Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NEW FM League thread

It gets even better.
    Go to 1am Sunday.
    Big fat purple patch flogging down upon us 'bout then.
    Cookers might still get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    It gets even better.
    Go to 1am Sunday.
    I'm not doing my weekly write-up as I'm feeling hardly any games will go ahead. My app says 40-80mm for Saturday so even if AthField is on it may get a little wet. Have to bring some cover for my speaker system if I use it. I'm planning on going up to Singo on Sunday but have doubts looking at the forecast.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    It gets even better.
    Go to 1am Sunday.
    Aths has always been good in the wet. Can it still handle the wet with all the work done retro?

I had time today to mow across both 18s and start again from the 1/2 way line out the the
    centre circle edges so it was OK to take the Jacobsen across it.
    The rain we've had to date might tip it over the too damp side though.
    We're still checking it early tomorrow morning regardless of what happens tonight.

Cooks Hill v Wallsend - OFF

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Aths has always been good in the wet. Can it still handle the wet with all the work done retro?
    It does not handle it as well as it used to unfortunately, still ok if it rains the day before, but if it's rain overnight/on the day..not much better than any other pitch

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Belswans.... top of the table atm, following a pretty unconvincing win at Singo yesterday. Two late goals got them home. Will need a big improvement next weekend against the Jaffas.

Thornton went down 3-2 after being behind 3-0. Tough fight back and Lakes were lucky to hang on. Lakes are most definitely beatable and should Belswans keep winning, first place is up for grabs

Also, Corey Fletcher was taken away in an ambulance. Any news on his condition?

Any updated results from these weekend fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by front2 View Post
    Any updated results from these weekend fixtures.
    only on isport. they all up

Big news today. Wallsend and West Wallsend stripped of points. Wallsend for fielding a suspended player against Toronto and Belswans and Westy for the same against Kahibah. 3-0 wins awarded to the other teams and suddenly top four doesn't look so solid. Cookers v Wallsend tonight very interesting all of a sudden

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Big news today. Wallsend and West Wallsend stripped of points. Wallsend for fielding a suspended player against Toronto and Belswans and Westy for the same against Kahibah. 3-0 wins awarded to the other teams and suddenly top four doesn't look so solid. Cookers v Wallsend tonight very interesting all of a sudden
    That's pretty poor administration. Is that why the coach got the axe or left? That's a lot of points for Wallsend to lose

Any scores from tonight's games

Cookers v Wallsend
    23's. 1-1
    1sts. HT 0-0

Cookers v Wallsend
    1st grade: 0-1 Wallsend

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    That's pretty poor administration. Is that why the coach got the axe or left? That's a lot of points for Wallsend to lose
    No I don't think that's why he left. Certainly interesting and seems a lack of communication. Would have been costly if they went down tonight but a win helped the situation. Still ruins their premiership hopes

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    No I don't think that's why he left. Certainly interesting and seems a lack of communication. Would have been costly if they went down tonight but a win helped the situation. Still ruins their premiership hopes
    The player involve must also take the blame, surely you can count to five

I think it's high time that an electronic copy of all team sheets was taken post match by home clubs and forwarded to
    the opposition clubs Secretary/Club Contact + NNSWF CC'd in (as proof it was sent...they don't have to open or save them)
    Then it would be clear that clubs have a record of what transcribed as far as referee decisions is concerned.
    It would certainly make my job in the club easier.

It isn't rocket science people. There is a thing called a spreadsheet that should be used by each club for all players and cards entered after each game. I agree if sheets are sent to NNSWFF then they should be the ones that are notifying clubs when a player is on 4 cards so they are aware of a possible suspension coming up.

It wouldn't take that long to do and the question has to be asked what does the competition administrator do once all registrations and clubs are sorted.