Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Graeme Jones, huge asset to the stags, one of the best and most underrated coaches in Newcastle, should be coaching NPL but a huge coup for the stags.
    Agree. Jonsey will do well and the stags could be a dark horse!!

Chris Gallagher confirmed to be coaching Wallsend FC next season. That just leaves Southy as the only club yet to name a head coach.

Heard Southy announced Denis Fajkovic as Head Coach with his father Dalibor as assistant.

Is that his first coaching gig?

Abe Wheelhouse
    Todd Cawley
    Jason Cowburn
    To stags

Chris Bowling helping with some junior input

Abe Wheelhouse
    Todd Cawley
    Jason Cowburn
    To stags

Chris Bowling helping with some junior input

Splashing the cash? Who is coming up with it GO AWAY, all those names would want decent $$$

Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    Splashing the cash? Who is coming up with it GO AWAY, all those names would want decent $$$
    Not much cash needed mate, todd hasn't played for a while, cowby and abe blackalls boys so theyd be coming for the love of the club haha

Not much cash needed mate, todd hasn't played for a while, cowby and abe blackalls boys so theyd be coming for the love of the club haha
    I hope they do being a local would love nothing more then seeing Rudda coach with the loyal boys

however come round 1 will be surprised if they are running out for the beloved Stags!

Hodgo is joining Kahibah with the Kepreotes brothers to follow. Big gains for Kahibah but big losses for Wallsend. No doubt more player signings to come and news will probably filter out once most trials are over next week.

On Toronto, I heard Abe wasn't going to go there. Things change of course and those names would be big inclusions out at Stags.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Hodgo is joining Kahibah with the Kepreotes brothers to follow. Big gains for Kahibah but big losses for Wallsend. No doubt more player signings to come and news will probably filter out once most trials are over next week.

On Toronto, I heard Abe wasn't going to go there. Things change of course and those names would be big inclusions out at Stags.
    Huge news Ty, I assumed hodgo was friends with rudda and I thought he may of been a chance at the stags?

How are things at the new home Ty? Enjoying it at Kahibah, any other news with coaches and players they are trying to get? No cooks hill boys following you?

Huge news Ty, I assumed hodgo was friends with rudda and I thought he may of been a chance at the stags?

How are things at the new home Ty? Enjoying it at Kahibah, any other news with coaches and players they are trying to get? No cooks hill boys following you?
    Massive signing for Kahibah. Heard Graham Law and Cooks Hill were chasing as they are a few players but after speaking with him, Hodgo seems pretty happy for a change of scenery. There's no ill-feelings with Wallsend either. Think he just wants a new challenge.

It's been quiet over the past month but Kahibah six-a-side comp starts next week so it'll be a good way to kickstart life at a new club. Funny enough, Gumpsy came all the way into town to pick me up and take me to the Hodgo signing as they wanted Newysports to have exclusive news. One of Cooks Hill's coaches from last year has joined up at Kahibah but as far as any players, haven't heard anything. Have heard Cookers have lost a lot of quality 17/19's talent.

With trials next week, some teams will start to be announced over the coming weeks. Keen as to start a new pre-season and see what every club brings to the table. I'll sound bias but I truly believe Kahibah will be there in the finals again. Hodgo and the Kepreotes brothers are quality additions. No other club has really shown their hand yet so to speak. Lots of dark horse teams (Cooks Hill with Law as coach could be good, Thornton, Westy) and the big ones (Belswans/Wallsend) who'll push for finals again. Regardless of alliances with clubs, ultimately I think everyone would have to be hoping to see a more even First Grade competition instead of a solid top four for the majority of the year.

Finally signed up, after being an observer for a while now.

Just some thoughts on the teams for next year.

Cessnock - Making major changes, new Coach is not afraid to rock the apple cart and upset the locals. And he has the Committees support, so they very well could be a dark horse with a couple of quality signings from out of the area.

Wallsend - Where to start, loose their high profile coach who brought a certain pulling power with him. Evidence by the players leaving - Hodgo + Kepos x2 and possibly more. Will be interesting to see who they replace these guys with, otherwise I don't see them making the finals.

Cooks Hill - If Law can bring along some players from Adamstown they will be much better off. Hard to win consistently with guys just happy to be there and get on the piss. Then need top line players to push them higher up the ladder.

Belswans - Should be pushing for top 2. With Rufo coming in with his brother they will bring a lot of quality to an already decent team.

Toronto - Those players mentioned haven't even played for 1,2 or 3 years, hard to see what impact they will have if they even actually end up playing for Awaba. Could be the case of 2 steps forward, one step back unfortunately.

Kahibah - It appears Gumps playing days might be officially over with Kahinah signing some big names. Plus their young guys Penfold, Demir etc they will be hard to beat. Heard another rather controversial name is also coming from Wallsend too.

Southy - If Faj can pull a coulple names from his mates playing NPL they will much improved from 2015.

Singo, Westy, Thornton - All seem to be keeping their business and recruitment in house. All have decent coaches so it is good sign that they are keen on developing their younger players.

New Lambton - Who knows really, massive surprise packet. Signing Packer as Head Coach and TD is a great start, might be some hidden gems in their junior system coming through. Good for the Comp having them in.

Hard to see anyone but Kahibah or Belswans coming first. Will be very tight for the other spots though. I'm actually in favour for the bye too, couple reasons - allows clubs to hold functions, players can go on holidays and just gives people a break in what is such a long season anyway.

I do wonder if a team fails to meet the minimum criteria every year will they be dropped down to ZL during the 3 year period? And if a team fully meets NPL criteria, will they be promoted before the next application period?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardly Watching View Post
    I do wonder if a team fails to meet the minimum criteria every year will they be dropped down to ZL during the 3 year period? And if a team fully meets NPL criteria, will they be promoted before the next application period?
    Pretty sure it'll be 3yrs before they re-assess & possibly promote/relegate?

Gazzard and cook from wallsend to belswans

So why all the peeps jumping ship from wallsend?

Any other name signings floating around? Spoken to a few of the locals from Toronto and apparently have signed all players from last year plus a few inclusions to bolster the young kids up

Any early predictions ty? Kahibah seem to have recruited well, coach of the 22s is a Toronto local also, so is the 19s coach. Wonder why they chose Kahibah over Stags? Belswans with Josh and the Wallsend Connections will be strong, any surprise packets? I am biased but can see Toronto performing well under the old boy

Any other name signings floating around? Spoken to a few of the locals from Toronto and apparently have signed all players from last year plus a few inclusions to bolster the young kids up

Any early predictions ty? Kahibah seem to have recruited well, coach of the 22s is a Toronto local also, so is the 19s coach. Wonder why they chose Kahibah over Stags? Belswans with Josh and the Wallsend Connections will be strong, any surprise packets? I am biased but can see Toronto performing well under the old boy
    I've heard opposite out of Toronto. More players leaving than staying but I'm not as close to that team as I am with others.

Without sounding too harsh, I'd say they've chosen Kahibah due to a higher standard over the past season or two. Toronto is still re-building itself as a premier club in NewFM. Kahibah have a strong community bond, a good leadership and a committed board. There's a tonne of players from the Toronto/West Lake area playing for Kahibah too. If Stags can get back to the quality of yesteryear then those players and coaches may return. That being said, the wider competition community isn't expecting much from Stags so they could fly in under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    I've heard opposite out of Toronto. More players leaving than staying but I'm not as close to that team as I am with others.

Without sounding too harsh, I'd say they've chosen Kahibah due to a higher standard over the past season or two. Toronto is still re-building itself as a premier club in NewFM. Kahibah have a strong community bond, a good leadership and a committed board. There's a tonne of players from the Toronto/West Lake area playing for Kahibah too. If Stags can get back to the quality of yesteryear then those players and coaches may return. That being said, the wider competition community isn't expecting much from Stags so they could fly in under the radar.

Yet when they get punted from those clubs they will want to come back? Why don't more come back when its need to help rebuild... Im sure the younger ones would learn heaps of the current coach, I seen the current Kahibah 19s coach at the local pub chatting with the new stags coach, so things mustn't of went ahead the way they both wanted... Local lad would be good to get them all back!

Huge preseason planned! COYS!!!!

Yet when they get punted from those clubs they will want to come back? Why don't more come back when its need to help rebuild... Im sure the younger ones would learn heaps of the current coach, I seen the current Kahibah 19s coach at the local pub chatting with the new stags coach, so things mustn't of went ahead the way they both wanted... Local lad would be good to get them all back!

The players won't get punted if they're good enough. The ones that are at Kahibah are all good enough to be there. Kahibah closer to becoming an NPL club than Stags in my eyes. And I judge Routledge is the 'current coach' we're talking about. I along with many others sees the idea of a 17's coach appointed to 1st Grade as a risk. I don't know Adam's history at the club but he's not going to attract assistant and lower grade coaches like a Gumprecht, a Law or a Rufo would.

lol...move on
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis