasn't able to commit this season. I'm assuming you mean the CAM who has been poor for someone with such a highly-regarded name but I'm talking about the CDM alongside the youngster. The engine room of the team and two of the three don't even look like they want to be there. I have a feeling the 23's striker will start on Sunday with Sparre to go wide and use his pace. That's the move I'd make. Drop the CAM and CDM to the bench as well.

You only need to look at a club like Singleton to prove what Cooks Hill should be doing. Instead of paying top $$$ to bring in former Socceroos for kids training camps, why not bring maybe the one former Jet (Griff?) and then a few of the club's First Graders. Gives the younger club members a chance to get to know the top side and aspire to be like them. Kahibah did extremely well last weekend with having its juniors involved in the match day feeling and I think that's the first step that should be taken.
    Last edited by NewyTy; 28-05-2016 at 04:19 PM.

It was so encouraging watching 19/ 20 year olds play a decent style of footy, hopefully they'll regain entry to NPL next year
    Quick look at the table says lakes kahibah, Wallsend and bel swans would all be pissed if this happened in front of any of these teams, all out performing southy through out the age groups..........and don't start about facilities.....or the over achieving centre of excellence.......ffs

Quick look at the table says lakes kahibah, Wallsend and bel swans would all be pissed if this happened in front of any of these teams, all out performing southy through out the age groups..........and don't start about facilities.....or the over achieving centre of excellence.......ffs
    For those who aren't in the know, NPL promotion next year has Jack. To do with results, lakes are considered a shoe in, the other spot is up for grabs, having a current NPL license is a good look, I could be wrong but who knows, you need to get over the gunners, your continual bashing of a them is starting to make you look a little foolish, again

For those who aren't in the know, NPL promotion next year has Jack. To do with results, lakes are considered a shoe in, the other spot is up for grabs, having a current NPL license is a good look, I could be wrong but who knows, you need to get over the gunners, your continual bashing of a them is starting to make you look a little foolish, again

Appreciate the update from such a well connected individual, those of us who aren't in the know can only aspire to reach your level

As I have said before, many times, I am very comfortable with my thinking being polar opposite to yours..........

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Who are coaches at Toronto ? unfortunately its always been hard for the club to attract players, and keep juniors. Theres a age group of kids turning 18yo this year, of kids doing real well in NPL. One getting First grade time at Azzuri, one in 22s at azzuri, one first grade Kahibah ( admittedly Newfm ) , one Edgy 22s and the other U18 emerging jets, add in the minor boys from Coal Point, Remmo, Jobe, Mcpherson etc etc all being T/A juniors but had to play elsewhere at a higher level. Hard to get them back but with the right bloke running the place, like there is now, they will get back to the top one day
    I remember when stags had that age group, you and others from stags approached morriset & west lakes about combining one team in each age group to play A grade
    Not a bad idea, just couldn't get the ego's to agree, west lakes had not a bad group of boys two yrs younger I think from memory and the then president, whose son was in that group was never going to let his kid out of his control, killed it dead......stupid in the end......kids eventually left, Macquarie wanted them to play in an A grade team, so in the end stags west lakes all lost thier talented kids

Appreciate the update from such a well connected individual, those of us who aren't in the know can only aspire to reach your level

As I have said before, many times, I am very comfortable with my thinking being polar opposite to yours..........
    I heard your straight jacket fitted well, I'm glad your comfortable