Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NEW FM League thread

Belswans 0 Toronto 0

Both teams had there chances, belswans dominated possession but couldn't get through, must have 15 corners, even with the help of the local ref.

Cooks Hill v Sth Cardiff
    Athfield (aka TimeRite Stadium)

1st C/Hill 1 v Sth Cardiff 0 (0-0)
    23s C/Hill 4 v Sth Cardiff 0 (1-0)
    19s C/Hill 2 v Sth Cardiff 1 (1-0)
    17s C/Hill 4 v Sth Cardiff 1 (0-1)

LAKES V KAHIBAH LAKES CLEAN SWEEP

1st 3-2 Kahibah missed PK
    23 3-1
    19 4-1
    17 4-1

After being contacted by a club referred to in discussions in this thread, I have removed portions & posts regarding the topic.
    An erroneous assumption was made initially, and I would remind everyone in the local football forum what has happened in the past when people have posted incorrect information regarding clubs & individuals in regards to serious incidents. You may not realise it, but you are opening this site up to legal action regarding defamation.

I would urge all users to consider this when posting similar "inside" info.
    Cheers
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

wow , that killed the conversation . not much interest in this comp

LAKES V TORONTO-ANOTHER CLEAN SWEEP FOR LAKES

U17 4-0
    U19 6-0
    U23 3-0
    1st 6-0

Gunners 2,1 over Cessnock

Thornton 4-0 over Singo

Crazy day up at Singleton. 17's finished 3-2 to Thornton, a quality game. 19's was 4-1 to Singleton over a Thornton side with 12 U17's players in the 16-man squad. Then biblical rain hit Howe Park and the 23's was canned due to waterlogged pitch and lightning. Can't remember seeing a ground flood so quickly. Somehow the water on the ground cleared up a bit and First Grade went ahead. A Thornton side with a couple handy players out too good for a lacklustre Singleton.

Heard today that Brandon Lundy is on his way to Kahibah, grain of salt obviously

Thornton lead Kahibah 2-1 at half time

Thornton V Kahibah
    U/23's 0-3
    First 3-1

Singleton v Wallsend washed out today? Really??
    How much rain did you get up there cause BOM is showing 3/5ths of 5/8ths of stuff all!
    11mm at Pokolbin and 16mm at Tangory Mountain is a close as I can get to a reasonable fall
    anywhere vaguely in the area...both on Saturday.

http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDN60169.html

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    How much rain did you get up there cause BOM is showing 3/5ths of 5/8ths of stuff all!
    11mm at Pokolbin and 16mm at Tangory Mountain is a close as I can get to a reasonable fall

I've heard it was pretty flooded and I saw on storm chaser Facebook they got a fair bit on Friday arvo. I'm becoming a weather expert nowadays. Was telling the guys in my team our game would be off on Thursday before any of the rain started. Singleton have a cricket pitch which makes it hard and it poured last week.

Also, for those who haven't seen the results from Macquarie Field today:

U17's: Lakes 3-2 Cooks Hill (two teams bound for finals, Lakes the better one on the day but even a Lakes official said the Cookers were their best opponent yet.)
    U19's: Lakes 2-1 Cooks Hill (fairly even game, scrappy from both sides, stop-start affair, settled with the last kick of the game)
    U23's: Lakes 0-2 Cooks Hill (solid result for the visitors over a previously unbeaten side)
    1sts: Lakes 2-1 Cooks Hill (admittingly have my Cookers cap on but a couple of controversial calls/lack of calls inside the box, could have gone either way, Lakes would have played better games)

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

Friday arvo was crazy in singo. There was flash flooding everywhere. It really doesn't surprise me games were off this weekend. The storm that came through was pretty amazing!

Gotta love a mid week trip to Singo for a catch up game!

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    I've heard it was pretty flooded and I saw on storm chaser Facebook they got a fair bit on Friday arvo. I'm becoming a weather expert nowadays. Was telling the guys in my team our game would be off on Thursday before any of the rain started. Singleton have a cricket pitch which makes it hard and it poured last week.

Also, for those who haven't seen the results from Macquarie Field today:

U17's: Lakes 3-2 Cooks Hill (two teams bound for finals, Lakes the better one on the day but even a Lakes official said the Cookers were their best opponent yet.)
    U19's: Lakes 2-1 Cooks Hill (fairly even game, scrappy from both sides, stop-start affair, settled with the last kick of the game)
    U23's: Lakes 0-2 Cooks Hill (solid result for the visitors over a previously unbeaten side)
    1sts: Lakes 2-1 Cooks Hill (admittingly have my Cookers cap on but a couple of controversial calls/lack of calls inside the box, could have gone either way, Lakes would have played better games)

Agree Newyty cookers were unlucky not to get a result in all grades in my opinion. Lakes look strong in all grades could of been another clean sweep for them if they had someone that could put the ball away in 23s from my count we had about 3 good chances and scored 2 lakes would of had upwards of 20 i reckon.

1sts could of went either way lakes seem to be a little more switched on for the majority of the match but there was not much in it.

Big wins for Thornton and Cessnock on weekend, what's going on at Kahibah, was my pick to win or go close to winning the comp, still might but I expected them further up the table at this point ?

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Big wins for Thornton and Cessnock on weekend, what's going on at Kahibah, was my pick to win or go close to winning the comp, still might but I expected them further up the table at this point ?
    You are a harsh critic GO AWAY.
    Kahibah are entrenched in the top four with a game in hand of the top two - what more do you want?
    No-one is going to run away with the comp, the teams are too even across the board for that.

In fact, this is the closest NewFM comp I can remember across all grades.
    No real standout teams in any grade with the exception of Lakes in the 17s.

Every game I have attended this year I have seen competitve matches in every grade. I is great for the competition.
    Last edited by LongSufferingFan; 27-04-2016 at 04:24 PM.

4 outta 5 games on A-LEague GF day.
    Bummer...if yer interested in it that is.
    Lucky Cookers, Westy n Belmont.
    The 2nd half is still there to be viewed.

Were there requests to have KO times or days changed?
    Message came in today from NNSWF keeping the status quo.