Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    I was just putting out possible scenarios.
    Jets seem to play all their NYL and W League games out of magic park now so would make sense to make that a bit of a base for them to play NPL from.
    You could also mount an argument for the Jets to share Macquarie Field with Lakes as it is next door to NNSWF and the training facilities used by the merging jets and wleague.

As for the grant money, my point would be that it would go to the ground not the club - hence all clubs would benefit from improved facilities not line the pockets of clubs so they could pay more money for players.
    I wasnt being serious hahaha

Greyhound racing to be banned in NSW. Is this good or bad news for Wallsend FC?

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Greyhound racing to be banned in NSW. Is this good or bad news for Wallsend FC?
    Really good question.
    Depends on what happens to the facility.

Best outcome would be Newcastle Council buy it out (unlikely) and redesign it as a boutique stadium (like #2 Sportsground) - big win for Wallsend.
    Worst outcome is it sits on the books of GrNSW and rots away while the accountants wind up the organisation (could take years).

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    I'm assuming Piggo's protégé is Blake Glennie
    I think assuming, that Blake would prefer to be nobodies bitch.

See how things pan out with Cooks Hill. Some of those young emerging players have been coached one on one by Warren Spink.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Really good question.
    Depends on what happens to the facility.

Best outcome would be Newcastle Council buy it out (unlikely) and redesign it as a boutique stadium (like #2 Sportsground) - big win for Wallsend.
    Worst outcome is it sits on the books of GrNSW and rots away while the accountants wind up the organisation (could take years).
    The ground is owned by Greyhound Association will get sold off if the greyhounds do get banned as its still in the red

Quote Originally Posted by front2 View Post

See how things pan out with Cooks Hill. Some of those young emerging players have been coached one on one by Warren Spink.

Blake is going well? Seems to do good by the kids and give the kids a chance

Quote Originally Posted by front2 View Post

Unless chiefy was working with Piggo

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    The ground is owned by Greyhound Association will get sold off if the greyhounds do get banned as its still in the red
    It's not in the red. But will get sold off, technically the government own it and a greyhound club lease it. The land is almost useless due to being built on a swamp and next to main storm water. Will remain a sporting complex of some type. Don't think the dogs will be going anywhere for awhile.

Stags 3 cookers 1,

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    Stags 3 cookers 1,
    LOL. pretty sure Stags won't be recruiting coaches from Cooks Hill. Stags coach seems to have done alright with the cattle he has.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Different cattle to the herd that toweled them up 2-7 1st round.

Like wise for the Stags, 6 different players in their starting 11 yesterday.

It's funny what young hungry players can do when they are playing for nothing other than passion for their home town team. Too many years have gone by at Awaba with too many players coming through at the end of their careers chasing big dollars and not getting results.

Now for one reason or another, either the kids out performing older players or forced changes because of injuries/suspensions, the perfomances are getting better. Not saying we will win out the rest of the season, we could easily get touched up by Thornton again, but the future is bright for the young Stags. (Average age yesterday - 19)

Saying all that, Cookers GK should have saved that FK that just went over his head, and his positioning for the 2nd goal left a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Like wise for the Stags, 6 different players in their starting 11 yesterday.

It's funny what young hungry players can do when they are playing for nothing other than passion for their home town team. Too many years have gone by at Awaba with too many players coming through at the end of their careers chasing big dollars and not getting results.

Now for one reason or another, either the kids out performing older players or forced changes because of injuries/suspensions, the perfomances are getting better. Not saying we will win out the rest of the season, we could easily get touched up by Thornton again, but the future is bright for the young Stags. (Average age yesterday - 19)

Saying all that, Cookers GK should have saved that FK that just went over his head, and his positioning for the 2nd goal left a lot to be desired.
    Was at this game as westy vs belswans got called off

Toronto just wanted it more.. Simple as that..

2 goals keeper should have done better with, but still decent strikers

Both coaches carried on a bit, Toronto need to learn to show respect when they win also, carried on, to which I later found out both coaches from cooks hill use to be at the stags.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    this was the real disappointment for those of us there for the old boys day

there were two blokes out there trying for Cooks Hill, the rest were just passengers

was good to see some of the old faces anyway - at least the ones who aren't still involved with the club that see week in week out - not that we've got that many actually old aged former players given we only formed 19 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    Was at this game as westy vs belswans got called off

2 goals keeper should have done better with, but still decent strikers

Both coaches carried on a bit, Toronto need to learn to show respect when they win also, carried on, to which I later found out both coaches from cooks hill use to be at the stags.
    Big Sam you must be kidding, show more respect, goes both ways

On behalf of the stags apologies for celebrating our fourth win of the season

As a team manager I appreciated Toronto staff cleaning up their changeroom area and players respecting the top notch facility; and not kicking dunny doors off and smashing garbage bins. I make sure I leave our opposition changerooms clean and tidy and appreciate the same respect in return. Im just jealous to see the Staggs celebrating a great win. Good on youse.

Thornton up 3-0 at halftime. Southy won all 3 lower grades

Stags 3 cookers 1,
    Good to see the Stags doing well.

If they harness what they have over that side of the lake, they will be a very powerful club for years to come.

I wish them well.

Kahibah v Cessnock City results:

17's: Kahibah 4-3 (A good match for the neutral. Kahibah should have done a lot better. Cessnock's striker in this grade played three games and then on bench for firsts. A quality young player.)
    19's: Kahibah 3-0 (A much-needed win for the side. Hat-trick for a defender turned winger for the day and he should have had five or six. Two cracking shots as well could have gone in. Convincing)
    23's: Kahibah 2-1 (Hard-fought between two sides trying to stay in finals race. Eleven unbeaten now for Kahibah.)
    1st Grade: Kahibah 2-1 (Cessnock led in the 2nd minute with a header after a soft foul was awarded. Kahibah came out trumps but they didn't take the easy route. The 'Nock definitely had their chances and Kahibah again had to win ugly IMO.)

Big Sam you must be kidding, show more respect, goes both ways

On behalf of the stags apologies for celebrating our fourth win of the season
    On a role atm out that side of the lake, who have the stags got for the rest of the season?