Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NEW FM League thread

***Enough***

We know the top tier(s) arent perfect and fees are outrageous, and 1st teams are sometimes mercenaries but this discussion is finished.

yay good call , watch westy play Kahibah , westy wanted win more and caused the upset . PS, THERE ARE SOME DICKHEADS on this feed

Westy result makes me wish I went there to watch. Was out at Lyall Peacock (Toronto v Lakes) and the scores were:

1st Grade: 6-0 Lakes (Stags started well but completely played off the park in second half. Not sure where the answers come from. Six or seven straight heavy losses.)
    23's: 5-0 Lakes (Again same story, one-sided. Stags lack a goalscorer and have been competitive in recent weeks...just not today.)
    19's: 2-0 Lakes (Sounds close but Lakes should have had more. Had a key winger and top scorer out as well)
    17's: 2-1 Toronto (Big win that changes the lead at the top of the table. Stags wanted it more and treated it as a true derby. Fun game to watch.)

Toronto have a major problem of not being able to play 90 minutes, it was a back and forth match for about 35 or so. Has been the pattern the last few weeks.

It was pleasing to see so many locals playing though, was told that it was 7 juniors starting all aged 18-20 and 3 more who came off the bench.

Young kids learning some tough lessons who will be better for it in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ker-Plunk View Post
    yay good call , watch westy play Kahibah , westy wanted win more and caused the upset . PS, THERE ARE SOME DICKHEADS on this feed
    West Wallsend have turned their season around with 4 wins and a draw from their last 5 games. They seem to be a lot more creative since Rowey took Olivieri out of centre half and pushed him into midfield. A great move . While the big fellas pace was hurting them defensively, his touch and vision in midfield makes adds something different to the group that they didn't have before. His turn between 2 players against Cessnock a weeks ago was sublime .

Toronto are doing well behind the scenes as I've said countless times. They'll be a side to watch next year and beyond if they can get some of the names they want into the club. Today they met a very tough team to play against and learnt a lesson about not playing beyond the first twenty or thirty minutes of the game. On the field it looks bleak but I for one can see the potential.

And yes Westy have turned it around. I hadn't thought to put so much of that to Olivieri's move to midfield but that seems to have played a large part. Credit to young Van Kemenade who has come into the squad and slotted in well at CB. All's going well there and definitely a dark horse for finals football. Beating Kahibah is a start. Big test away to Lakes next week. Westy's home form is quality, away from home I'm not sure just yet.

Any big talking points from the weekend?

Stags towelled up again, the defence and goal keeper must be hating the 3 at the back system that TJ seems to play? Surely they would realise the system isn't working?

Cessnock and Southy 4-4 draw

Cooks Hill down 2-0 early and battled back against belswans, seen newysports review, and must of been good for the coach and assistant to see the kids having a go....

TY- much happier with the closer game this week lol

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Toronto are doing well behind the scenes as I've said countless times. They'll be a side to watch next year and beyond if they can get some of the names they want into the club. Today they met a very tough team to play against and learnt a lesson about not playing beyond the first twenty or thirty minutes of the game. On the field it looks bleak but I for one can see the potential.

And yes Westy have turned it around. I hadn't thought to put so much of that to Olivieri's move to midfield but that seems to have played a large part. Credit to young Van Kemenade who has come into the squad and slotted in well at CB. All's going well there and definitely a dark horse for finals football. Beating Kahibah is a start. Big test away to Lakes next week. Westy's home form is quality, away from home I'm not sure just yet.
    NW is apparently doing a great job at the stags as I knew he would, it is all great having locals play for the club, but the problems come, if they are not up to it, as they obviously aren't just yet, they get thrown in to First Grade, they all of a sudden think, im a first grader now, its when NW and committee recruit some experience and these young locals have to go back to 23s/19s for a couple of years they get their nose out of joint. Trust me I have seen kids play first grade at Toronto that really weren't ready, if they ever would be, bu ti have faith in NW and I hope these young locals hang around if the experienced out of towners come in. Only need a few big names that will play for the famous gold and blue and not the $$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    NW is apparently doing a great job at the stags as I knew he would, it is all great having locals play for the club, but the problems come, if they are not up to it, as they obviously aren't just yet, they get thrown in to First Grade, they all of a sudden think, im a first grader now, its when NW and committee recruit some experience and these young locals have to go back to 23s/19s for a couple of years they get their nose out of joint. Trust me I have seen kids play first grade at Toronto that really weren't ready, if they ever would be, bu ti have faith in NW and I hope these young locals hang around if the experienced out of towners come in. Only need a few big names that will play for the famous gold and blue and not the $$$$$$$

I have to agree here... from all reports the new president is doing a fantastic job, off the field they seem to be doing well but on it is another story? I think in the past 5 weeks they've won 1 game across all grades? would agree though young kids are getting chucked in and walking around with egos, will be nice to see when they get dropped how they handle it? Something the coach must handle with care.

surely the coach is under huge amounts of pressure

First coaching movement of the season has been made. Josh Rufo has left Wallsend in mutual terms. Heard from both sides and just seems some creative differences played a part. Hoping to see Rufo coach next year somewhere. Great guy and quality coach.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    First coaching movement of the season has been made. Josh Rufo has left Wallsend in mutual terms. Heard from both sides and just seems some creative differences played a part. Hoping to see Rufo coach next year somewhere. Great guy and quality coach.
    Well that seems a bit random. Wouldn't think that they would be the first club to loose a coach, seeing how some other clubs are performing.

wow.......who's got them now ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    wow.......who's got them now ?
    Senior players for the rest of the season along with the lower grade coaches is what I was told.

He have appropriate license for npl?

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    He have appropriate license for npl?
    B-License? Told me he is thinking of getting one this year. Even the current New-FM clubs when it changes to NPL2 have to have a coach with a B-License and a Technical Director with a B-License.

B-License? Told me he is thinking of getting one this year. Even the current New-FM clubs when it changes to NPL2 have to have a coach with a B-License and a Technical Director with a B-License.
    I'd like to be corrected on this and it's from someone in between C & B Licences but that person told me
    there's only 4 or 5 people with FFA/AFC B licenses in the whole area. If that's true then... to NNSWF or FFA
    or who ever is pushing this agenda.

On another note, if you're playing Sunday games I'd be looking at making other plans kids.

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/newcastle.shtml
    90% for 8-25mm predicted by BOM this far out for Saturday and 95%!! 25-70mm for Sunday?
    Weekend write off...
    Good for my water tanks though

EDIT: In case there was any doubt...check out Saturday 07:00 to Monday 04:00, especially from Sunday 04:00.
    http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/char...er/index.shtml
    I guess that's a bona fide East Coast Low.
    70mm is a conservative guesstimation.
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 02-06-2016 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Added interactive map

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    On another note, if you're playing Sunday games I'd be looking at making other plans kids.

http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/newcastle.shtml
    90% for 8-25mm predicted by BOM this far out for Saturday and 95%!! 25-70mm for Sunday?
    Weekend write off...
    Good for my water tanks though

EDIT: In case there was any doubt...check out Saturday 07:00 to Monday 04:00, especially from Sunday 04:00.
    http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/char...er/index.shtml
    I guess that's a bona fide East Coast Low.
    70mm is a conservative guesstimation.
    Belswans are away this weekend...... anyone want to hire a ground?????? I think they'd consider that weather ground irrigation at Blacksmiths haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Belswans are away this weekend...... anyone want to hire a ground?????? I think they'd consider that weather ground irrigation at Blacksmiths haha.
    Southy will still play with the chicken pens irrigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Southy will still play with the chicken pens irrigation.
    Chill out with the Southie negativity will you Zicoman...
    irrigation = drainage????I don't understand.

Anyhow it appears to be a good weekend for ducks coming up..... Swannies like it a little drier.