Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by big jim View Post
    I'm ok with singleton or any club bringing in players to strengthen club and comp

But can't take two jobs from fellow brothers
    yeah I'm sure the country and town of Singleton is going to be in recession because of two jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    yeah I'm sure the country and town of Singleton is going to be in recession because of two jobs.
    Champ man, how long since you have been to singo, remember two successive periods of economic decline equals a recession

But that's not the point brother, two jobs is two jobs, we fight for our jobs

Champ man, how long since you have been to singo, remember two successive periods of economic decline equals a recession

If two yanks (or whoever) can just walk in and take two jobs....says a lot....

I'm calling the getting two jobs thing bullshit simply because it is so absurd for mines that are slowing down to suddenly find 2 jobs for 2 people. Unless one of the mine in question is owned by an individual involved with the club (though still dubious). Maybe the Royal is giving them $10 schnitzels and schooners for middy prices every day of the week.

No one whinged when EDI was giving Warners Bay players jobs.
    What's the difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Why Blue View Post
    Are parents still paying at NPL level ???
    I also find it hard to believe that these guys are playing for zero💲💲💲 the girls don't
    Think he's referring to the old, use Npl youth to fund the senior team.

Also, did I hear correct that Tull Snr is taking a step away from the club?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    Maybe they like the Singleton area?

Yep I am pretty certain one has some severe mental and psychological issues if they move countries and come to Australia and of all the places to pick in this country they choose to live in down town Singleton

FMD

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    If two yanks (or whoever) can just walk in and take two jobs....says a lot....
    Not 100% I understand what you mean here
    But think it's fair to say we have different opinions on job retention and security

I'm with the cheeseman maybe a few free $10 snitties after game

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Yep I am pretty certain one has some severe mental and psychological issues if they move countries and come to Australia and of all the places to pick in this country they choose to live in down town Singleton

FMD
    That's why ppl travel everyday

Only ppl born into singo stay there

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Think he's referring to the old, use Npl youth to fund the senior team.

Also, did I hear correct that Tull Snr is taking a step away from the club?
    Stepping back abit mate, Young Dinardo president, new treasurer, and maybe even a secretary. Still helping run the club but not as involved.
    ten blokes plus on the board, plenty of sponsors, so things looking good.

2-2 Thornton v Cooks Hill. Cookers missing 5-6 first graders, Thornton apparently full strength. Subat played, quite intensily I'm led to believe. Interesting start to the year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    2-2 Thornton v Cooks Hill. Cookers missing 5-6 first graders, Thornton apparently full strength. Subat played, quite intensily I'm led to believe. Interesting start to the year.

Thornton were playing with 5 possibly 6 first team players, they played very high tempo and should have won by 6 or 7 goals. Cooks Hill played well but didn't really do to much until Thornton put their younger players on in the 3rd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Stepping back abit mate, Young Dinardo president, new treasurer, and maybe even a secretary. Still helping run the club but not as involved.
    ten blokes plus on the board, plenty of sponsors, so things looking good.
    Best things they have done in years. Cannot doubt the man's passion, that's not questioned. But he was doing more harm than good, in my opinion.

I thought it was 3?

Trial Results today:

Port Macquarie FC 2-4 Cooks Hill United

I was out at West Wallsend for their trial against Cessnock City. Scores were:
    1st: 3-1 Westy
    23's: 2-1 Cessnock
    19's: 5-1 Westy
    17's: 3-2 Westy

A fun day but very hot in the sun for eight hours. Westy could and probably should have scored more. Cessnock were awful going forward and as a result kept coming back and being forced into sloppy turnovers. Westy have a couple of new signings who's names slip my mind at the moment but they're on the improve.

23's wasn't a surprise. Cessnock a quality side in that comp. Westy brought it though and were unlucky not to get a result.

19's was sloppy in first half but all Westy in the second. There was a scuffle between two players and both were sent off. Cessnock need to improve or they'll face a tough year. First trial match or not it wasn't the best result.

17's was arguably game of the day and saw Westy come away with a late win. Believe Cessnock have a few 15/16 year olds in the line-up.

I've heard the "Board" at Lakes being wankers once again NewyTy?

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I've heard the "Board" at Lakes being wankers once again NewyTy?
    I'm not sure whether it's one person or the whole board but no one has been in contact. I've got no hard feelings. I have ten other clubs who love what I do in New-FM.

What club doesn't want exposure?

Wallsend
    Kahibah
    Lakes
    Singo
    Belswans
    Thornton
    Cookers
    Westy
    Cessnock
    Southy
    Stags
    Last edited by newyjet; 11-02-2016 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newyjet View Post
    Wallsend
    Kahibah
    Lakes
    Singo
    Belswans
    Thornton
    Cookers
    Westy
    Cessnock
    Southy
    Stags
    I'll do one closer to the season when I've seen Wallsend, Lakes and Thornton play but for now:

1st. Lakes
    2nd. Kahibah
    3rd. Wallsend
    4th. Cooks Hill
    5th. Singleton
    6th. Thornton
    7th. Westy
    8th. Southy
    9th. Cessnock
    10th. Belswans
    11th. Toronto

Heard some rumours about Belswans that make it hard to see them doing well. Toronto look very poor after two games. Cessnock didn't impress me either. Kahibah could win the whole thing based on what I know and have seen from them. Lakes have money and the players to win the league and would be surprised not to see them win it. Pretty decent table but underselling Cooks Hill IMO and not just saying that cause I'm from the club.