Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NEW FM League thread

I put this issue entirely down to NNSW, and not the clubs.

A few years ago I was playing and we rested a player who had received his 5th yellow card from referees that season. He played the next week after he was rested, got a yellow card, and we then got a letter from NNSW saying he was suspended the next game for accruing 5 yellows. It turns out the referee, or NNSW, or someone hadn't recorded one of his first yellows. So we rested him for a week for no reason.

The next week the club asked NNSW for a list of all players and what cards they were currently on & it was as if we were asking for the worlds biggest favour. A lot of bitching & moaning, and in the end it turned out a few players who had 3+ cards had been recorded incorrectly for some reason.

Every single player should be available and eligible to play every single week unless specifically notified by the federation otherwise. Absolutely no responsibility should be taken by the club, ever, IMO (apart from making sure team sheets or whatever are submitted, however that goes down).
    Last edited by pv4; 16-06-2016 at 12:19 PM.
    OK

Each grades coaching staff (at WFC) are issued with a match day report which has things such as starting lineup,subs,goals,cards,players player votes etc. So providing they're filled out correctly (by the coaching staff) the information should be there for the coaching staff & committee to know when a player needs a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Also, Corey Fletcher was taken away in an ambulance. Any news on his condition?
    Any word? heard this was a sickening collision with his goalkeeper and there was some serious concerns for his head and neck

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    Any word? heard this was a sickening collision with his goalkeeper and there was some serious concerns for his head and neck
    Lakes FB page updated that no serious neck/head damage just a chipped bone in his wrist. In plaster but safe from any potentially serious injuries which is great. On the field, Lakes definitely put the disappointment of losing top spot due to the points controversy and all that. 7-0 over Westy is a big result.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Rules View Post
    It isn't rocket science people. There is a thing called a spreadsheet that should be used by each club for all players and cards entered after each game. I agree if sheets are sent to NNSWFF then they should be the ones that are notifying clubs when a player is on 4 cards so they are aware of a possible suspension coming up.

It wouldn't take that long to do and the question has to be asked what does the competition administrator do once all registrations and clubs are sorted.
    So wouldn't it be too much for one of the paid staff at Northern to be keeping these records and supplying them to the clubs each week??

What for this league it would take an hour to set up a spreadsheet/ database. 20 mins for each grade each week to update and 5 seconds to email the clubs with the updated list each week

What exactly the **** do the paid staff at Northern actually do??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So wouldn't it be too much for one of the paid staff at Northern to be keeping these records and supplying them to the clubs each week??

What for this league it would take an hour to set up a spreadsheet/ database. 20 mins for each grade each week to update and 5 seconds to email the clubs with the updated list each week

What exactly the **** do the paid staff at Northern actually do??
    Your post implies that they already don't keep this database. But they evidently do, because they obviously are keeping track of cards somehow - it seems they just take a while to catch up/cotton on.

So as far as I can tell, they're already keeping this spreadsheet/database. So from the outside, it only seems like they have to add the email to their weekly routine. It shouldn't be hard, and it shouldn't be anyone elses responsibility except the federation (aka the governing body).

It reeks of unprofessionalism (sp) that all too frequently shows itself under the current administration.

The only difference between this cockup by NNSW and say, the Guy Bates thing, is they let Adamstown off for NNSW's mistake but decided to punish the Wallsends for NNSW's mistake this time round.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Your post implies that they already don't keep this database. But they evidently do, because they obviously are keeping track of cards somehow - it seems they just take a while to catch up/cotton on.

So as far as I can tell, they're already keeping this spreadsheet/database. So from the outside, it only seems like they have to add the email to their weekly routine. It shouldn't be hard, and it shouldn't be anyone elses responsibility except the federation (aka the governing body).

It reeks of unprofessionalism (sp) that all too frequently shows itself under the current administration.

The only difference between this cockup by NNSW and say, the Guy Bates thing, is they let Adamstown off for NNSW's mistake but decided to punish the Wallsends for NNSW's mistake this time round.
    If you can put it out in an email then it ain't any harder to have the thing uploaded to the website every week either is it??

But that just once again highlights the amatuer organization that Northern is

They do a have Database and clubs do have access to it

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post

The Postman? what is going on out at Toronto? Another L with the midweek fixture, Cessnock play some good football at times and seem hard to beat

with the cards this should be looked after by NNSW or maybe next year pay newsports to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    The Postman? what is going on out at Toronto? Another L with the midweek fixture, Cessnock play some good football at times and seem hard to beat

with the cards this should be looked after by NNSW or maybe next year pay newsports to do it?
    Why do we blame NNSW for everything, they may as well not have rules if clubs pick and choose which ones they want to follow. Rules say the onus is on the clubs, for whatever reason the clubs didn't follow this rule. The club have no right to whinge or appeal, the rule is clear and been that way for years. How hard is it for someone from a club to log on and print out a report or do their own spreadsheet of cards that have recorded of the back of each weeks team sheets. Not hard, NNSW have done the right thing here the offending clubs should also be fined.

I haven't had too much of a say on this but thought I'd put in my two cents. I started the year with the intention to keep goalscorers and cards for every grade and every game....cards lasted one round and goals are very difficult to get every week. Could it be better? Yes. I was told of how they use an electronic system on the Central Coast that shows a player as suspended on the team sheets (team sheets are done on iPads/iPhones or something like that apparently.)

End of the day, NNSWF could do better next year via a few different ways but this year, the rules clearly state that it's up to the clubs. I can't bag out the federation for this. They've followed the rules and the two clubs involved have made the mistakes. I know at Cooks Hill, one of our committee blokes has a spreadsheet with everything on it, every single card and he gets every team sheet. As mentioned, I do the same with goalscorers and find it incredibly tough so cards would be something else. It may change next year but for now the rules were broken and the clubs were punished accordingly. What I want to know is if NNSWF are going to sweep through the 23's, 19's and 17's as you'd imagine there may be similar going on.

All that aside, we had some football played at the AthField tonight. Cooks Hill 17's downed Wallsend 3-0 in a quality performance to boost their hopes going into finals. 19's game was Wallsend 2-1 when it was abandoned due to a possible neck injury to a Wallsend player. Good news is that it seems he isn't injured as badly as originally thought but will be interesting to see if game gets replayed as Cookers v Kahibah did a few weeks back.

Seems straight forward NewyTy. This u19s fixture will be replayed based on the time played. Precedent already set. Unfortunate for Wallsend.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Why do we blame NNSW for everything, they may as well not have rules if clubs pick and choose which ones they want to follow. Rules say the onus is on the clubs, for whatever reason the clubs didn't follow this rule. The club have no right to whinge or appeal, the rule is clear and been that way for years. How hard is it for someone from a club to log on and print out a report or do their own spreadsheet of cards that have recorded of the back of each weeks team sheets. Not hard, NNSW have done the right thing here the offending clubs should also be fined.
    Who is running the game??

They are

Any errors and the buck stops with them

As for your claim it is the clubs responsibility well look at WLG example.

The club kept records and refused to play a player based on those records and then had to suspend them again due to a **** up at Northern's end

Also like to point out clubs and players pay money in region fees etc.

What the **** does this money go towards??

It goes to paying people to run the game and competitions in this area not sit on their arses drinking Lattes looking at Lake Macquarie everyday.

They are doing a poor job and the buck stops with them

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Who is running the game??

They are

Any errors and the buck stops with them

As for your claim it is the clubs responsibility well look at WLG example.

The club kept records and refused to play a player based on those records and then had to suspend them again due to a **** up at Northern's end

Also like to point out clubs and players pay money in region fees etc.

What the **** does this money go towards??

It goes to paying people to run the game and competitions in this area not sit on their arses drinking Lattes looking at Lake Macquarie everyday.

They are doing a poor job and the buck stops with them
    Raise some very good points MFKS. It's obvious to every man and his dog that NNSWF don't care about New-FM. It's their ugly step-child to the NPL and that's why they're trying to change the rules, change the names, make the clubs jump through hoops. And yes, for the competition fees that are paid, it's questionable at the very least what it's for. Just heard the New-FM Grand Final is at Edgy and at least one New-FM club whose ground would be suitable weren't even informed or asked if they wanted it. More money into Edgy's pocket if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    I wasn't aware of this.

It makes me less angry at NNSW but still, IMO the onus is on them to tell clubs when they can and can't play whatever players.

Or hell, make the database completely public and that way every club & referee are aware and won't even allow the player to be put on the teamsheet.

It can't be hard.
    OK

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I wasn't aware of this.

It makes me less angry at NNSW but still, IMO the onus is on them to tell clubs when they can and can't play whatever players.

Or hell, make the database completely public and that way every club & referee are aware and won't even allow the player to be put on the teamsheet.

It can't be hard.
    I asked a committee member at Belswans and was told that clubs have to run a report from the MyFootballClub site. I guess that this is the database that clubs access. It think that it is a useless exercise (waste of time) in clubs keeping records if this is what the clubs have to access. If you go off your own records and they are not correct then you can run into issues either way???

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Raise some very good points MFKS. It's obvious to every man and his dog that NNSWF don't care about New-FM. It's their ugly step-child to the NPL and that's why they're trying to change the rules, change the names, make the clubs jump through hoops. And yes, for the competition fees that are paid, it's questionable at the very least what it's for. Just heard the New-FM Grand Final is at Edgy and at least one New-FM club whose ground would be suitable weren't even informed or asked if they wanted it. More money into Edgy's pocket if you ask me.
    Out of interest Newy were would you propose it to be held ??

In Zone league clubs are supposed to keep a record of cards for each player. If they have recorded enough cards for a suspension then it is stated for the clubs to check with the association before standing a player down.
    Is clearly written in the disciplinary rules and regulations, not sure with NNSW but imagine
    Zone rules would be mirrored off theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Out of interest Newy were would you propose it to be held ??
    In this case I was talking to Toronto-Awaba. Yes there'd be some who'd say Lyall Peacock wouldn't work as GF host but I was there at Weston last year and I believe Toronto would be suitable. Lakes ground also would have the potential to host it, even Westy if you want a nostalgia trip. I wouldn't do it at The Gardens due to the distance from the field to the stand and the dog track.

Obviously grounds like Kahibah, Cooks Hill, Thornton and Belswans in its' current configuration not suitable. Cessnock and Singleton could be made to work with some marquees and stuff set up but yeah, Toronto and Lakes the main grounds I'd like to see it at. It just makes sense to host the New-FM GF at a New-FM ground.

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Bored and cold.......the wind is a bit fresh.
    Someone ruffle my feathers for ***k sake.